I hate the snow, but the Sequoia does great in it. Thing is as big as and weighs as much as a tank and has the MPG to prove it LOL

And SB, I'll be back in Westlake next month, I'll be there for three days and will get to Babes at least twice if not 3 times :)

Awwww come on Bill go have some fun and go 4wheeling, I bet the Sequoia will do pretty well. I know they are saying 15-20" for me over in our Blizzard Warning, but they ALWAYS UNDER PREDICT for us, so I'm saying 24"

Another major thing difference on this generation is the cab/box mounts. They are so called "shear-mount". They have an internal metal-metal arrangement to limit the horizontal movements. I suspect it's all about getting "body-on-frame" vehicles up to the crash testing levels of unibody vehicles. Question is, how do these mounts affect vibration transmissibility....my guess, way more than the engineers counted on. It may take a generation or two for them to sort this out, and get back to the ride and comfort quality of the previous generation plus the increased crash-worthilness they crave to keep their sales up. Personally, a 6500lb truck has enough inherent crashworthiness against a Honda Civic that I really don't care what the NTSHA says, but oops, I didn't say that out loud, did I?

Below is listed what's new with the chassis and related components starting with 2014 model. Among them are hydro-formed front sub-frame and boxed main frame.

http://www.media.gm.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2013/May/Silverado-May-5/0505-silverado-chassis.html

There have been approximately 10,440 replies to this thread, and I have been watching very closely for a fix. I have been to the dealer multiple times, and they have been unwilling to assess the vibration issue beyond balancing the tires. I have hated driving this truck knowing the issue that is present. After 4x 20+ hour trips between TX and KY with vibration the entire way at cruising speed I have finally found the fix for this truck. I bought a RAM 1500 today, took a little swim, and I have never been happier with driving my personal truck. I recommend to all.

You have chosen.. wisely. Good luck with the Dodge. Post photos and keep us updated as to how the Dodge works out for you.

Edited by Colossus

You have chosen.. wisely. Good luck with the Dodge. Post photos and keep us updated as to how the Dodge works out for you.

2017 Express 4wd w/ 5.7. Have a 2016 2wd Tradesman as a work truck and both make me happy.

Below is listed what's new with the chassis and related components starting with 2014 model. Among them are hydro-formed front sub-frame and boxed main frame.

http://www.media.gm.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2013/May/Silverado-May-5/0505-silverado-chassis.html

You know I had both trucks on a lift nnbs and a 2015, I seen no differences in the frames, GM makes it sound like alot more then it is.

• Like 1

2017 Express 4wd w/ 5.7. Have a 2016 2wd Tradesman as a work truck and both make me happy.

I went out to buy the Ram as I like dodge ended up with Silverado,thank God I don't have the shakes yet.Good luck one thing I don't like is most dodge/mopar I've had seem to create loud cold starts longer they sit louder it is,knocking drives me nuts.Full synthetic will help with cold starts,especially if your not driving it daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many miles did it take for yours to start shaking again? Whenever I had my driveshaft rebalanced, I thought it was fixed but after about a week of driving it started again. It's been 20 days and almost 800 miles since replacing the axles and the truck has been shake free since. I'm paranoid about it but the truck has never been smoother

TYpically about a week but if you have gone 800 miles I'm thinking you may be over the hump ;)

You know I had both trucks on a lift nnbs and a 2015, I seen no differences in the frames, GM makes it sound like alot more then it is.[/quote

Yup, that's marketing. I did do a little googling though and both the GMT900 and K2XX frames are completely boxed and both have hydroformed front sub-frames. Beyond that, deminsions, hardness, rigidity of steel, etc, can't say.

Awwww come on Bill go have some fun and go 4wheeling, I bet the Sequoia will do pretty well. I know they are saying 15-20" for me over in our Blizzard Warning, but they ALWAYS UNDER PREDICT for us, so I'm saying 24"

Already made one emergency trip to the vets in it and hope I don't have to make another. It is getting close to 2 feet out there. My boy Oz is having some issues recovering from a recent surgery.

I went out to buy the Ram as I like dodge ended up with Silverado,thank God I don't have the shakes yet.Good luck one thing I don't like is most dodge/mopar I've had seem to create loud cold starts longer they sit louder it is,knocking drives me nuts.Full synthetic will help with cold starts,especially if your not driving it daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nightwalker and all.....I am not advertising Ram. I am only saying that what makes me happy is a truck that does not vibrate or has the potential to vibrate. I can go about my life without worrying about whether my tires/torque converter/rear pinion gear/rear brake disks/rear axle/ anything are out of whack.

I bought a 1500 Silverado because I liked the look and feel of it. I quickly realized that (after all this vibration nonsense) that I love the Ram truck. If I was to be "brand loyal" I would buy a Ram 100% of the time.

To: Colussus......

The pic is it loads.......

post-165259-0-51468600-1483842275_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nightwalker and all.....I am not advertising Ram. I am only saying that what makes me happy is a truck that does not vibrate or has the potential to vibrate. I can go about my life without worrying about whether my tires/torque converter/rear pinion gear/rear brake disks/rear axle/ anything are out of whack.

I bought a 1500 Silverado because I liked the look and feel of it. I quickly realized that (after all this vibration nonsense) that I love the Ram truck. If I was to be "brand loyal" I would buy a Ram 100% of the time.

To: Colussus......

The pic is it loads.......

Well my neck is broken now trying to see that sideways photo, but it is a great truck!