Shakin Chevy...... Still no reply from GM or the dealer after filing a claim with GM over a month ago. New 2014 Chevy Silverado shaking worst than ever. I have owned over 10 new chevy vehicles but I have to say this will be my last mistake with them.

I bet GM knows exactly where the problem is. It is a combination of cheap parts, crappy assembly and lack of quality control. Whereas some vibration problems may be caused directly by marginal tires, others are caused by improperly assembled transmissions, rear axle assemblies, badly balanced or welded driveshafts, and in some cases combination of all of those. If you let the quality go for the sake of profits, the recovery will be very painful.

I came to this conclusion after reading all these posts - it seems that dealers are desperately trying to replace parts that were proven to be defective on some other truck as a potential fix. there appears to be no single source of these problems, although the largest number of complaints can probably be solved with good tires.

Edited by pm26

Well GM decided to do nothing and not help me out. So sorry guys and F you after 30+ years of nothing but General I have gone to the dark side. But hey it's smooth. 4e5uma9e.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After 8 months and 15,400 miles and countless calls and visits to the dealer I too went to the dark side

Update on mine... I thought the new tires solved my vibration issue until I drove 500 miles on the highway to Savannah last weekend. Around town here the roads are kind of shitty so as we got up to speed, the vibrations felt more like the road... well we were wrong... The dealer is working with me though.

What we've done so far is:

-Replaced 2 tires that were road forced at 40 and 36. (Big improvement)

-Rebalanced the tires like 5 times, took a set of 18's off another brand new truck and it felt worse with the smaller wheels.(Put my wheels and tires back on and it got better).

-Took a driveshaft off a brand new truck and it seemed to get better but it was still noticeable at highway speeds (75+).

-The next step is to take the new driveshaft they ordered for the truck they took this one out of and put the new one in mine and go for a ride.

-The tech said the next step would be to open up the rear end and take a look.. He's just as stumped as the rest of us.. he said he's going to call GM if the new shaft which has a new part # now doesn't fix it.

I was towing my boat the other day and when you really step on the gas to get going, the whole truck shakes starting in the rear and moves up the drive train until you feel it in the wheel.. so I unhooked the boat and stepped on the gas without it and the same vibration was there from a stop. It seems like something is off in the rear end IMO. I'm usually really light on the pedal but I had to merge in a hurry this past Sunday and that's when I noticed this...

It seems to me like I had 3 problems.. the 2 bad Goodyear ls2 tires, the driveshaft, and the rear end or transfer case possibly? Wish me luck..

Edited by 20Bowtie14

Good luck! My GM rep just said there's nothing else they can do!!! F@&K GM! I will bash them forever and NEVER buy another product of theirs

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

How far did they go on yours?

Been through tires and rebalances etc. I'm done with done. I'm going now to try to trade it in on a ford

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Co worker got a new ford just after I got my High Country. After much arguing with Ford service they are now changing his transmission to correct the nasty vibration it has. Changing to a Ford doesn't seem to be the answer to me.

My High Country gets a new rear end tomorrow.

3 sets of GY tires. And now a set of Michelin. No change in vibration. It is only between 75-85. Intermittent and you only feel it if you place your hand on the passenger seat. Service manager says the GMs answer is "truck is operating as designed" then goes on to say "not saying you have to like how it operates but that's all we have right now". I say it is a conspiracy to get people to drive under 75 to save fuel.

Let us know how the new rear end works out in that High Country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Co worker got a new ford just after I got my High Country. After much arguing with Ford service they are now changing his transmission to correct the nasty vibration it has. Changing to a Ford doesn't seem to be the answer to me.

My High Country gets a new rear end tomorrow.

My truck is @ the shop now. They're putting in the new (2nd) shaft which has a new part # and if that don't work, the rear end is next on the list they said.

3 sets of GY tires. And now a set of Michelin. No change in vibration. It is only between 75-85. Intermittent and you only feel it if you place your hand on the passenger seat. Service manager says the GMs answer is "truck is operating as designed" then goes on to say "not saying you have to like how it operates but that's all we have right now". I say it is a conspiracy to get people to drive under 75 to save fuel.

Let us know how the new rear end works out in that High Country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly how mine was but the whole center console would shake. Try flooring it and see if you feel it in the rear end as well. Its BS that they say its normal BC I've driven 3 other crews and 2 of the 3 were perfect.

I haven't posted in a while but have been following posts I have 2014 crew slt had the dreaded vibration but has been corrected. After reading I agree there might be different problems with theses truck, but I thought I would explain how mine was corrected. We started with the balancing of the tires though the dealership with no luck. Got gm involved had gm engineer come to dealership with a vibration analyzer changed tires from tucks on the lot look at drive shaft etc...spent six hours on it came to the conclusion that the ring and pinion lash was out of spec. Gm engineer told me that they are going to put a complete rear end in my truck as the company American axal corp had trouble keeping up with production of these trucks. Had rear end installed all of the lower speed vibration was gone but still had some vibration at the higher speeds. I them took my truck to a tire shop to have the tires rebalanced with road force machine. Gm engineer told me that the spec.is 18 but trucks ride better with 14 or below I found my left front tire had a reading of 22 we did what is called a quick match where you break down tire and turn tire on rim to where machine tells you, then balance again came down to a 19 which is still out of spec. My other three tires where a 2,4,9. So the tire shop got three more good year's two where high road force # in the 20s the third one was a 7. So we put the low numbers (2-4) on the front and the (7-9 ) in the rear. The high speed vibration was gone. The following week end went on a three hour trip with no problems my truck had about 1200 miles on it when all this was done truck has almost 5000 with no vibration. Spent alot of my own time trying to straighten out problem, my dealership went to gm to compensate me for my time gm cut me a check for two truck payments. Hope this post can help point some of you towards a solution to your vibration issues as I know it just consumes you every time you get in your 50,0000 $ truck!!!!

Good luck

• Like 1