matte black on a grey truck or not

Hey everyone...i got a crazy idea the other night. What if i take all the chrome on my truck and make it matt black i would also add fender flairs to go with this ..of course black. of course i removed the cap so i could see that too.

take a look at my CRUDE!!! pic i made in paint..sorry at work i do not have any cool adobe here... but what do you think . Ford raptors do this and they dont look bad ..light grey and black. My wheels wont be as black..but might do a half black/chrome look on those. will it look too much like a work truck.

post-15662-0-26042000-1376333372_thumb.jpg

post-15662-0-15181600-1376333391_thumb.jpg

Do what you want, its your truck :thumbs: Maybe if you do that black chrome stuff on your wheels, it will probably look pretty good, kind of like you were talking about.

It will look more like a work truck, but it all depends on how YOU want it to look. It may look really badass. Just a chance you gotta take...

idk...all will take time. but maybe a set of mickey thompson classic beadlock..black and chrome rivits or some DC-1s from dick ceepeck wrapped in some 33"S , im thinking then ill add black tonneau or tool box and black exhaust tip. they make these smoke headlights too that i think will look pretty bad ass.

My grille (stock one) is already messed up...rain got to the chrome so i need to replace it anyway..just cant find any grey trucks on the web that have black on them like this besides the ford raptors...and some of the dodge boys do this too..

Don't they only make dc-2's now? I know, kinda off topic Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

yea as soon as you said that i had to look!. I dont get it they look the same to me. Maybe they use differnt coatings now. I remember them being hard wheels to get ahold of a while ago. On a side note i was looking at trucks online that are grey and black and came accross coast guard trucks. ...arrgg i dont want to look like a coat guard truck..lol no offense to coast gaurd besides they are fords just idk... true Ryanbabz71 i may have to do the whole plastic dip thing..forgot about that stuff. thats a perfect idea.

Difference is the center cap, and also the dc2's are black around the center cap but fade to chrome pretty fast. I also think the dc2's have a UV resistant clear coat on them

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

I like it when there are three colors. At least in my pickup Black, Chrome, and Grey. It is a personal preference though. The only chrome/machine face I have is on the bumpers and a small amount on the wheels. Take a look in the gallery if you would like there are only a few there. My truck is greystone I believe.

impressive photoshop skills haha.

I would not paint those rims black, i personally think that that wouldnt look good. that truck would look great with a rear 2 inch block and keys in the front.. with new rims of your choice and 33's

I like it when there are three colors. At least in my pickup Black, Chrome, and Grey. It is a personal preference though. The only chrome/machine face I have is on the bumpers and a small amount on the wheels. Take a look in the gallery if you would like there are only a few there. My truck is greystone I believe.

I actually like that ..think it looks cool with the leds you did behind the grille. I was thinking somthing along those lines as well but thinking taping into my drls and using white..kinda like the new acadia or like the highline suvs do. I may also keep my mouldings and paint them black or pasti dip them as well..mine are all crudded up. we will see

impressive photoshop skills haha.

I would not paint those rims black, i personally think that that wouldnt look good. that truck would look great with a rear 2 inch block and keys in the front.. with new rims of your choice and 33's

and yes i wont keep these wheels ..if i do i wont put them black..thats too much. i agree. And yes i am hell on MSpaint ..lol

Archived