LED Front Light Bars & Pods

Question, has anyone tried tinting (either spray or film) the lens of their light bar? I want something very light, just to take the shine/glare off of the bar so that it isn't so noticeable... I have seen where people have put a light coating of Rust-Oleum Tint Spray (or the VHB version of the same) on their headlights, tail lights, etc. with varied levels of success. Obviously, I don't want to block much of the light, but with the brightness of these bars these days, I don't see how blocking out a little bit (5% transmission loss maybe) could really be a big deal....

Installing a 32" Curved light bar behind my grille this weekend and would like to try to tint it before I install it!

Has anyone out there tried this?

Use plasti dip. Clear matte that will take most the glare away but will not effect your light out put with a film

My Current Setup,2014 Silverado 2LT Z71,RCX 2.5 Level Kit,NittoTerra 33x12.50R20Lt's,Fuel - Octane D509 20x9 -12 Offset,All Chrome Plasti-Diped

My Up Coming Mod's,McGhauphy's 7"-9" Economy Lift Kit,Federal Couragia M/T's 35x12.50R20Lt's,OEM Tow Mirror's,Bushwaker OE Fender Flairs,Gtr Lighting Led Conversion Kit's 2,200 Lumen(High,Low,Fog),Black Spyder Venom Bull Bar,Iron Cross HD Step's.

Edited by 2014Sandylifted

• 2 weeks later...

Installed mine yesterday.

I used the wiring harness with the wireless remote off of eBay from this thread. This is a GREAT kit! I programmed the light bar into my homelink so it works perfect.

The light itself is very bright, and it mounted perfectly to the factory crossbars and centered almost like it was made for it.

This light off of amazon (it was around $100 shipped.)

Eyourlife 32" 180w Led Light Bar Flood/spot Combo Beam Off Road Bumper Roof

IMG_4642_zpsrro5os72.jpg

IMG_4643_zps2jic4tea.jpg

• Like 2

The wireless adapter that I had installed on my truck went to shit the other night :/. So it looks like I will have to hardwire it now.

Which wireless adapter did you have? I haven't installed mine yet but the kit from infiteoffroad says that the wireless receiver needs to be water proofed before installing. I plan on using some combination of plasti-dip/electrical tape/silicon on mine before I put it in.

Installed mine yesterday.

I used the wiring harness with the wireless remote off of eBay from this thread. This is a GREAT kit! I programmed the light bar into my homelink so it works perfect.

The light itself is very bright, and it mounted perfectly to the factory crossbars and centered almost like it was made for it.

This light off of amazon (it was around $100 shipped.)

Eyourlife 32" 180w Led Light Bar Flood/spot Combo Beam Off Road Bumper Roof

I've been looking at the Eyourlife bars for almost a year now. So you're happy with the bar?

In general, do these LED bars mounted behind the grill project light as far as the High Beams do? Do they light up objects in the distance before the High Beams do? Does mounting behind the grill lessen the width of the light beam? I would just hope the light still lights up the ditches on both sides of a 2 lane country road.

I have a pair of PIAA 525s which I plan on selling and then will buy a 30" LED bar. Sounds like the LED bar will be so much brighter than these PIAAs. The lumen rating is much higher on the LED bar to begin with.

Edited by SkiDooNick700

Love this: Do the back bumper lights sit flush? what did you use to cut out that bumper?

I used a Drexel tool with a metal cutting disk. Very easy. They do sit flush if you want them to, but I make custome grommets to make them point level instead of the ground. The natural slope of the rear bumper would cause them to Point to the ground if you don't angle them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by sealteem1

What bracket did you use for the fog lights and what fog lights did you use?

I used eBay pods. They costed me $80 for all four of them. The bracket is from Rigid Industries. I didn't see the Point in paying Rigid over $400 for the same lights. I have had both on previous vehicles and there is no difference. My cheap eBay lights have lasted just as long as Rigid's. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tape talk

Edited by sealteem1
  • Like 1

I used eBay pods. They costed me $80 for all four of them. The bracket is from Rigid Industries. I didn't see the Point in paying Rigid over $400 for the same lights. I have had both on previous vehicles and there is no difference. My cheap eBay lights have lasted just as long as Rigid's. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tape talk

so you were able to use the new 2014+ Silverado bracket that they say is only for SRM / SRQ lights? If so, then thats great news for the rest of the Silverado owners

so you were able to use the new 2014+ Silverado bracket that they say is only for SRM / SRQ lights? If so, then thats great news for the rest of the Silverado owners

Yes, I was able to. I had to do some minor tweaking on the plastic housing but it wasn't that hard at all. Hardest part was making them point in the same direction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1