What I see is that there are a few parts that dealers and owners are replacing.

Tires

Differentials

Wheel bearings

Axles

I think I seen a torque converter or 2

But I think there are more parts that could be causing it.

A change in body mount material?

Too hard or too soft?

Engine or transmission mounts?

Leaf springs?

My vibration/shake feels like its side to side.

I've changed: wheel bearings & Tires

No change. I'm fixing to start swapping parts from 2013 or down trucks to see if anything changes.

Going to swap wheels, then leaf spring as long as they are the same.

Maybe even the front struts since they seem interchangeable. Cause it might be a change in spring rate.

What do you all think? Some of the guys here are mechanically savvy. What things have you tried or thought of trying to fix it. Going to the dealer isn't an option since I'm lifted and get the "it's your fault".

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

i have changed the struts, Replaced the rear springs with deavers, clamped the rear springs, new rear shocks, sulastic rear shackles, Pulled the front CV shafts out of the truck and tested it, Disconnected the power steering to eliminate the smooth road shake feature. Still shakes. Checked the drive shaft for balance, run out and checked the pinion angles, even shimmed the rear up and down 2 degrees to see if it helped, actually made things worse. I'm considering buying a go pro to mount underneath and look at various spots to see if something jumps out as a vibration source. Rear end and transfer case mount are of particular interest for me. I can confirm that my vibration is side to side, The vibration analyzer app on my phone confirmed this as well.

i have changed the struts, Replaced the rear springs with deavers, clamped the rear springs, new rear shocks, sulastic rear shackles, Pulled the front CV shafts out of the truck and tested it, Disconnected the power steering to eliminate the smooth road shake feature. Still shakes. Checked the drive shaft for balance, run out and checked the pinion angles, even shimmed the rear up and down 2 degrees to see if it helped, actually made things worse. I'm considering buying a go pro to mount underneath and look at various spots to see if something jumps out as a vibration source. Rear end and transfer case mount are of particular interest for me. I can confirm that my vibration is side to side, The vibration analyzer app on my phone confirmed this as well.

I've noticed when mine is vibrating that the bed is shaking. And I mentioned that the body mount material might have changed. Have you done anything with that?

Whenever I get home (truck driver) I'm going to start massing with it. One thought was to use some wood and pinch it between the bed and frame to see if it changes anything. Worse or better.

I've noticed when mine is vibrating that the bed is shaking. And I mentioned that the body mount material might have changed. Have you done anything with that?

Whenever I get home (truck driver) I'm going to start massing with it. One thought was to use some wood and pinch it between the bed and frame to see if it changes anything. Worse or better.

i have a 1.5" body lift on mine, I have thought about replacing the plastic lift pucks with rubber in the 70A shore hardness range to see if it will provide some damping, I'd rather find the source and eliminate that but that has proved difficult even for GM apparently.

i have a 1.5" body lift on mine, I have thought about replacing the plastic lift pucks with rubber in the 70A shore hardness range to see if it will provide some damping, I'd rather find the source and eliminate that but that has proved difficult even for GM apparently.

Where would you acquire rubber pucks like that? Was the factory body mount removed for the body lift? Or was the body lift just put on top of the factory rubber mount? Also my GoPro is going to make the rounds "around " my truck when I get home.

Edited by smcgillis10

Where would you acquire rubber pucks like that? Was the factory body mount removed for the body lift? Or was the body lift just put on top of the factory rubber mount? Also my GoPro is going to make the rounds "around " my truck when I get home.

I'd have make them from either rubber or urethane that has been extruded in a round bar. They sit right on top of the factory body mount. What was odd is there are a couple posts on here about resettling the body mounts correcting the issue in rare cases, this is where you unbolt the body from the frame lift it up and bolt it back down. Oddly enough the truck was perfectly smooth for a week or so after I put on the body lift, like resettling the mounts helped for a bit but went back to shaking a week later. Factory mounts are expensive and a pain to change to try them as a possible fix, Would be well worth it if there was high percentage it would correct the issue but I don't think there is. Unlikely a bad batch of mounts was made that have affected every MY from 14 through 17.

You guys got me to finally do a run on the Interstate due to these vibration concerns. I'm only at 800 miles but

I wound 'er up to 75 and all was fine. I have no lifts, all stock, 20" chrome OEM wheels and Continental all-season tires.

Hopefully it stays that way. Mine started about 2500 miles in and others have said it started at 10k or more.

Hopefully it stays that way. Mine started about 2500 miles in and others have said it started at 10k or more.

AB,

OK, I'm trying to get a more complete handle on this and I wasn't aware that it can and does appear at any time. Now I know. And this can happen to any model version of truck, ie: LT, Z71, HD2500, Max trailer package, 4X2, etc?

Without going back through your posts, did you fix it? We have a 1360 mile Florida trip planned for February and the last think I want is vibration on I95 doing legal speed limits (~75mph where legal)

AB,

OK, I'm trying to get a more complete handle on this and I wasn't aware that it can and does appear at any time. Now I know. And this can happen to any model version of truck, ie: LT, Z71, HD2500, Max trailer package, 4X2, etc?

Without going back through your posts, did you fix it? We have a 1360 mile Florida trip planned for February and the last think I want is vibration on I95 doing legal speed limits (~75mph where legal)

Hey Rolling Thunder,

Can you do me a favor and fix your bottom signature... the one in red.... it says LTX and based on your side profile it should be LTZ.

thanks and sorry but its just really going to annoy me hahaha

You guys got me to finally do a run on the Interstate due to these vibration concerns. I'm only at 800 miles but

I wound 'er up to 75 and all was fine. I have no lifts, all stock, 20" chrome OEM wheels and Continental all-season tires.

FYI there was a recall on some continental tires associated with the vibration. you should check with dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1