LED Front Light Bars & Pods

Here are my fogs. You can pick any number you want and pick whether you want flood or spot. I did one flood and one spot on each side. $36 a piece. I've had them for 4 months now with no issues whatsoever. You also do not need a harness with these if you use 2 on each side. The current and voltage draw for 2 of them is almost identical as factory bulb.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291352816110

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks but im looking at a led light bar. Im not a fan of that look for the fogs.

What lights are you guys getting off ebay?? I will give them a shot but if they are garbage i will go for something of quality.

Whats a good bar for behind a Z71 grill? As in size...seems to be a 30"er if im not mistaken

I'm running this bar from ebay, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eyourlife-32-34-180W-Spot-LED-Light-Bar-Flood-ComboDriving-ATVSUV-Wiring-Kit-/301587405009?hash=item46380298d1&vxp=mtr . Haven't had a single problem with it at all, seems pretty bright and for the money you can't beat it.

Yes, Rigid has a "hyper spot" beam that will blow these out the water BUT your spending a lot of $$$$... Don't get me wrong if I had the money I would buy a Rigid or X!, why wouldn't I want the best... But since I don't have the cash these ebay bars will do just fine for me and work great so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on the T-Rex hood hinge mounts...they've released a version specifically for the 2014+ Silverado/Sierra so I'm hoping the great build quality has followed from the ones I got that didn't quite fit (not T-Rex's fault)

917fWa59PJL._SL1500_.jpg They are more expensive on Amazon ($134 vs $88) but I've pulled the trigger and they'll be here next week. I'll be selling the uninstalled 2500 brackets for less than I paid for them-shoot me a PM if interested.

Edited by TheTunaHunter

Just an update on the T-Rex hood hinge mounts...they've released a version specifically for the 2014+ Silverado/Sierra so I'm hoping the great build quality has followed from the ones I got that didn't quite fit (not T-Rex's fault)

917fWa59PJL._SL1500_.jpg They are more expensive on Amazon ($134 vs $88) but I've pulled the trigger and they'll be here next week. I'll be selling the uninstalled 2500 brackets for less than I paid for them-shoot me a PM if interested.

The ones you found on eBay, are they for a 1500? Only ones I've seen on eBay for $88 were for 2500 and 3500 trucks only and said they wouldn't fit a 1500.

How did the 2500 brackets fit? Not well I'm guessing since you are getting rid of them. Is there a possibility that one could modify them to fit better? If so I may be interested in them.

Edited by Mike1220

The ones you found on eBay, are they for a 1500? Only ones I've seen on eBay for $88 were for 2500 and 3500 trucks only and said they wouldn't fit a 1500.

How did the 2500 brackets fit? Not well I'm guessing since you are getting rid of them. Is there a possibility that one could modify them to fit better? If so I may be interested in them.

Check my post a few pages back, post #548. I did a small explanation of the brackets. I purchased both sets off Amazon. First set was $88 (p/n 6392121-BK) and I took a gamble that they'd work on my 2014 1500 - as you'll see in post #548- you could certainly could modify the 2500/3500 brackets and/or how you mount to make them work. Modifying was my original plan, I just happened to catch these cruising Amazon and don't want waste time when there's a model specific application (p/n 6392081-BK), I'm already wired up for them.

I think i may order that bracket for my 1500. Can you open the hood with it installed

One would hope so..... :D

Check my post a few pages back, post #548. I did a small explanation of the brackets. I purchased both sets off Amazon. First set was $88 (p/n 6392121-BK) and I took a gamble that they'd work on my 2014 1500 - as you'll see in post #548- you could certainly could modify the 2500/3500 brackets and/or how you mount to make them work. Modifying was my original plan, I just happened to catch these cruising Amazon and don't want waste time when there's a model specific application (p/n 6392081-BK), I'm already wired up for them.

One would hope so..... :D

Thanks, not exactly lining up like I'd hope it would and a tad more modifying than I feel to do Incase I ever have an issue with them, got a link to the 1500 mounts you found for $88? [emoji16]

Thanks, not exactly lining up like I'd hope it would and a tad more modifying than I feel to do Incase I ever have an issue with them, got a link to the 1500 mounts you found for $88? [emoji16]

Sorry for the confusion...2500/3500 brackets $88 on Amazon. 1500 brackets $134 on Amazon and just about everywhere else.

So after about 4 hours or so reading this thread I have some questions before I get to ordering goodies.

1. Will one of the combo spot and flood light bars mounted behind the grille of my Sierra sufficiently light the edges and down the line while out in the woods?

I'm not going to be going fast, just need a lot of light out there. I'm also not looking to mount several bars or pods all over the front if at all possible to achieve what I need. I'm looking for some input from some of you that have had these mounted for a while and have got some real world use out of them can give me. I don't plan to use the bar for anything else but off-road, so in town results don't matter as much to me, as it's a whole different ball game under a thick tree canopy in the woods. I also like the look of 20" bars above the license plate between the tow hooks some of you have mounted, but don't know how well they will hit the sides.

2. Would a curved bar be more efficient than a combo spot/flood flat bar?

I'm also wanting to do the wireless thing with the garage opener buttons to keep from drilling. I've noticed some have had theirs quit working.

3. What's the best recommendation for one of these wireless solutions?

4. Off topic, but can anyone point me to a thread or info for mounting something on the rear that won't require cutting into the bumper. I will search some more on this one tomorrow, but for now I've done way to much reading and need to finish watching the NBA finals lol.

Thanks for any input in advance.

-Skeet

Edited by SkeeterMcSkeet

Mike,

You've got a great looking truck. That hood mount light thing is way Jeepy

Edited by spurshot

Mike,

You've got a great looking truck. That hood mount light thing is way Jeepy

While I'll agree with you that it looks really Jeepy, i saw it the other day in person on an old jeep Cherokee (think it was a Cherokee, it wasn't the typical jeep though) and thought it looked really good. If I can get some brackets for cheap enough I'd like to at least give it a shot as id like them to add a bit more light to the high beams (mainly to help flash those people who drive around with HIDs in reflectors or other idiots) and hey, if I don't like it, then I'll sell them and keep the lights or sell them too