LED Front Light Bars & Pods

Just FYI, it'll interfere with the front license plate.

Here's how I did mine:

YXiQ6wI.jpg

Live in Oklahoma, so license plate wouldn't be an issue thankfully. I love your light bar set up, where/how you mounted your light bar by the grill? Is it a bracket that goes behind the grill or is it drilled into the bumper? I'd be happy with that setup too I think.

• Like 1

Live in Oklahoma, so license plate wouldn't be an issue thankfully. I love your light bar set up, where/how you mounted your light bar by the grill? Is it a bracket that goes behind the grill or is it drilled into the bumper? I'd be happy with that setup too I think.

I didn't realize that about license plates.

So that's a 42 inch curved bar. The two mounts use bolts in holes I drilled directly into the grill which happens to line up with one of the thick "posts" on the inside of the grill. Easy improvised installation.

I didn't realize that about license plates.

So that's a 42 inch curved bar. The two mounts use bolts in holes I drilled directly into the grill which happens to line up with one of the thick "posts" on the inside of the grill. Easy improvised installation.

That's simple enough. I found a mount on N-Fab that I kind of liked and also seen the same N-Fab set up on this thread after doing some digging. .

• 2 weeks later...

How did you secure it so low life's don't steal it

Its just bolted in through my front bumper cover in between the bumper and grille there and wired through like in between my headlight and grille kinda. The wire holds it pretty decent n so does the bolts but where i live thats not to big of worry..

That's a 50" curved? [emoji15] I thought only a 40" curved would sit there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n Yeah its a 50. it was supposed to go up above my windshield but didn't quite fit right with the brackets i had and so i was gonna send it back and we were messin around at the shop that night and held it up there as a joke, ended up looking just about right so mounted it and wired it in and it turned out pretty decent.

• Like 2

Its just bolted in through my front bumper cover in between the bumper and grille there and wired through like in between my headlight and grille kinda. The wire holds it pretty decent n so does the bolts but where i live thats not to big of worry..

n Yeah its a 50. it was supposed to go up above my windshield but didn't quite fit right with the brackets i had and so i was gonna send it back and we were messin around at the shop that night and held it up there as a joke, ended up looking just about right so mounted it and wired it in and it turned out pretty decent.

Plus now you won't have to deal with all that good glare! So win win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pulled off the bumper tonight, removed the plastic trim piece to expose underlying metal, and test fit my new light bar. Fits perfect and looks pretty sweet IMO. Plan on doing permanent mount/wiring this weekend. Pics of bumper & test fit attached.

I'm a little late to the light bar game, but I'm looking to do this on my 14 Sierra 1500. How did you remove the plastic piece in front of the metal? Did you cut it out or is there a way to do it without cutting?

There are two bolts in each front fender skirts and 4 plastic tabs to push out from underside. If you scroll thru posts someone did a great write up.

Edited by Toddfather

Anybody put a light bar over the windshield yet? I don't know why but I've been wanting one ever since I put mine behind the grill.

member PDV127 has a curved 55" above his shield. Not many members have put one on, or at least I haven't seem many with one. I am on the fence about getting one eventually myself