Exactly, what is everyone going to do when new tires are needed? The real problem is not tires.....yes ou can have tires that make your ride vibrate, but I bet any tires they throw at this truck design will still shake!

Removing the truck's tires, and placing the truck on jack stands by means of the axle supports should duplicate this issue at its known problem speed. Rhythmic energy issues can be duplicated, just need to create the conditions, so a good perfectly "balanced" tire may help mask these vibrations until the next tire change.

Testing should include steel, rubber, and energy absorbing components clamped to frame and cabin. This can be preformed by use of "c-clamps" and placed within 6-8" of cabin, frame, engine mount areas.

This should change your truck's Rhythmic energy being released.

Good luck with your truck.

2016 Silverado crew cab ltz with factory Denali style 22 Bridgestone dueler at tires

post-160777-0-43147300-1492346320_thumb.jpg

-Mild vibrations at any speed. I can only recognize this vibration due to the shaking of things in my door storage or the rattling of my garage door opener that clips to my visor. Yes I never programmed my garage opener.

-Vibrations when I reach 70+. This vibration varies based on road surface and I also believe wind seems to affect it as well. This is the vibration that has caused me the most concern.

First, I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to share so much valuable information. I have always noticed the mild vibration on my truck, but it wasn't until two days ago while on a 10 hour road trip I realize the severity of the high speed vibration. I always assumed it was all related to my choose of all terrain tires. I also assumed I was in need of wheel balancing. I took my truck into the dealer for an oil change and wheel balancing 2 days befor my trip.

So while on my 10 hour journey it became very clear that the wheel balancing had no effect and my truck was still vibrating. My wife also started asking me what's wrong with my truck. I never discussed the vibration so she was completely unbias.

Most of the time the vibration is a slight anoiance, but on some surfaces its absolutely horrible. It feels like you are driving a 20 year old truck.

So I went online and I came across this forum and I have spent the past two days reading everyone's post. I have owned over 30 cars and trucks in my life, let's say I have a car addiction. I have never driven anything that rides so bad at the speeds of 70 mph. The ironic thing is this is my first new vehicle. I have owned work vans with 250k that road as smooth as glass, chevy express by the way. I have always purchased high mill age vehicles in the past, 90k and up.

I'm so upset after reading everyone's post. It's clear to me that after 3 years GM either doesn't have a fix or the fix is to expensive. I love my truck, this is the first vehicle that I picked every single color, option, etc, This truck is so sweet, but I need my truck to pull my tool trailer for work. I think I will started the process of trying to get out of this truck and into something else. I don't have the time to back and forth with the dealer, but I refuse to pay 40k for a truck that rides like shit on the highway. Thanks again to everyone for providing me the information to make an informed decision. I wish everyone luck, and I will let everyone know what actions I take to get out of this truck.

I also think it would be helpful if everyone gave a good description of there truck, wheels and tire, and the issues they are having.

Thanks, by looking at the pic, appears to me to be a fairly generic gadget. Wondering if it would work on a GM product?

Sounds like the GM techs need to put these trucks on a 4-post lift, remove wheels, then run the drivetrain through the various speed ranges. If vibration still persists, then the wheels and tires can be ruled out as cause of vibration.

I have done this exact thing. Still vibrated at the same speed as it does when driving down the road.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Haven't posted on this topic since September so here it is: Removed Flowmaster exhaust, removed 20" Denali wheels, replaced with stock 18's on Shi*ty Good Years. Vibration still there. Installed 2" drop shackles on rear vibration decreased some but still there. Going for rear sway bar kit next. Should be in this week will install and update. Also a small footnote, after removing aftermarket exhaust and wheel combo as dealer said still had the problem. I put the 20's with the bfg all terrain t/a's on my burban and no vibration, so its not the wheel tire combo. I would really like to run the 20" wheels but it looks like a no go. I am also having the pinion checked for preload after reading up on that some, as well as entertaining the thought of replacing axles and drive shaft to a steel 2 piece. Sounds like a parts replacement marathon right?

Dealer update: When I went through rounds 1,2, and 3 with the incompetent dealer service department they voided the warranty on my truck because of the aftermarket exhaust, wheels, and tires, they even went so far as to have GM customer service notify me of this as well. these as*holes really didn't want to fix my truck.

GM has such a great opportunity to learn from the work/testing done by people like you and so many others responding to this subject, it's a shame they void your warranty rather than contacting your and working with you to help solve this vibration issue. Shame on GM!

Haven't posted on this topic since September so here it is: Removed Flowmaster exhaust, removed 20" Denali wheels, replaced with stock 18's on Shi*ty Good Years. Vibration still there. Installed 2" drop shackles on rear vibration decreased some but still there. Going for rear sway bar kit next. Should be in this week will install and update. Also a small footnote, after removing aftermarket exhaust and wheel combo as dealer said still had the problem. I put the 20's with the bfg all terrain t/a's on my burban and no vibration, so its not the wheel tire combo. I would really like to run the 20" wheels but it looks like a no go. I am also having the pinion checked for preload after reading up on that some, as well as entertaining the thought of replacing axles and drive shaft to a steel 2 piece. Sounds like a parts replacement marathon right?

Dealer update: When I went through rounds 1,2, and 3 with the incompetent dealer service department they voided the warranty on my truck because of the aftermarket exhaust, wheels, and tires, they even went so far as to have GM customer service notify me of this as well. these as*holes really didn't want to fix my truck.

I have a Hellwig rear sway bar and my truck still vibrates. Corners and tracks better when accelerating but that's about it. And they can't just cancel your warranty over aftermarket wheels, tires and exhaust. Please Google Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act. They have to prove these mods are the direct cause of your issue. Also judging by this thread and others spanning SUV models on this truck platform, GM can only try to deny service. Edited by Severado
  • Like 1

After putting ajustable Bilsteins and load range E tires on my truck the vibes went away maybe 80% of the time. So then I started messing with air pressure on the tires. They are a good sized all terrain tire with max pressure of 80psi. I originally had them set at 50. Now I dropped them to 40psi and it rides very well. Much better than stock and vibe is 99% gone. Only time I feel it slightly is when going up or down inclines overpasses etc. Don't know if this helps anyone but thought I'd chime in

What is going to happen when we need new tires from wear out . Do you suppose the local tire shop is going to let us try 14 sets of tires claiming they all make our truck vibrate ? LOL.

I have said this before, buy from the dealership who sold the vehicle... The dealer would then take the burden of finding a matched set, if bought outside of their doors they will make you work with the tire store who will just tell you FU

After putting ajustable Bilsteins and load range E tires on my truck the vibes went away maybe 80% of the time. So then I started messing with air pressure on the tires. They are a good sized all terrain tire with max pressure of 80psi. I originally had them set at 50. Now I dropped them to 40psi and it rides very well. Much better than stock and vibe is 99% gone. Only time I feel it slightly is when going up or down inclines overpasses etc. Don't know if this helps anyone but thought I'd chime in

Running LT tires at 40 psi can be dangerous because it is too low of a pressure and heat can build up which in turn could cause a blow out. Most of time when going from a P rated tire to a LT tire about 45 psi is what will carry the same load as a P rated tire at 35 psi. Also the max psi of 80 does not mean much for a half ton truck, the only people who would need to come close to that PSI is a 3/4 or ton truck carrying a heavy load and/or towing a heavy load.