LED Front Light Bars & Pods

What brand light bars would yall say we're the best or most reliable

I would put the Baja Designs lights above the Rigids. They are higher cost, but you do get more for your money. They're not for everyone's budget.

You can google a bunch of comparisons people have posted if you type "Baja designs vs rigid".

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?47327-Rigid-Industries-Baja-Designs-or-TRS-LED-bar

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/truck-talk/218563.htm

Edited by spurshot

Jm77 i have the spod also and love it. Im thinking about getting the trex brackets. What size leds did you use. Could it fit a dually xl

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I used rigid d2's but don't see why you couldn't use the XL. I actually thought about that when ordering everything but couldn't justify the price increase vs lumen increase. That's just based on the numbers as I couldn't find many reviews of the xl's.

Let me know if you go that route and how you like them. Post some pictures too! And ha the Spod rocks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting ready to buy a 30-32" light bar to install behind my grill on my Sierra AT. I think I want to go the route of having a wireless remote for now. If it fails down the line, I'll hardwire it. Does anyone know if these lightbars all have the same connectors? I'm looking at getting the Totron Wireless remote and possibly programming to homelink. The LED bar will probably be a decent quality one off of ebay or amazon. Should this all work together or would I have to clip and install different connectors?

Here's a link to the harness.

http://www.2xpower.com/Totron-LED-Light-Bar-Waterproof-WIreless-Remote-Control-T-RC002_p_395.html

Heres the video using the wireless remote.

A double row works well behind the Denali grill. Here's my 30" curved Totron:

Your install looks fantastic. So we're coming up on one year down the road from your post. How is everything holding up? Lightbar still working as expected? How about the grill? How has it held up to the heat of those uber hot lights cooking away behind the grill? Any warping or melting?

Thanks for the information! :cheers:

You have to play with the light and tilt it at just the right angle and that will take care of the light high pitch noise. Some foam from the box in between some fins also helped. The 1/2 tubing fixed the wind threw the door and stopped the rain from pouring in thru the door jam. Poor design by RC in my opinion . If it was up to me I wouldn't recommend them at all.

Edited by Chico210

My buddy has one behind the grill on his truck that we installed and it works good. No issues so far.

I am trying to find a 36" non curved dual row LED light bar with side mounts, unfortunately the Eyourlife on amazon are bottom mounts.

My buddy has one behind the grill on his truck that we installed and it works good. No issues so far.

I am trying to find a 36" non curved dual row LED light bar with side mounts, unfortunately the Eyourlife on amazon are bottom mounts.

Good to hear. Do you have any pics of his setup?

Well with the bottom mounts if you measure right and get the right size, you can mount to the radiatior support bars behind the grill. I need to measure when I get home today but, a 30-32" should work just fine.