It's hardly at random. The driveshaft issue is something they have already seen a few times and well know enough at gm that the design has already been changed. They have also done most of the things you mentioned. Inspected all the gears, bearings, ujoints, checked for tolerance issues in the gears and the contact pattern. Inspected and checked tolerances on both drive shafts and everything looked normal. Replacing the entire rear end was a decision made outside of the dealership by whomever at gm they contact for advice.

Edited by Aboothlsu
  • Like 1

I had the same issue with my crew can, dodge, Chevy and fords. Roll down your back window a little to break the air vacuum that's created. It should silence the thumping noise.

Tried to quote a post but it didn't work. This is on response to the front windows down and the noise associated with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by leviblue

Aboothlsu what was your build date of your truck. I am having issues similar to yours.

My new truck is vibrating and the driveshaft is making noice. Tires have been rebalanced, did not fix the problem.

Had 3 of the 4 tires replaced for lateral run out " wobble". I put my tires on from my last truck that ran very smooth and vibration is better, but not gone. Driveshaft makes noise and there is a weird feeling at rear of truck. My driveshaft makes a very loud noise when going from forward to reverse gear a lot louder then any truck I ever owned.

My fm signal from my radio is droping out and loosing station, makes static from wipers motor too.

My drivers lcd went blank for a second or two then came back, this only happened 1 time so far.

My fuel economy is not what it should be, and my trucks throttle response has delayed the transmission a second or two when I was turning left at a light. This has happened a few times now and I can not trust that the truck will go when I need it too in this situation!

My truck is 2014 sierra all terrain z71 4x4 crew 6'-6" box.

My dealer can not be trusted, as they lost this after telling me my truck is preforming like GMC intended,.

Aboothlsu what was your build date of your truck. I am having issues similar to yours.

My new truck is vibrating and the driveshaft is making noice. Tires have been rebalanced, did not fix the problem.

Had 3 of the 4 tires replaced for lateral run out " wobble". I put my tires on from my last truck that ran very smooth and vibration is better, but not gone. Driveshaft makes noise and there is a weird feeling at rear of truck. My driveshaft makes a very loud noise when going from forward to reverse gear a lot louder then any truck I ever owned.

My fm signal from my radio is droping out and loosing station, makes static from wipers motor too.

My drivers lcd went blank for a second or two then came back, this only happened 1 time so far.

My fuel economy is not what it should be, and my trucks throttle response has delayed the transmission a second or two when I was turning left at a light. This has happened a few times now and I can not trust that the truck will go when I need it too in this situation!

My truck is 2014 sierra all terrain z71 4x4 crew 6'-6" box.

My dealer can not be trusted, as they lost this after telling me my truck is preforming like GMC intended,.

Im not sure the exact build date, I bought it around oct 2013 so its one of the earlier ones. I will try an find that out and will post it here.

Edited by Aboothlsu

build date is on the inside of the drivers door on a tag

Trucks currently at the dealer. I don't remember what it is offhand. I have to call them and have them take a look.

I've also finally read through this entire thread and it seems a lot of people have went through multiple tire changes, balancings etc. some fixing the problems, others no luck.

I'm not sure why the dealer hasn't even explored this option only relying on the fact they rebalanced all the tires on mine over a month or so ago when I first came in for the vibration issue.

I'm not sure the tires have ever been road force balanced and I haven't received any new tires. I'm not sure they have even considered either of these options before jumping to trying new driveshafts and now a complete rear end assembly. If they have they haven't mentioned it to me.

Is it possible that a bad set of tires, not properly balanced, or road force balanced, or this combined with the vibration issues caused the blowout. The tire lost all pressure instantly due to a tear in the sidewall coming around a sharp 180 degree turn when switching interstates on the highway, when there was high lateral loads.

I've asked this question and they claimed it was in no way related.

Edited by Aboothlsu

Well GM decided to do nothing and not help me out. So sorry guys and F you after 30+ years of nothing but General I have gone to the dark side. But hey it's smooth.

4e5uma9e.jpg

• Like 1

So I get the feeling this will be one of those issues that they never admit to or find a fix for. Has anyone successfully lemon lawed one of the new trucks due to just the shake and vibration? class action suite we could all start to get this taken care of? I have driven it for almost 2 months and 2000 miles and it drives me crazy on the interstate.

Is there a video anyone know of that shows what the vibration is that people are dealing with? Mine has a slight shimmy in the seat at between 75 and 85 mph but if I set the cruise control on at 70 to 72 mph I get a very nice ride. One thing I have noticed is that these trucks are air sensitive, meaning maybe a slight chande to the exterior could give you a better ride? I wonder if any of the guys that removed the from air dam have better highway ride quality? A bug guard could make a difference ...I've seen strange things happen with water on my hood at different speeds, just wondering if something happened in the ole wind tunel at GM.

Has anyone who changed tires had this problem go away. By change I mean pulled the GY's off and went to a good tire.

I have the same issue with my 2014 Z71 4X4.... Vibration starts at around 70mph. Dealer road forced factory tires and rims as well as Discount Tire. After all that still have vibration.....

Truck at dealer for 3 days and now we switched to Michelin's and road forced those prior to install and STILL have the same vibration.

I am convinced this is not a tire issue. GM engineers are just lost on this one.

Anyone finds a fix please pass it on!!

Shakin Chevy...... Still no reply from GM or the dealer after filing a claim with GM over a month ago. New 2014 Chevy Silverado shaking worst than ever. I have owned over 10 new chevy vehicles but I have to say this will be my last mistake with them.