LED Front Light Bars & Pods

Replying to SKIDOONICK: (not sure what is happening with the reply with quote function)

I am very happy with the bar; it is a solid piece and weighs a lot more than I expected. Comes with brackets. The light output is ridiculous really, I just wanted a little extra exactly for the 2 lane country roads near my cabin and it does this without a doubt. I don't think the grill effects the light output much at all. I am going up to the cabin this weekend, I will see if I can grab a pic.

Replying to SKIDOONICK: (not sure what is happening with the reply with quote function)

I am very happy with the bar; it is a solid piece and weighs a lot more than I expected. Comes with brackets. The light output is ridiculous really, I just wanted a little extra exactly for the 2 lane country roads near my cabin and it does this without a doubt. I don't think the grill effects the light output much at all. I am going up to the cabin this weekend, I will see if I can grab a pic.

Ok great thanks! So if you are driving down the road, what would light up an object in the distance first; your LED bar or High Beams? I imagine the combo of High Beams + LED Bar is the best for distance.

I just ordered my light bar roof mount and led fog lights. To bad they will be at my house before I get back home.

I just ordered my light bar roof mount and led fog lights. To bad they will be at my house before I get back home.

• Like 1

I just got the T-rex bracket (P/N 639212) in this morning. I held them up to the hood hinges and noted the following (pics tomorrow)

1) The hole in the closest to windhshield lines up perfectly w/ T-Rex Bracket

2) The second hole used on the 1500's (at least mine) doesn't match up w/ T-Rex

3) There is a 3rd unused hole, fartherst from the windshield that matches up (Maybe 25/3500's skip the middle hole, heavier hood? ) theres no threading so I'll have to figure a fastener

4) No clearance /opening issues from what I can tell

**I will have to shim the T-Rex bracket where it meets the hood/hinge to make them sit level but I don't think I'll have any major issues.

**** You could alternatively cut down the T/Rex bracket and then just shim/space front hole, but I like the idea/stability of my plan.

Pics as promised:

1) T- Rex Bracket (p/n6392121) : so if you want you can go and measure on your truck for reference.

2)This picture shows how the holes line up (was tough to hold the bracket and snap the picture) To clarify - the bracket matches with hole closest to the windshield and the farthest/unused hole. It's a really crappy photo/angle, but they match perfectly!

3) Hood Clearance: This was tight because it was sitting on top the existing screws/hinge, should gain some clearance when installed, not overly concerned. Brackets are super solid, don't see any bouncing happening.

4)Alternate Mounting : For those worried about shimming the hood hinge, you can actually mount it to flat portion ,inside of the hinge, and still maintain clearance. I'm sticking to the hinges to keep the lights the tucked into corners

An update to this..... Finally had Mother Nature throw us a bone in the Northeast and got to installing these. Unfortunatelly they wont work in the factory hood location on the 2014+ 1500's. I'm most likely going to mount them inside of the hinges with some aftermarket hardware. Anyone have any suggestions about good self taping or other bolts/screws to use on the underside of the hood?

Also installed rigids new bracket and 4 srm2 rigid leds in the factory fog light location. Output is really bright and smooth. Cant ask for a better combo. 415bc681d686d40814d4128c1345b975.jpg

Was it a direct plug into the factory fog light or did you have to splice some wires together?

Sent from my ****in iPad