Hello Everyone,

I recently traded in my 2008 Sierra Denali for a new 2017 Sierra Denali which I’ve had for about two weeks now. The truck is a 4WD short bed with the 6.2L/8 speed and has factory 22” wheels with the Bridgestone Dueler AT tires on it. I have been noticing a vibration/shudder/rough feel which is felt mainly when decelerating under 40 mph all the way down to a stop (it is not brake related as this happens with or without braking). It feels like it is coming from the rear of the truck and can be felt throughout the cab. When I shift the truck into neutral when it's doing this it's perfectly smooth. I did mention this to the dealer and they wanted me to drive it for at least 500 miles and that is where I’m at currently. Just trying to get an idea of what may be going on here and causing this. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I recently traded in my 2008 Sierra Denali for a new 2017 Sierra Denali which I’ve had for about two weeks now. The truck is a 4WD short bed with the 6.2L/8 speed and has factory 22” wheels with the Bridgestone Dueler AT tires on it. I have been noticing a vibration/shudder/rough feel which is felt mainly when decelerating under 40 mph all the way down to a stop (it is not brake related as this happens with or without braking). It feels like it is coming from the rear of the truck and can be felt throughout the cab. When I shift the truck into neutral when it's doing this it's perfectly smooth. I did mention this to the dealer and they wanted me to drive it for at least 500 miles and that is where I’m at currently. Just trying to get an idea of what may be going on here and causing this. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sounds like the pinion angle is getting out of alignment or the rear gears are machined wrong.

Axles didn't help me. Found a bad wheel though. Which is odd since these were mounted on my Tahoe before I put them on my truck and I never noticed any vibration. Had the wheels balanced multiple times, no issues with a static balance had them balanced twice in the last 6 months without issues. A dynamic balance might solve the problem. Most likely will just replace them.

Good luck everyone!

What made you think to look at that particular wheel?

Edited by Austin66

I have a vibration 45 to 65 that comes and goes only when cruising using my foot or cruse control will not do it while costing it will start shutting for about 1 sec and stop then do it again it's like an endless loop I'm taking it to the shop next week is this what y'all are having problems with to ?

Yeah, I've replaced mine with an aftermarket aluminium unit. Put 150 miles on the truck today with the spare in place of the offender, amazing to finally have the vibration gone.

Did you check the Axles? I am pretty sure another poster has pinned it to the Axles......

Did you check the Axles? I am pretty sure another poster has pinned it to the Axles......

Actually since I know you haven't read all 706 pages of this thread because if you did you would know that my vibes came from the stock driveshaft that was bent. I did true my axle flanges because they were not running true and did contribute to some vibrations just not a much as the drive shaft.

RT

Edited by 07Softail

Hello Everyone,

Thanks

You go back and beg for your 2008 back, just like me.

Not sure if this has been posted or not.... interesting read if you haven't seen it before.

http://vibratesoftware.com/nvh-app-the-chevy-chevrolet-shake-no-one-fix/

Although I don't remember their results, I believe I remember a number of people here have checked this. Abominable for example.

Not sure if this has been posted or not.... interesting read if you haven't seen it before.

http://vibratesoftware.com/nvh-app-the-chevy-chevrolet-shake-no-one-fix/

Very interesting! My first impressions when I first had the vibration start. Only variables i have is that when the truck was new it didn't vibrate. Very soon after within 100 miles of lifting it with bigger tires it started. I assumed pinion angle first and then wheel balance and so on... So Im wondering if this issue has a way of becoming a problem over time. Meaning the adjustment gets out of spec on its own. Ive been wanting to re-gear to 3.73 to compensate for the 34" tires and i might have them go over everything and see if anything else is out of spec. Another thought i have is the locker malfunctioning at higher speeds. Who knows