LED Front Light Bars & Pods

Do you drive with your fog lights on? I just installed mine today, and they are BRIGHT!

Just curious..

I drive with everything on when no one is around! Or when someone infront of my is driving like an a$$ haha.

But on a serious note, I don't usually drive with them on. They are too bright for normal use. This weekend I'm hoping to get a few minutes to try and see if I can't cover half the light with something to keep the light from shining upward too much so they could be used on road.

c7b9184e87d074a2a0847519948e491a.jpg2adf70cc7a819f74eb7001f060a6ecd1.jpgfe8d03754662c4906365b8607e8f9d33.jpgd9ede5e418727a082debce524508fd01.jpg

Sorry guys for the late pics. You will notice against the garage regular low beam and then the new D2 Rigids. Also pics of the truck. Just love the lights and how they work! Outstanding to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree 100%! I love mine! So glad I pulled the trigger to do this mod.

Thanks, I was wondering what to do as well. If they are driving lights, I would figure they could be used...

Not with how bright they are. Also I'm surprised at how far up they shine and not out to the sides. Wish I could turn the pods so instead of shining so high and low they would shine side to side.

Looks good.

Where's the best place to run your wiring from the bars and into the cab to mount the switch?

on the main harness feed into the cab beside brake booster the rubber grommet has a small tab cut the end off and your wire will feed in the cab tape your wires first I used blue so I could find it in all the black mass of wires

You have to add a circuit using a relay. The easiest way is to buy a wiring harness kit on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/...f399fa5&vxp=mtr

On the relay, you have four wires, one that goes to the battery, one that will do the ground, one for your LED bar and one for the switch and the signal wire.

4324-6324-185570.jpg

Personally, I never install switch, because must be drilled for the dashboard. Normally, I use existing channels, such as the original fuse for fog lights or the fuse for the highbeams with a fuse tap. Look at the map below the fuse box inside your hood to find one that will make your case.

06efc079-1931-4b04-84a8-f4cbf5fe3e31.JPG

The signal is used to tell when your circuit must pass power. So if you use your original fuse for foglights, it means that when your fog lights will be lit, your LED light bar too. You can also choose to turn your LED bar ON when you put your highbeams. If you want absolutely a switch, It's the same circuit.

For the GMC 2014, It's the # 49 for the fog lights and #58 for the highbeams.

ddsdase_zps677e632e.jpg

so the wire i have to my switch is made up of 3 wires (black, blue, white). To eliminate the switch and plug into my highbeam fuse with a fuse tap, do i join all three wires into that one fuse?

• Like 1

so the wire i have to my switch is made up of 3 wires (black, blue, white). To eliminate the switch and plug into my highbeam fuse with a fuse tap, do i join all three wires into that one fuse?

Not the black! The black is your ground and the fuse tap will put off a live power. So hooking all 3 to it will do nothing. The black will need to be grounded

Not the black! The black is your ground and the fuse tap will put off a live power. So hooking all 3 to it will do nothing. The black will need to be grounded.

so i just join the other two and ground the black?

Well what bar is it? I'm surprised it has 3 wires. Does is have a second color? Most bars only have 2 wires. Or at least all the bars I've had over the years have only had 2 wires.

Well what bar is it? I'm surprised it has 3 wires. Does is have a second color? Most bars only have 2 wires. Or at least all the bars I've had over the years have only had 2 wires.

i have the bar wired up to a relay that has wiring for a switch. The wiring to the switch is made of the three wires, i want to eliminate the switch and just tie the wiring into my high beam fuse.

i have the bar wired up to a relay that has wiring for a switch. The wiring to the switch is made of the three wires, i want to eliminate the switch and just tie the wiring into my high beam fuse.

Oh okay. Idk why i thought you meant the bar had 3 wires. My bad.

Just putting the white to power should be sufficient. That is usually the actual activating wire if I'm correct. The blue would be to power the light that is on your switch.

• Like 1

your blk needs to go to the relay white is your power so it will go on 30 and out on 87 back to your lights 85 will feed a signal to relay from your high beam fuse blue is usually a power feed to show on a light switch that the lights are on that one don't do anything with it

on the main harness feed into the cab beside brake booster the rubber grommet has a small tab cut the end off and your wire will feed in the cab tape your wires first I used blue so I could find it in all the black mass of wires

Thanks, I am going to do it this way. Hope the wires feed through the grommet tab ok and don't get lost in there somewhere on the way into the cab. Mike thanks for your info but I'd rather not do any drilling and messing around splicing in the console

I just installed my duallies in the foglights. Excellent mod and light output is great. I spliced directly into the factory fog wiring. I'm going to use the red light up rocker switch that came with the rigids duallies on my light bar harness and mount it beside the steering wheel where the tilt/telescope lever is, so I don't have to hack the dash or anything. Saw someone else on here do that and it looked clean and he said the switch fit tight