2014+ Leveling Kits

On 5/31/2018 at 8:51 PM, K_Ying said:

Evening!  New to the forum and back to the Sierra family.  Traded a ‘13 in on a car then decided we really needed a truck so ended up with a ‘15 SLE.  I noticed it had a leveling kit and doing some more looking, it has a thicker block in back and Rancho shocks.  I saw on a FB group that some came from factory with the bigger blocks in rear and  Rancho shocks but wasn’t sure if the front would have had the leveling kit?  Just trying to verify.

Thanks!  

All 2015+ 1500 4x4 trucks will have a 1.25" rear block, regardless of options/packages. And, the Z71 package gets Rancho shocks. If you post some pictures of the suspension, we can tell you if it has a leveling kit & larger blocks. 

18 hours ago, huntr1117 said:

They should. I'm about to install bilstein 5100s when I get some spare time. I'm done with the ranchos. Pretty sure 1 is out again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I hear the bilsteins are a great way to go!

7 hours ago, Big Whiskey said:

All 2015+ 1500 4x4 trucks will have a 1.25" rear block, regardless of options/packages. And, the Z71 package gets Rancho shocks. If you post some pictures of the suspension, we can tell you if it has a leveling kit & larger blocks. 

Thanks!  I know it is leveled in the front but wasn’t sure what was standard on back. Appreciate the insight. 

Finally threw on a 2” rough country level and some 275/60/20 Goodyear Duratrac tires. Quite happy. Debating on whether I may need to lower my headlights (HID’s) a bit now. Have others done so?

IMG_6301.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Aaron1085 said:

Finally threw on a 2” rough country level and some 275/60/20 Goodyear Duratrac tires. Quite happy. Debating on whether I may need to lower my headlights (HID’s) a bit now. Have others done so?

I leveled my '18 using Bilstein 5100 on the max setting (about 2") and my headlights were off a bit.  I parked next to my brother's '16 and aimed the lights on his garage door about 20ft away.  It only took like 1-1.5 turns of the adjustment screw to bring it back down.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Aaron1085 said:

IMG_6301.JPG

yes, i was blinding people for about a week before i decided too adjust mine...when i did, it was actually significantly better for me also...very simple to do...

IMG_6301.thumb.JPG.8ddee3f6e1175f6f39dffc65e366e3f8.JPG

Any rubbing?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I just washed my truck...so thought I would show off my 2" RC level [emoji3]
5b1e6d33a9468_truck3.thumb.jpg.bc2bc849947a3ca54e0dd2f2c685cd2d.jpg
Did you out the camper on first then level?

I want to lelel my truck but also eventually put on a camper top. Figured that the weight of the camper top will affect the rake so I fired I'd do that first?

30 minutes ago, cbtk18 said:

Did you out the camper on first then level?

I want to lelel my truck but also eventually put on a camper top. Figured that the weight of the camper top will affect the rake so I fired I'd do that first?

the suspension in these trucks are so much better than the previous model...the camper shell didn't have a noticeable impact...I leveled it first, then a few months later added the camper...

I think it looks good.  Too big of tires on a less than 4" lifted truck takes away from the lift IMO.

If it was mine I'd remove the lower valance.  I took my running boards off my 18 z71.  It just looks better and these trucks are so low running boards just aren't needed.  

Edited by Tyy1907