LED Front Light Bars & Pods

Got my rigid kit and D2s. Will install soon. Just curious about wiring. Would like to connect to stock wiring. Do I need anything to accomplish this or just tap into the stock wires? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think a relay off the battery triggered by stock fog socket/output would be safest bet.

Not sure if I follow? Sorry.

Are you saying I need a relay on the hot wire on the stock harness?

Not sure if I follow? Sorry.

Are you saying I need a relay on the hot wire on the stock harness?

Run a relay to the battery and then instead of hooking it up to a switch to activate it, hook it to the stock fog light plug

• Like 1

Installed the rest of my light bars. I now have one 20" in the center with two 7" ones on either side. Also originally had the 20" mounted on the bottom of the grille but decided to move them all up top. The light output is amazing!

7azaryny.jpg

Here is low beams only

re9ybura.jpg

Here is low beams with light bars

8a2eme6a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Edited by corwest
  • Like 1

Run a relay to the battery and then instead of hooking it up to a switch to activate it, hook it to the stock fog light plug

I cut the factory fog plug wire off and attached the Rigid connector - no relay, not separate hot wire - zero issues thus far.

This is sounding better all the time. My first choice is to install the D2s in a way that I could reinstall the stock fogs in case I change trucks.

I have also heard about a way for these fogs to work with high beams and low beams? Has anyone done this? Thanks

This is sounding better all the time. My first choice is to install the D2s in a way that I could reinstall the stock fogs in case I change trucks.

I have also heard about a way for these fogs to work with high beams and low beams? Has anyone done this? Thanks

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/162734-Foglights-On-With-High-Beams

Yes, mine are configured this way and it works great. You can't go back to factory unless you buy the OEM fog light cup due to cutting during installations.