I honestly don't know if my truck has an issue or not anymore. I do know I've been following this thread and paying super close attention to my ride and maybe I'm psyching myself out. I feel a very slight vibration in my steering wheel and seat that is constant at all speeds. I can't tell if it's normal road imperfections transmitting through the steering wheel and seat or if there's something really wrong. I do know that if I never saw this thread I probably never would have thought anything was out of the ordinary that's how subtle the vibration is. When I really felt it bad, I checked my tire pressure and they were at 40psi all around so taking them down to 35psi nearly eliminated what I was feeling in the steering wheel and seat.

Anyway I'm dropping it off at the dealership on Wednesday for the driver seat shifting issue and for them to fix a rust spot on the frame that they missed. I'll see what they find with the tires and everything. As long as the tires don't have any problems and all of the steering and suspensions components are fine, I don't think I'm going to worry about this issue any further because it is barely noticeable and I can't figure out if I'm chasing ghosts or not.

Strike one, all they did was rebalance the tires. Service writer was even doubting the balance would do it justice. Go back tomorrow morning to take the tech for a ride to show them exactly what I'm feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dropped it in neutral going home today to see if that affected anything and it didn't.

One thought I had is maybe tire flat spots or cupping from sitting too long on the dealer lot. The truck was built on September 2013 but i bought it in February 2014 with 33 miles on the odometer so I'm thinking it sat most of the time except for some occasional test drives. If it is related to the tires, that would also explain why adjusting the psi had an effect.

Could it be that maybe we feel more of the road with an electric power steering system versus hydraulic?

I would think that if adjusting tire pressure changed things, then tires are where the problem is. Temp and tire pressure changes my issue, and so did a balance. They're changing two tires out that road forced highly..so we'll see. This thread can definately get your mind going...so dont rea too much into things if you can avoid it. I will say that, these trucks are extremely rigid and telegraph every bump and road crack straight to the driver...so take that into consideration. The tech that I took on a drive felt my issue, and admitted that lately GM is asking drivers to just keep on driving to 10000 miles as they're hoping things soften up. He told me that's their offical word for several ride related issues. They pushed to get me two new tires....I'm really hoping they solve my problem.

Edited by MJFlores

Could it be that maybe we feel more of the road with an electric power steering system versus hydraulic?

I think that is part of it. The new electric power steering is less forgiving. It is like letting air out of the tires, that in itself does nothing for the vibration but the softer tires help absorb some of the vibration before it makes it to your hands.

I have test drove more 2014 vehicles than I have ever driven any year model. After you drive yours for a while you start questioning is this normal road vibration because it is so slight. It is just enough to be annoying. Every time I got in another vehicle it just made me harder in my resolve to get it fixed because it really is there.

and admitted that lately GM is asking drivers to just keep on driving to 10000 miles as they're hoping things soften up.

That's a laugh. Does anyone honestly believe that vibration problems will get better with time if left uncorrected?

Stiff ride and vibration are two totally unrelated issues. If I inflate my Chevy Sonic's tires to the recommended 38 psi, the ride is noticeably stiffer and harsher over bumps, but there is no vibration. At 32 psi things soften up quite a bit but again no shaking in the steering wheel or seats or anywhere else.

I have driven 3500 series dually pickups without load that rode quite stiff but there was no vibration that I could detect.

Edited by pm26
  • Like 1

That's a laugh. Does anyone honestly believe that vibration problems will get better with time if left uncorrected?

Stiff ride and vibration are two totally unrelated issues. If I inflate my Chevy Sonic's tires to the recommended 38 psi, the ride is noticeably stiffer and harsher over bumps, but there is no vibration. At 32 psi things soften up quite a bit but again no shaking in the steering wheel or seats or anywhere else.

I have driven 3500 series dually pickups without load that rode quite stiff but there was no vibration that I could detect.

I agree with this ^.

I would think that if adjusting tire pressure changed things, then tires are where the problem is. Temp and tire pressure changes my issue, and so did a balance. They're changing two tires out that road forced highly..so we'll see. This thread can definately get your mind going...so dont rea too much into things if you can avoid it. I will say that, these trucks are extremely rigid and telegraph every bump and road crack straight to the driver...so take that into consideration. The tech that I took on a drive felt my issue, and admitted that lately GM is asking drivers to just keep on driving to 10000 miles as they're hoping things soften up. He told me that's their offical word for several ride related issues. They pushed to get me two new tires....I'm really hoping they solve my problem.

Best keep in mind and many (if not all) lemon law cases must be filed within the first 12 months/12,000 miles...

Best keep in mind and many (if not all) lemon law cases must be filed within the first 12 months/12,000 miles...

Oh good call I guess there still was a catch with GM's response. So they'll tell people to just drive it longer, escape lemon law enforcement, and leave 2014 owners stranded while they undoubtedly address the issue in the 2015's.

Depends on state, however the first reported issue has to take place within the first year of ownership not your lemon law claim/suit.

In my state I don't recall seeing a mileage restriction other than the main lemon classifying issue must be reported with 12 months of purchase.

But a lot of states are different. Our is 4 times for the same problem or 30+ days in service within the first year.

For Canadian guys....I found this

"Your purchased or leased car must be of the current model year or within the previous four; it must have less than 160,000 km on it; you must be contesting a manufacturing defect or believe the manufacturer is not honouring the new-vehicle warranty; you must accept the arbitration’s outcome; your car must be a product of the participating manufacturers.

That’s interesting, that last point. The following companies don’t participate in the CAMVAP program: BMW, Mini, Mitsubishi, Ferrari and Lamborghini. It might be good for buyers to ask more about this when they go to purchase from those who choose to exclude themselves."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/car-life/so-the-car-you-bought-is-a-lemon-now-what/article11909550/

No problems with mine though - so far - about 7,000 KMS.

Tech couldn't feel the vibration, had me drive a similar truck on the lot - felt nothing but smoothness. Ordered a driveshaft for it (I'm doubtful after reading 90+ pages).

I feel like I'm repeating the same crap as everyone else, this should get interesting real quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a side note, this is not 90 pages of problems. It's 90 pages of communication about problems. Yes for sure an issue but I bet there really in only about 5 pages of actual problems. The rest is the I between communication.

Just the way I see it. I don't have any vibration issues and have 19k miles.

Just a side note, this is not 90 pages of problems. It's 90 pages of communication about problems. Yes for sure an issue but I bet there really in only about 5 pages of actual problems. The rest is the I between communication.

Just the way I see it. I don't have any vibration issues and have 19k miles.