Post #10240 has links about headlights of another brand of truck. This is a GM forum and the thread is about Shake and Vibrations.

RT

And here I thought we were all friends and were just trying to help one another.... Shame that people can't help people with other brands.

But softail, you already solved the mystery. It's a drive shaft issue and if everyone just listens to you and has their shaft trued then they won't have anymore vibration. Right ? So why so grumpy lol

I just replaced both rear axles with Yukon axles and took it for a test drive on the interstate for about 45 minutes. I set the cruise at 82 mph and that's where it use to shake the worst. I don't want to say the wobble is 100% gone just yet bc it felt like it was there sometimes and I don't know if I'm just super sensitive to it now. It defiantly is smoother at highway speeds after the axle replacement. I will update the issue later after I take an extended trip on the highway.

So... long story short, picoscope showed a vibration in the speed and rpm range i told them, about 35-50 and 3 weights were added to the driveshaft.... seems to have improved the ride, but after driving the same roads in a 2012 Impala 2017 Silverado crew cab and the wife's 15 Sonic, I am apt to think all the roads here in eastern NC have a certain harmonic on vehicles in the 35-50mph range, unless all 4 vehicles had terrible balance and beatup suspension...

I would say my vibration has eased to the point that I am not unhappy with my purchase any longer. I would like to change the rough country shocks to bilsteins though. The truck with a 6" lift and 35" Nitto exograpplers rides very very smooth according to all my passengers as well.

And the service department was actually very proactive, just took a lot of unnecessary prodding from myself and the wife. Once they started getting the daily 3pm phone call from one or the other, the ball rolled.

Been reading through this forum the last couple days to see what others have tried. I have a 2016 Crew 4WD Z71 that shakes really bad at 65-80MPH. I have been working with my dealer and another dealer in a nearby town and they have not been able to fix the shaking. Both dealers insist that it is normal for full size trucks to have some "vibrations at higher speeds" which is just BS. I have owned/ridden in several full size 4D 4wd trucks that ride butter smooth at all speeds on good roads.

After 7 dealer visits and being with out my truck for a total of 40 days I am giving up on GM fixing this or making it right. During this time I have driven 6 other trucks that had at least some shaking with 2 of them being as bad as mine. I will never buy another GM product, period.

Both dealers have refused to change anything other than tires/wheels. I am on my third complete set of tires/wheels and a few one offs (15 total different tires) that the dealer swapped out. None of those changes made any difference at all. I currently have 20" KMC XD wheels with 285/60 Toyo Open Country tires.

Before giving up I would like to start trying some NON OEM replacement parts and would like any advice on what others have used either to correct this problem or just in general.

Going to start with driveshaft but not sure where to get one from as there isn't any place local that makes them.

Torque converter?

axles?

rear end?

Do plan to swap out the shocks with Bilstein 5100 shocks. I did have a rough country level kit added but that had no impact on the shaking. I guess it could be removed with the Ride-Height Adjustable Shocks?

I am considering a 6" lift but need to fix the shaking first because in the end I will need to trade this off for something else rather soon.

I am willing to do about anything to fix it. I don't have a shop or lots of equipment so will need to find someone local that will do some of the work for me.

One last thing, the shaking is extreme when pulling a loaded trailer. ATVs or boat...

Been reading through this forum the last couple days to see what others have tried. I have a 2016 Crew 4WD Z71 that shakes really bad at 65-80MPH. I have been working with my dealer and another dealer in a nearby town and they have not been able to fix the shaking. Both dealers insist that it is normal for full size trucks to have some "vibrations at higher speeds" which is just BS. I have owned/ridden in several full size 4D 4wd trucks that ride butter smooth at all speeds on good roads.

After 7 dealer visits and being with out my truck for a total of 40 days I am giving up on GM fixing this or making it right. During this time I have driven 6 other trucks that had at least some shaking with 2 of them being as bad as mine. I will never buy another GM product, period.

Both dealers have refused to change anything other than tires/wheels. I am on my third complete set of tires/wheels and a few one offs (15 total different tires) that the dealer swapped out. None of those changes made any difference at all. I currently have 20" KMC XD wheels with 285/60 Toyo Open Country tires.

Before giving up I would like to start trying some NON OEM replacement parts and would like any advice on what others have used either to correct this problem or just in general.

Going to start with driveshaft but not sure where to get one from as there isn't any place local that makes them.

Torque converter?

axles?

rear end?

Do plan to swap out the shocks with Bilstein 5100 shocks. I did have a rough country level kit added but that had no impact on the shaking. I guess it could be removed with the Ride-Height Adjustable Shocks?

I am considering a 6" lift but need to fix the shaking first because in the end I will need to trade this off for something else rather soon.

I am willing to do about anything to fix it. I don't have a shop or lots of equipment so will need to find someone local that will do some of the work for me.

One last thing, the shaking is extreme when pulling a loaded trailer. ATVs or boat...

I just replaced both rear axles with Yukons. It didn't shake when i went for a test drive after i installed them. I'll give a better update whenever I go for an extended drive on the interstate

I had the very same issue as the original OP the dealer told me wheels and replaced all 4 rims that didn't fix it then I replaced all 4 tires that didn't fix it, alignments, among services among services at multiple dealers and no body could figure it out and then my transmission pump finished going out turns out that was the problem the whole time and that's why this shaking only happens when accelerating, I happened to be on expressway so of course the transmission was destroyed in my truck the dealer replaced it with a new one, and I was told by several service guys this seems to be an ongoing problem with these pumps.. so I hope this helps some others because it was a huge headache for me.. let me know if you have any questions it hasn't done it again since the new tranny was installed

It's hard to believe that a billion dollar company with unlimited engineering resources can't (or won't) figure out what their flagship truck's vibration problem is. They either know and don't want to have a recall or publish TSB's for a couple million trucks,or they would rather piss around handling the problems individually hoping that a customer will just tire of it all, or have the occasional buy-back, have the customer get the same issues with his new buy-back.

To a large degree the dealer's hands are tied because they just can't spend money on GM's engineering problems without getting reimbursed for their warranty work. For everyone that posts here about the issue there are 10 more out there that that don't.

We can send people to the moon, build multi-billion dollar aircraft carriers, supply 20 million dollar golden parachutes to retiring or fired GM execs, and GM can't or won't fix the flagship vehicle's vibration complaints.

• Like 2