Sorry to hear that, but you are in luck. There is a new guy who says he knows what is causing it, but he's not telling us what it is. Maybe if you feed him he will tell us, I think he likes these

humboggl.jpg

• Like 1

Add me to the list!! 2017 GMC Sierra SLT All Terrain 6.2 CCSB. This is horrible! Starts at 65mph and gets really bad at 75! At the dealer for the second time. First time they balanced the tires now I'm getting nervous! Only 800 miles on the clock!

2018s will be out in a few months. Just trade it in on a new 2018 and keep your fingers crossed!

No, I really do not mean it, but this problem will not be fixed as long as you people keep buying these vehicles.

• Like 2

So I have been following this thread for awhile now. I have a 2016 Sierra SLT AllTerrainX with the 5.3L 8-speed with just over 1500 miles. No vibration issues (knock on wood).

So just from what I have read, this seems to be the list of stuff to look for:

- balance of tires

- replacing the torque converter

- replacing or balancing the driveshaft

- checking the preload on the rear axle pinion nut (backlash?)

Edited by AllTerrainX

2018s will be out in a few months. Just trade it in on a new 2018 and keep your fingers crossed!

No, I really do not mean it, but this problem will not be fixed as long as you people keep buying these vehicles.

Yup, get a 2018, I heard on the internet they are fine lol

Would anyone be silly enough to do that ??? I bet someone will and they will be right back here when it hits 800 miles and it starts vibrating :ughdance:

Sorry to hear that, but you are in luck. There is a new guy who says he knows what is causing it, but he's not telling us what it is. Maybe if you feed him he will tell us, I think he likes these

humboggl.jpg

Yea not looking forward to this ordeal. Started a case with GM cust service, but just got word from servicing dealer the tires were out of balance. Funny how this is the second time for a tire balance. This time they were road force balanced. I'll pick it up tomorrow and check it out.

At 800 miles on the odometer I wok not go away and I will not accept the drive it 3000 miles excuse.

Came back to a GM out of a Ford Ecoboost and NOT impressed with this chapter of GM.

Here's Ford's solution to a shaking truck-- a damper that you bolt directly to the frame. Obviously just a band aid, but I'd be happy with that at this point:

OEM 2006 Ford F-150 Frame Damper Kit Vibration 6L3Z5D008B 6L3Z-5D008-B

http://m.ebay.com/itm/191972089076?_mwBanner=1

After three trips to the local Chev dealer, the focus of which was to place the blame solely on the wheels, I took my truck to same owners larger store about 30 minutes away. My truck (2016 CCLB 6.2) vibrated from day one, but I figured it was the tires, which I swapped out after two weeks of ownership. Now I've got the aftermarket wheels, which they are placing the blame on, so I kind of screwed myself by changing out the stock wheels, and of course selling them right away (By the way, the guys at Discount Tire have been fantastic-- they've done RFB for no charge, and switched out the original Michelin LT's with P rated tires).

I asked the second dealer if they could check runout on driveshaft and wheel flanges, check pinion angle, and anything else.

Picked the truck up, they said they ran all the tests and it was within spec (providing no details what "within spec" meant, or exactly what tests they ran). The service guy wasn't in when I picked it up at 5:30, so I wasn't able to ask questions.

The service report did say they ran the Pico scope on it, and it showed a minor (within spec of course) 10Hz vibration, which is evidently first order and relates to a wheel issue (so they say). Since the wheel is attached to the axle, which is attached to the ring gear, which all rotate at the same speed, seems this vibration could be sourced from any of these components?

Since I've installed the P rated Michelins, the vibration does seem better, but it's intermittent as well, which makes it all the more frustrating.

This has been the most dismal,worthless, time-wasting customer service experience I've ever had.

At this point, I'm thinking I'm going to have to take ownership of this issue and try the leaf spring clamp fix. Evidently the Sulastic shackles don't help.

Any other ideas???

Thursday morning will be getting windshield replaced , I want to see the welds on the truck when the guy pulls the panels off

Yes, they often disassemble the entire truck to replace the windshield.

bocandarblechaisebarga.jpg

Update: Picked up the truck yesterday from servicing dealership. They tell me they road force balanced the tires because selling dealership didnt do it right. I take it on the highway and vibration is immediately felt, although less violent it was still felt with the addition of a buzzing feeling in the gas pedal. I turn around and take it back, I ask if they check all the bulletins and they tell me yes. Long story short truck is back at the dealership and they are still pointing to the tires. (they did take a lot of weight) I requested Michelins if they replace the CRAPyears.

Im not convinced its tires but it is speed related and not RPM related.

Started a case with GM Cust Service but for some reason they say they have to contact Selling Dealership even though the truck is in a different state!

Update: Picked up the truck yesterday from servicing dealership. They tell me they road force balanced the tires because selling dealership didnt do it right. I take it on the highway and vibration is immediately felt, although less violent it was still felt with the addition of a buzzing feeling in the gas pedal. I turn around and take it back, I ask if they check all the bulletins and they tell me yes. Long story short truck is back at the dealership and they are still pointing to the tires. (they did take a lot of weight) I requested Michelins if they replace the CRAPyears.

Im not convinced its tires but it is speed related and not RPM related.

Started a case with GM Cust Service but for some reason they say they have to contact Selling Dealership even though the truck is in a different state!

I sure hope that dealership isn't telling you that the wheel weights have anything to do with the Road Force measurements. If the are, then they are completely incompetent and will not be able to get the wheel/tires assemblies correct.

Road Force and mass balancing are two completely different issues and high Road Force cannot be corrected with wheel weights. If the wheel/tire has high Road Force numbers, that is caused by wheel runout, tire runout, or tire non-uniformity or any combination of the three. (Non-uniformity is variation in the stiffness of the tire tread and/or sidewall around the circumference of the tire). The only chance to correct Road Force is to re-index the wheel to the tire to cancel out Runout in the wheel and the tire. But guess what,mthatbonly works if both the wheel and the tire have some runout. If only one has,my our are SCREWED - cannot fix the Road Force variation numbers. Need to replace the offending component. And , if the hig Road Force variation numbers are caused by tire non-uniformity, you might be able to counter-act some of it with reindexing to the wheel but again, only if the wheel,has some runout. If it s true, need a new tire!

So , I think these dealers are screwing with us when they say they correctly the Road Force. I don't believe it. They are either full of crap or the technicians don't have a clue how to run the machine and are making it up smother don't look incompetent and get fired! And don't forget, GM is paying them flat rate to do this, so home much time do you think they really spend fine tuning these tires? Ha!

Lastly, after the assembly has been Road Force checked and adjusted as best as possible, a separate step is to do the traditional dynamic weight balance. That's where wheel weights get used.

I emailed the CEO of gm and received a call the next morning from the executive office. My main bitch is I received a VA auto grant worth 21k and had 12k in trade in equity. The VA grant is a one time use and I used it on a dud. I shoulda got the SS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Kickapoo