LED Front Light Bars & Pods

The Baja Designs SII lights came today. One of the bennies of living less than 100 miles from the maker.

This little light is really tiny. But incredibly bright. 2160 lumens. I fired one up with some jury rigging. Amazingly bright for such a little package. These are the "wide cornering" lights with the Fresnel lens with a wide pattern like a true fog light should have.

DSC_7679_zpsd5041186.jpg

Edited by spurshot

The lights available today are incredible. I remember tooling around the California desert in a 67 VW with a 6volt system and two lights that you could hardly see past the bumper with.

Later we discovered K C Hilites. This little company was taking light airplane 12v sealed beam landing light bulbs and making housings for them to mount on off-road vehicles. 4 100 watt KC Hilites would ignite the night, but your alternator was working overtime and they died early. Wiring and switches carried full current. Wires were big gauge.

So this is one old guy that is amazed when a LED assembly with a few 1" reflectors drawing 1/4 of the current, puts out the same light as a 7" landing light.

Any pictures up close of the led bar mounted behind the grille (Silverado), I want to see the where the mounts actually bolt to the truck?

I plan on putting a 40" Double Row behind my grille but want to make sure I know exactly were to mount it before starting the project.

• Like 1

No I haven't. I was told anywhere from 7-3 all the way to 8-1 I should have it

Looks like we may have got taken. Bunch of negative feedback claiming scam on his feedback now. When I bought, he didn't have hardly anything negative. Now, he has a bunch of unhappy people it seems.

I use this switch on my current truck, using the high beam as the trigger, and will be using it on my new Denali once it comes in. Keeps everything under the hood.

http://www.autoswitch.com/as7.php

Mdmischief, where did you tap in to the high beam trigger wire? This looks like an amazingly clean way of turning the lights on. Thanks,