LED Front Light Bars & Pods

I just don't know how I would wire it, easily.

Easiest option is to drill a hole in the roof and then seal the area around the wire with silicone or your choice of sealant.

Well everyone my wife just said she will get me a lightbar for my birthday. Going to get a roof mount. Now which brand light bar do you suggest besides rigid because they are Lil too pricey.

harborLED. They have some great bars and great prices. You can get a curved 55W w/ 3D lenses and Cree LEDs for $218 + shipping. I think it's rated at like 33,000 lumens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harborLED. They have some great bars and great prices. You can get a curved 55W w/ 3D lenses and Cree LEDs for $218 + shipping. I think it's rated at like 33,000 lumens.

Micky are they water proof like rigid

My Current Setup,2014 Silverado 2LT Z71,RCX 2.5 Level Kit,NittoTerra 33x12.50R20Lt's,Fuel - Octane D509 20x9 -12 Offset,All Chrome Plasti-Diped

My Up Coming Mod's,McGhauphy's 7"-9" Economy Lift Kit,Federal Couragia M/T's 35x12.50R20Lt's,OEM Tow Mirror's,Bushwaker OE Fender Flairs,Gtr Lighting Led Conversion Kit's 2,200 Lumen(High,Low,Fog),Black Spyder Venom Bull Bar,Iron Cross HD Step's.

Micky are they water proof like rigid

My Current Setup,2014 Silverado 2LT Z71,RCX 2.5 Level Kit,NittoTerra 33x12.50R20Lt's,Fuel - Octane D509 20x9 -12 Offset,All Chrome Plasti-Diped

My Up Coming Mod's,McGhauphy's 7"-9" Economy Lift Kit,Federal Couragia M/T's 35x12.50R20Lt's,OEM Tow Mirror's,Bushwaker OE Fender Flairs,Gtr Lighting Led Conversion Kit's 2,200 Lumen(High,Low,Fog),Black Spyder Venom Bull Bar,Iron Cross HD Step's.

Yes. You can even get them with 4D lenses and 5W Osram LEDs

The bars are rated at around 140 lumens per watt and every 10" of Bae length is 100 watts. So

10" = 100W bar

20" = 200W

Etc

Edited by Mike1220

IMG_15033.JPG

I think I'm going to give these a shot, so I'll let you know how it goes. I already have a set of LED pods/harness floating around the work bench , so worst case I'll just return the brackets. If they install clean and I'm dealing with a reflection I'll just wrap my hood flat black, can't be that expensive and have been thinking about it anyway. Thanks for everyone's input, really a plethora of knowledge on this sight!

did you do it yet? how'd it work out? pics?

• Like 1

did you do it yet? how'd it work out? pics?

I just got the T-rex bracket (P/N 639212) in this morning. I held them up to the hood hinges and noted the following (pics tomorrow)

1) The hole in the closest to windhshield lines up perfectly w/ T-Rex Bracket

2) The second hole used on the 1500's (at least mine) doesn't match up w/ T-Rex

3) There is a 3rd unused hole, fartherst from the windshield that matches up (Maybe 25/3500's skip the middle hole, heavier hood? ) theres no threading so I'll have to figure a fastener

4) No clearance /opening issues from what I can tell

**I will have to shim the T-Rex bracket where it meets the hood/hinge to make them sit level but I don't think I'll have any major issues.

**** You could alternatively cut down the T/Rex bracket and then just shim/space front hole, but I like the idea/stability of my plan.

Pics as promised:

1) T- Rex Bracket (p/n6392121) : so if you want you can go and measure on your truck for reference.

unnamed1

2)This picture shows how the holes line up (was tough to hold the bracket and snap the picture) To clarify - the bracket matches with hole closest to the windshield and the farthest/unused hole. It's a really crappy photo/angle, but they match perfectly!

unnamed2

3) Hood Clearance: This was tight because it was sitting on top the existing screws/hinge, should gain some clearance when installed, not overly concerned. Brackets are super solid, don't see any bouncing happening.

unnamed3

4)Alternate Mounting : For those worried about shimming the hood hinge, you can actually mount it to flat portion ,inside of the hinge, and still maintain clearance. I'm sticking to the hinges to keep the lights the tucked into corners

unnamed5

Edited by TheTunaHunter
  • Like 2

Question, has anyone tried tinting (either spray or film) the lens of their light bar? I want something very light, just to take the shine/glare off of the bar so that it isn't so noticeable... I have seen where people have put a light coating of Rust-Oleum Tint Spray (or the VHB version of the same) on their headlights, tail lights, etc. with varied levels of success. Obviously, I don't want to block much of the light, but with the brightness of these bars these days, I don't see how blocking out a little bit (5% transmission loss maybe) could really be a big deal....

Installing a 32" Curved light bar behind my grille this weekend and would like to try to tint it before I install it!

Has anyone out there tried this?

Question, has anyone tried tinting (either spray or film) the lens of their light bar? I want something very light, just to take the shine/glare off of the bar so that it isn't so noticeable... I have seen where people have put a light coating of Rust-Oleum Tint Spray (or the VHB version of the same) on their headlights, tail lights, etc. with varied levels of success. Obviously, I don't want to block much of the light, but with the brightness of these bars these days, I don't see how blocking out a little bit (5% transmission loss maybe) could really be a big deal....

Installing a 32" Curved light bar behind my grille this weekend and would like to try to tint it before I install it!

Has anyone out there tried this?

Not many films come as light as 95% VLT (so only 5% loss as you said) nor will it do much unless its more of a frosted type of film. If you really want to take away the shine on the bar, you could go in and paint the chrome black. Have seen it done before and even with Matte black it doesn't ruin the output that much. I know it does but from what I've seen its nothing extreme. You could even go ahead and spray it a high gloss black. The black would hide it behind your grille but the high gloss should help maximize performance like the chrome does