It's frame beaming. There is a TSB out for older model trucks. If you put 300-500 Lbs in the bed does the vibration go away? Someone needs to post up the results!!!!! If so, it's frame beaming. That's the term I was looking for with my F250 45-50 mph vibration. Frame beaming. I'm betting that's the issue here. But on a 1500, consumer truck they should of fixed it on the new models at least. They knew about it on the old trucks, there was a very good well written TSB for it. I'd like to see the new '14 Silverado on the F150 25mph speed bump strip test they call silver lake or whatever. The test where the Tundra almost lost it's bed. I can say Toyota frames suck. my '09 Tacoma TRD off-road with C-channel frame twisted like crazy. but my 1994 4runner had a fully boxed frame and even with my 38's and straight axle conversion never twisted off-road. So we can all relax now, road force balance your tires and enjoy your bobbing frame. GM is never going to come out and say "the frames we make suck". And for the price GM is asking on the new '14's I may wait and see what the new F150 is priced at. At least with the F150 the only issue I'm aware of is the EB engine collecting water in the intercooler and some engine failures. but most people are not used to owning turbo engines either so between Ford's learning curve, 87 cheap gas and the average sick pack joe now owning a direct injecton twin turbo truck... it's going to be a train wreck.

It's frame beaming. There is a TSB out for older model trucks. If you put 300-500 Lbs in the bed does the vibration go away? Someone needs to post up the results!!!!! If so, it's frame beaming. That's the term I was looking for with my F250 45-50 mph vibration. Frame beaming. I'm betting that's the issue here. But on a 1500, consumer truck they should of fixed it on the new models at least. They knew about it on the old trucks, there was a very good well written TSB for it. I'd like to see the new '14 Silverado on the F150 25mph speed bump strip test they call silver lake or whatever. The test where the Tundra almost lost it's bed. I can say Toyota frames suck. my '09 Tacoma TRD off-road with C-channel frame twisted like crazy. but my 1994 4runner had a fully boxed frame and even with my 38's and straight axle conversion never twisted off-road. So we can all relax now, road force balance your tires and enjoy your bobbing frame. GM is never going to come out and say "the frames we make suck". And for the price GM is asking on the new '14's I may wait and see what the new F150 is priced at. At least with the F150 the only issue I'm aware of is the EB engine collecting water in the intercooler and some engine failures. but most people are not used to owning turbo engines either so between Ford's learning curve, 87 cheap gas and the average sick pack joe now owning a direct injecton twin turbo truck... it's going to be a train wreck.

Ford has cured the condensation problem in the intercoolers on the EB trucks. The restricted the air on the IC to raise the temp to stop the condensation. Older EB trucks being fitted with new shroud new trucks come with IC that has solved the issue.

Lets see. Toyota has c channel crap frame. Ford has EB engine problems. GM's shake and vibrate. Ram's need 16 plugs every 30k and still have questionable QC. I'm not sure WTF the right choice is here.

Smartcar? LOL

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Smart_car.jpg

Edited by gmissed

That's the thing there isn't a right choice really. They all have issues. At the end of the day it's a crap shoot of what you get. I always tell people to get the truck that fits their

Budget, has the features they're looking for, and overall feels good to drive.

That's the thing there isn't a right choice really. They all have issues. At the end of the day it's a crap shoot of what you get. I always tell people to get the truck that fits their

Budget, has the features they're looking for, and overall feels good to drive.

Pretty sad the big 3 1500's all have a Achilles heel. I saw a good video last night where they compared the front ends of the Tundra and the Silverado. The Tundra has much better approach angle and clearance.

It's sort of a sad comentary on humanity when we are forced to settle for crap. I mean, making a truck that doesn't vibrate and shimy on the highway is a major hurdle these days? And correcting one that does is an impossible feat? I mean...WOW.

Has anyone just said "screw it" and went and bought new tires...good ones? Different than the dealer stocked ones? From a shop not affiliated with GM. How did that work out? I'm honestly thinking about taking mine off and just buying new Nittos but dont want to give them any ammo to point fingers at if it doesn't fix it and I have to go to the dealer for MANY visits.

Edited by MJFlores

It's sort of a sad comentary on humanity when we are forced to settle for crap. I mean, making a truck that doesn't vibrate and shimy on the highway is a major hurdle these days? And correcting one that does is an impossible feat? I mean...WOW.

Has anyone just said "screw it" and went and bought new tires...good ones? Different than the dealer stocked ones? From a shop not affiliated with GM. How did that work out? I'm honestly thinking about taking mine off and just buying new Nittos but dont want to give them any ammo to point fingers at if it doesn't fix it and I have to go to the dealer for MANY visits.

Some people have switched tires and in some cases it fixed their problem and in other cases it did not. There seems to be 2 types of issues going on this thread. One is vibration related to bad tires and the other one is a worse vibration that GM hasn't been able to figure out. But not everyone has the issue meaning it's not a design problem in my opinion, it's a build problem on certain trucks. Or a bad batch of parts maybe on certain trucks.

Edited by Silverado-Hareek

Pretty sad the big 3 1500's all have a Achilles heel. I saw a good video last night where they compared the front ends of the Tundra and the Silverado. The Tundra has much better approach angle and clearance.

Yeah but at one time Tundra's were snapping in half because of rusting frames and during that time period Chevy and Ford didn't really have any major issues. Again it varies between manufacturers and with time. The best we can do is just stay informed as best we can and make educated decisions. One thing I don't like about the Tundra is it has a larger and bulkier exterior, yet has less room on the interior than a Silverado. Comparing front ends? I mean we could isolate certain characteristics of all trucks and find pluses and minuses across the board. The F150 has higher bed rails and bulkier exterior than a Silverado, yet it has the exact same ground clearance for offroad driving. Just another example of isolated comparisons. I really think, in my opinion, it's best to compare price, features, and overall driving feel when deciding.

Edited by Silverado-Hareek

I did, but this was with a vibration issue on my 2013 and after 5 sets of tires between the dealer and I, it wasn't tires. They put me in a new 2014 which i test drove it for a week to make sure it didn't have the dreaded vibration and it didn't. Now it has a little vibration between 71-78mph, not sure whether its tires or not.

Michelin has a 30 day ride promise guarantee right now, that if for any reason you don't like the tires you can bring them back to the tire shop for a full refund. Might be a good way to "rent" some tires and if it cures i, great, if not, take them back.

You can't compare a 2014 to a 2006. The bugs were 90% worked out of the GMT800s in the end. The bugs for the K2 are just being discovered for the next few years. These problems come standard with first year model trucks and can be expected. So should a fix be expected too.

Not trying to pick a fight but it's guys like you that make this acceptable from companies. Why should this be expected? Why can't they get it right the first time? My job changes all the time and with each change I can not screw up or someone will die no joke I drop bombs for a living. If I can do it I would think a company that has been doing this for years should be held to the same standard as I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

• Like 1

I had the dealer put Nitto Terra Grapplers on as part of the deal. Yes they try and point at the tires first to get out of doing anything. You have to push the issue to get them past it, make them prove your tires are bad. So we switched my tires to a borrowed truck. That truck drove super smooth.

After much investigation they put a new rear end in. I still have a vibration that starts about 43 mph.

We put a borrowed set of tires and rims, the vibration is there regardless of tires.

The vibration at 40-50 mph isn't a tire issue.