If you have 20" tires, I'd just keep asking the dealer to rebalance. You could also ask to try a set of 17" or 18" tires to compare. Or put your tires on another vehicle to narrow down the source of the problem.

Did it, did it and did it.

I have done all this and more. At this point I do not think the vibration many describe is a tire issue. There may be a few that are but many not.

However from your description I would think yours is an issue with the tires since it just started.

I am sure other manufactures are having problems.

Statistics can be bent and shaped to say whatever point you want to make though.

Here are my statistics; 3 of the 7 2014's I have been in have the vibration issue. That would be 42% of the chevy half ton trucks.

Looking over the ill fitting rear door issues GMC and Chevy has, on the dealers lot we found about 30% of the trucks have issues.

And how does that compare to your fleet of Ford, Ram, Toyota trucks and your survey of their trucks on tose OEM lots?

Again, I'm not saying GM doesn't have problems, just that others have the same or worse.

And how does that compare to your fleet of Ford, Ram, Toyota trucks and your survey of their trucks on tose OEM lots?

Again, I'm not saying GM doesn't have problems, just that others have the same or worse.

Since we have two new Fords at work and 1 has a bad vibration in the rear end I would say 50% of the Fords are bad.

But here is the statistic that bothers me the most. Of the 7 new Chevy's I have owned in the last 30 years, 100% of the 2014's I have owned have issues I would consider major. 0% of all my older Chevy's had major issues during warranty. That is the statistic that gets me wondering if the new GM is living on and milking the old GM's reputation.

There was a tsb for under torqued pinion gear nut, could it be this issue has not completly gone away after all this nut would be fastened by a nut runner tool these days! If the tools readings showed good torque, but no counter quality check or recalibration of tool was done then you could have a batch or range of under torqued parts.

DC tools are great for accuracy, as long as critical fasteners are tested manualy aginst the tools readings.

After all a tools readings are digitaly achieved by the ability to reach torque, angle, and run out.

If someone can locate that TSB or equivalent document for the date issued or the "range affected"

Tires are only part of the problem for most of us. I feel that tires may have helped some, but there is a secondary issue for most folks here at play.

Thxs

• Like 1

I notice my vibe more at around 70 to 80 km. Gm is going to lose on these trucks. Ram will be # 2 in no time if gm keeps this up.my geuss is that they will be next to giving these away soon. After all you can really call them government motors!

Edited by 2014bluesle4x4DC

Just an update from this am. I just drove about 24 miles, mostly highway. I brought the truck up to 70 and set the crusie control the whole way and the truck drove very nice. Yeserday was not the case however. It was much warmer yesterday than this am, and I really never started being bothered by vibration until the warmer weather started hitting (I bought my truck at the begining of Feb). Could warmer temps have somehting to do with these vibration issues or no?

I have seen problems with tires that had a loose steel belt. The longer you drove and the warmer it was outside, the hotter the tires got and the worse the vibration got. So yes, there could be a correlation here between ambient temperature, length and speed of driving, and vibration.

I notice my vibe more at around 70 to 80 km. Gm is going to lose on these trucks. Ram will be # 2 in no time if gm keeps this up.my geuss is that they will be next to giving these away soon. After all you can really call them government motors!

Hey neighbor I live near alliston, I guess we have something in common both have vibration in our trucks.

That is where I have it also.

Thxs

Mine will be going in next week to get checked out. Vibrates from 55-65mph. Smooths out until 77mph. I spoke with the dealership and they've had no one complain about vibrations. We'll see what happens. They better get it right or I'll be going elswhere to buy my CTSV Wagon.

Add me to the list. 2014 Silverado LTZ Doublecab 4x4, GoodYears. Took the highway on the way home from the dealership upon purchasing it and immediately had a bad vibration. Brought it back the next day. They kept it for 2 days. Replaced 1 "bad" tire. On the ride home, I noticed the vibration was much less but not fixed. Brought it back 2 days later. They had it a few more days. They said they replaced the axle. Did not fix it. The truck has an annoying vibration mainly in the 40-50 mph range. It does have vibration in other ranges but I can deal with that. This is my 6th consecutive new GM truck and most likely my last. This truck is the WORST driving truck I have ever owned!!!

Gm will be getting there next truck right because they have murged with ford to make them.

Add me to the list. 2014 Silverado LTZ Doublecab 4x4, GoodYears. Took the highway on the way home from the dealership upon purchasing it and immediately had a bad vibration. Brought it back the next day. They kept it for 2 days. Replaced 1 "bad" tire. On the ride home, I noticed the vibration was much less but not fixed. Brought it back 2 days later. They had it a few more days. They said they replaced the axle. Did not fix it. The truck has an annoying vibration mainly in the 40-50 mph range. It does have vibration in other ranges but I can deal with that. This is my 6th consecutive new GM truck and most likely my last. This truck is the WORST driving truck I have ever owned!!!

If you cant beat them, then join them! Take a look at nissan, with there titan truck. Not saying that is anything special, but when dodge took them for a ride with a partnership that went down the drain. They didnt rush a new pick up, to keep in line with the other auto makers. They are waiting untill they can get it right! I will be very intrested to see the new titan with the 5.0 liter V8 cummins diesel. That will be a mean truck!