Hello. Is anyone having issues with the "air bag service light"? At 140 miles the abs sensor and bearing in the front passenger side went bad and the dealer had to replace it. The next 3700 miles with this truck were awesome but now I've been dealing with this air bag service light for the last 400 miles. I've already had the dealer look at it 3 times and they can't seem to fix it. The dealer inspected the wiring harness under the driver's seat and removed extra grease, then they replaced wiring harnesses, now they did some reprogramming and it's still acting up. There is nothing that triggers it, it just comes on when it wants to. I could be driving to the corner store and it comes on, stays on for about 10 - 15 seconds then it turns off. A mile down the road it comes back on for another 10 - 15 seconds then it turns off. I am beyond frustrated with this to say the least.

Any comments / suggestions / recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

post-124714-0-20774800-1381762096_thumb.jpeg

These trucks have six airbags and dozens of related components. It can be pretty much anything but based on their messing with the harness and de-greasing I'd bet some part is throwing a resistance error. If they've had the truck that many times I'd be asking to get GM involved.

• Like 1

My 2010 cobalt ss was a nightmare with the srs lights. It was always the little explosive thing in the passenger side seat belt tensioner that locks your belt if you crash. I replaced it 3 times and I payed for the last one as my warranty ran out. It was all over the cobalt forums and was well known to pop up. Anyways, I think there are quite a few gm cars out there now that have this issue with the passenger seat belt tensioner. It's not cheap to fix though when your warranty runs out, cost me 722 dollars installed. Ask the dealer to check the passenger seat belt tensioner and check the wires to see if the have been pinched or pulled (from being rotated).

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Mine did the same thing after taking it to the dealer 4 or 5 times and then replacing everything you mentioned above and even replaceing the whole airbag I contacted gm and as crazy as it sounds they replaced the back plate on the seat and I haven't had a problem since

• 6 years later...

2016 GMC Sierra. Air bag warning light was coming on and off for a while till finally it stays on constantly, Took it in to the dealership and the service manager diagnosed the problem before reading the fault codes. He said it was most likely the passenger side seatbelt harness issue.  Sure enough, when the technician checked it out he was right. He informed they have seen this many times. My question is if its that big of problem why hasn't GMC issued a recall.  

On 12/1/2014 at 11:13 AM, Wcantrell1883 said:

Mine did the same thing after taking it to the dealer 4 or 5 times and then replacing everything you mentioned above and even replaceing the whole airbag I contacted gm and as crazy as it sounds they replaced the back plate on the seat and I haven't had a problem since

My buddy is looking at this 2015 Sierra with the same airbag issue. The current owner's son messed with it last year before being parked for a year. We'll check those list when start working on it next week. Got to finish installing the brake pads and nitto tires on the Wrangler before we can clear the garage.