Hey Rolling Thunder,

Can you do me a favor and fix your bottom signature... the one in red.... it says LTX and based on your side profile it should be LTZ.

thanks and sorry but its just really going to annoy me hahaha

I see someone has an F150 now. Sweet trade.

• Like 2

Hey Rolling Thunder,

Can you do me a favor and fix your bottom signature... the one in red.... it says LTX and based on your side profile it should be LTZ.

When did you trade your Denali in? I'll have to say, two buddies have XLT F150's and even though they are a lower trim package the fit and finish is way better than my High Country and the ride is hand over fist the best riding truck I've ever ridden in. They feel like I'm floating on clouds compared to my sport tuned suspension lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey Rolling Thunder,

LTZ it is! :dunno::)

Edited by Rolling Thunder
  • Like 1

FYI there was a recall on some continental tires associated with the vibration. you should check with dealer

Daleone,.

I found the recall notice and printed what visual tire information I needed and will check my tires today. They are of the size in question..

Thank you very much.

Edit: My tires not involved.

Edited by Rolling Thunder

When did you trade your Denali in? I'll have to say, two buddies have XLT F150's and even though they are a lower trim package the fit and finish is way better than my High Country and the ride is hand over fist the best riding truck I've ever ridden in. They feel like I'm floating on clouds compared to my sport tuned suspension lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I do have to say that I am in love with the F150, its an amazing truck. I've been sitting on the news of the swap for a little bit (wanted to make sure all of the paperwork went through and was good to go before I made it public). The Denali had some issues that weren't noticed/ didn't happen on either of the test drives I took it on (Trans clunk from 1st to 2nd gear, radio completely shut down while driving and wouldn't come back until I shut the truck off, when backing up the truck would randomly seem like it was grinding gears and the rear end would bounce/shudder... The issue which I can't discuss, I knew about it, but it was so minimal compared to the old truck that I was going to deal with it).

Once I noticed the other issues, I decided not to spend any more of my life dealing with warranty claims like this so I said "See Ya Latah". The F150 rides great, fit and finish is great... that 3.5EB.... HOLY CRAP, this thing is insanely quick. The only 2 downsides I've found so far are the XM radio sound quality isn't quite as good as it was in the GM, so I'm looking into seeing if I can swap the antenna to fix it. And the LED Headlamps while way better than the Halogen for both GM and Ford, they aren't quite as good as the LED on the GM, but they are a close second, and the Auto HighBeam feature helps to make up for it.

Edited by Its Over
  • Like 3

I do have to say that I am in love with the F150, its an amazing truck. I've been sitting on the news of the swap for a little bit (wanted to make sure all of the paperwork went through and was good to go before I made it public). The Denali had some issues that weren't noticed/ didn't happen on either of the test drives I took it on (Trans clunk from 1st to 2nd gear, radio completely shut down while driving and wouldn't come back until I shut the truck off, when backing up the truck would randomly seem like it was grinding gears and the rear end would bounce/shudder... The issue which I can't discuss, I knew about it, but it was so minimal compared to the old truck that I was going to deal with it).

Once I noticed the other issues, I decided not to spend any more of my life dealing with warranty claims like this so I said "See Ya Latah". The F150 rides great, fit and finish is great... that 3.5EB.... HOLY CRAP, this thing is insanely quick. The only 2 downsides I've found so far are the XM radio sound quality isn't quite as good as it was in the GM, so I'm looking into seeing if I can swap the antenna to fix it. And the LED Headlamps while way better than the Halogen for both GM and Ford, they aren't quite as good as the LED on the GM, but they are a close second, and the Auto HighBeam feature helps to make up for it.

Wowski !! From the frying pan into the fire, and then from there into the unknown LOL. Friend of mine just bought a new F250 with a V8 and loves it.

My '16 Z71 seems to have pretty much ceased vibrating with the onslaught of cold weather... go figure. So Looks like I'll prolly have to wait until spring time to jump back into the fray. But that's ok. Hopefully a welcome break from the vibes and the bullshit.... for now I guess :dunno:

Best of luck with that new Ferd, Jesse!! :fingersx:

• Like 1

Daleone,.

I found the recall notice and printed what visual tire information I needed and will check my tires today. They are of the size in question..

Thank you very much.

Edit: My tires not involved.

They may be fine now but could cause vibration later. GM found this through all the complaints re vibration so I would push them to replace them if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They may be fine now but could cause vibration later. GM found this through all the complaints re vibration so I would push them to replace them if you can.

Dale,

I can't imagine GM or a dealer replacing tires that are not specifically listed in a NTSA recall or any recall. What would I base my request for the replacement on?

First of all Congrats on purchase of another RIG!

Secondly Ford does not install LED Headlights on your RIG..........

Now for the drum roll!........Careful with the Wrench? You will understand the FERD Wrench soon enough....The 3.5EB is Quick like you stated! You can only sell "quick/super fast to the younger generation" look I am telling you the truth! That 3.5 will foul it's spark plugs, it will COLD RATTLE START, IT will sometimes even die in a HOUSTON DOWN POUR OF RAIN, Did you go buy a case of oil? Hope you did because they consume OIL LIKE NOBODY'S Business which is completely normal for a TWIN SCROLL TURBO V6 spinning at 30K RPM's engine RPM's @5K to propel that 5,000LB sled "FAST" timing chain snapping and it has how many timing chains?, How many Cams? Oh....and you will never even get close to the MPG's you were looking for either.

I honestly hope your FERD does treat you better than the crappy chevy! No I am not jealous, actually I am quite scared for ya!

First of all Congrats on purchase of another RIG!

Secondly Ford does not install LED Headlights on your RIG..........

Now for the drum roll!........Careful with the Wrench? You will understand the FERD Wrench soon enough....The 3.5EB is Quick like you stated! You can only sell "quick/super fast to the younger generation" look I am telling you the truth! That 3.5 will foul it's spark plugs, it will COLD RATTLE START, IT will sometimes even die in a HOUSTON DOWN POUR OF RAIN, Did you go buy a case of oil? Hope you did because they consume OIL LIKE NOBODY'S Business which is completely normal for a TWIN SCROLL TURBO V6 spinning at 30K RPM's engine RPM's @5K to propel that 5,000LB sled "FAST" timing chain snapping and it has how many timing chains?, How many Cams? Oh....and you will never even get close to the MPG's you were looking for either.

I honestly hope your FERD does treat you better than the crappy chevy! No I am not jealous, actually I am quite scared for ya!

no worries mookdoc,

hate to disagree with ya, but Ford does offer LED headlamps on some of its trim packages (I do have them) they are a crystal quartz design with what is essentially a non removable LED, if it goes out, the entire assembly gets replaced, in which case I'd go aftermarket..

I don't typically rev it up to go quick, but it was just something cool to see when I first got it. I do have some oil on reserve as I check all my fluid levels on all my vehicles midway between the oil change. Cadillacs do the same thing with oil, just FYI, my dads 06 CTS will go through a 3-4 quarts between each oil change.

The water issue was allegedly fixed back in 2013 or 2014 when they redesigned the intake for the engine, so hopefully that wont end up being a problem.

As for Fuel Efficiency, I'm currently at 15.2 on the winter blend and I'm still doing some testing to see how I can get the best results. My old Chevy would drop to mid to upper 15's on Winter Blend, so as of now there isn't much difference there. (City Driving)

I only plan to keep it for maybe 6 years, so hopefully I wont have the issues that come later on. and with a 5year 60k powertrain warranty, I should be covered for that kind of stuff. But as of now, I love it.

no worries mookdoc,

hate to disagree with ya, but Ford does offer LED headlamps on some of its trim packages (I do have them) they are a crystal quartz design with what is essentially a non removable LED, if it goes out, the entire assembly gets replaced, in which case I'd go aftermarket..

I don't typically rev it up to go quick, but it was just something cool to see when I first got it. I do have some oil on reserve as I check all my fluid levels on all my vehicles midway between the oil change. Cadillacs do the same thing with oil, just FYI, my dads 06 CTS will go through a 3-4 quarts between each oil change.

The water issue was allegedly fixed back in 2013 or 2014 when they redesigned the intake for the engine, so hopefully that wont end up being a problem.

SOunds good! I just want and it seems your aware of the grass is greener problems which is good! Hope it rolls well for ya!

As for Fuel Efficiency, I'm currently at 15.2 on the winter blend and I'm still doing some testing to see how I can get the best results. My old Chevy would drop to mid to upper 15's on Winter Blend, so as of now there isn't much difference there. (City Driving)

I only plan to keep it for maybe 6 years, so hopefully I wont have the issues that come later on. and with a 5year 60k powertrain warranty, I should be covered for that kind of stuff. But as of now, I love it.

SOunds good! I just want and it seems your aware of the grass is greener problems which is good! Hope it rolls well for ya!

• Like 1