RT,

Very appreciative of the info you've put on here. I sent both those videos to them last week. Maybe the GM engineer will look at them as well. Sometimes I think "It has to be the tires" and other days I can't make heads or tails of anything. I wish I had a lift so I could at least measure this stuff myself. I have an accurate dial indicator.

RT,

Very appreciative of the info you've put on here. I sent both those videos to them last week. Maybe the GM engineer will look at them as well. Sometimes I think "It has to be the tires" and other days I can't make heads or tails of anything. I wish I had a lift so I could at least measure this stuff myself. I have an accurate dial indicator.

Many Many Many people have installed new tires with no positive results. It will mask it for a while but I guarantee it's always shaking whether you think it is or not, You don't need a lift!!!. Hahaaa!!!!

RT

show them these videos and ask them if it's still the tires!

https://vimeo.com/194200154

RT

Where did these videos come from and are they available in a longer format? Not long enough to tell much about it..... but looks like it could be a vibration SHAKE source

Edited by MyFavTruck

1 was from performance trucks and the other was from this site. Long enough to see problems with both. I fixed my drive shaft and will be checking axles next but My vibration is gone after the driveshaft was trued. Look at the bottom plane on the drive shaft and then look at the outer edge of the axle flange.

RT

Hey guys just a thought. Would it be possible to lift the truck up on a lift, all four wheels off the ground, bring the truck up to speed, get underneath the truck and try and see if anything sticks out as the source of vibration?

Makes me wonder if GM has or does any quality control checking of parts and sub components. How else can you explain all the different parts and components that people report got changed and helped some but not all. It appears it might be tires, driveshaft , axles , torque converter,motor mounts, cab mounts,shocks and the list goes on.

Has anyone tried running a lower than normal air pressure? I've noticed most of us on here like to run higher tire pressures for loads, mpg's, stuff like that. Maybe if we run factory pressure or little lower than factory that'll smoothen the ride....