LED Front Light Bars & Pods

Has anyone fit a 40" light bar behind the grill? Or is 30 inch the max that'll fit? I thought I remember reading somewhere that you can get a 40inch behind the grill.

You can get a 40" to fit. I've seen straight and curved 40" bars behind the grille of these trucks. You'll just need to do some trimming to some of the plastic.

You can get a 40" to fit. I've seen straight and curved 40" bars behind the grille of these trucks. You'll just need to do some trimming to some of the plastic.

Thanks for this! I see you've got one behind your grill. Do you think mounting it behind the grill has lessened the ability of the LED bar to put light out to either side of the road up close? Like, does the beam still cover a wide area?

Thanks for this! I see you've got one behind your grill. Do you think mounting it behind the grill has lessened the ability of the LED bar to put light out to either side of the road up close? Like, does the beam still cover a wide area?

Here are pictures for you to compare. 1st picture is headlights only 7e8eaf2e538d214980bb781a8cceee28.jpg

2nd picture is headlights and fog lights 80221d70c6e92d568cc79ec21779aadd.jpg

3rd picture is all 3 on 3c4c074c5fefe6362cd5f9799d2b297c.jpg

My bar is spot beam only. And I always recommend it so that the most light from the bar can get through the grille. I feel like the width of the beam would be hurt by the width so I went for the spot only.

• Like 1

It seems much harder to find the Spot Beam only LED Bars, at least while searching Amazon. What's the name of yours?

No name. Got it on eBay for $90. I think it was from seller Online-LED-store. I'll check

Edit: I can't find the transaction on eBay nor do I see the seller. Though I know it was from eBay and I'd be willing to bet money that the seller was "Online-LED-store".

Edited by Mike1220

If looking for a light bar, I intend to go with the OPT 7 ones. They're a lot cheaper than say, Rigid (Which is crazy expensive), and the OPT 7 LED bulbs and LED pod I ordered after seeing one in person look very well built. I am reading through this thread right now though, looking for switch installations... I haven't figured out where to put the switches inside the truck.

No name. Got it on eBay for $90. I think it was from seller Online-LED-store. I'll check

Edit: I can't find the transaction on eBay nor do I see the seller. Though I know it was from eBay and I'd be willing to bet money that the seller was "Online-LED-store".

No worries! I'll do some more searching on this.

If looking for a light bar, I intend to go with the OPT 7 ones. They're a lot cheaper than say, Rigid (Which is crazy expensive), and the OPT 7 LED bulbs and LED pod I ordered after seeing one in person look very well built. I am reading through this thread right now though, looking for switch installations... I haven't figured out where to put the switches inside the truck.

I just checked them out they do look nice and are also relatively cheap. I like that you can specifically choose Spot Beam when ordering.

I just measured the opening of the grill. Seems like it's 37 inches or so. It almost seems like you might as well get a 30 / 32 inch bar and save yourself the extra work of the 40 inch to get it to fit. Plus all the light on the 40 wouldn't be making it to the road (based on my quick measurement.)

I could be wrong.