Had an interesting surprise the other day. When I bought my truck I installed a leveling kit within the first month. I took it to the dealer to have it aligned after leveling. For the last 30000 miles the truck has had with a 'heavy' steering feel. It tracked straight without any steady pull in either direction. The steering wheel was centered. Even though it tracked straight, it required steady back and forth with any road imperfection or wind, etc. You always felt like you had to keep a little steering input one direction or the other and back and forth sort of tacking down the highway. I too have dealt with a slight vibration as long as I recall with this truck. Now for the surprise. I had it aligned and while they messed up the center line of the steering wheel (which they are correcting tomorrow), they found the front wheels had a toe and camber split that fought the other wheel. The amazing part was that my tire wear has been pretty dang good on these stock GoodYears. they have all worn very evenly. And the vibration is GONE. I have no vibration in my truck at all now. I sure hope they don't mess it up re centering the steering wheel.

Vibrations still gone after alighnment?

Folks have accepted the issue for what it is and have vented their frustrations and have moved on, I suppose. What more can be done.

Yes, and evidently they continue buying these trucks, hoping against all odds that GM actually gives a crap.

Folks have accepted the issue for what it is and have vented their frustrations and have moved on, I suppose. What more can be done.

Pretty much. I'm giving up on this soon. Tired of worrying about it. Soon as I can I'll get a other truck and never look at a GM product again.
  • Like 2

X2

Lost count of how many days in the shop in the 4 short months of ownership. Approaching 30 days, i think. Lost count of how many unreturned phone calls. Lost count of how many times I have had to get a little shitty just to get them to do what they told me they would in the first place. Lost count of how many days I came home pissed off because I feel like a dummy for dropping it off at the chevy dealership instead of at the Ford dealership. worst part is, I know they'll do the same shit.

Maybe I'll just save my $737 for a month and buy a 98 yota.

Sorry for the cussing y'all. It makes me fkin ill.

For any of you on the fence about opting out, you have to ask yourself is it worth the time and energy. One of these vibrators is like a toothache. I've been thrilled ever since I had mine taken care of, as are others who have done the same. I get it, it sucks losing money but this issue is just so damn frustrating and time consuming that it just isn't worth dealing with it. Lose the money and get your life back.

I still can't believe nobody is having the Driveshaft checked or the outter edge of the axle flange. There are videos of these two components clearly out of wack, at least show the videos to the service managers after all they are not going to invest time on this because they won't get paid for it. I took it upon my self to take my driveshaft out to have it checked and I will be checking the axle flange to just for curiosity.

RT

I would love to check mine. I even have a dial indicator that I could use, but I don't have any way of lifting my truck except for the jack that comes with it. I'm not about to crawl under my truck without jack stands or cribbing. My problem is that when I brought it to a driveshaft shop, they didn't want to touch it. I have no other shops without driving over 2 hours away. Dealership stated that they checked my driveshaft and said it was better than GM's spec but is hard to believe anything they say. I think no one is saying much right now because most people are probably in a holding patterning waiting for the dealerships to call them back. I'm currently waiting for new tires, AGAIN. This time is suppose to be different, they are putting on Michelins. I doubt its going to change anything but I still want to have some hope deep down. I will be showing them the videos of the axel flange and driveshaft and will be talking to the owner of the dealership to have them check it. I would like to be there when they are taking their measurements but idk if that will be possible.

Pretty much. I'm giving up on this soon. Tired of worrying about it. Soon as I can I'll get a other truck and never look at a GM product again.

That's what I did. Traded an 2016 Sierra ltz on a 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock. Took a small bath but at least I'm riding around smiling instaed of frowning

I still can't believe nobody is having the Driveshaft checked or the outter edge of the axle flange. There are videos of these two components clearly out of wack, at least show the videos to the service managers after all they are not going to invest time on this because they won't get paid for it. I took it upon my self to take my driveshaft out to have it checked and I will be checking the axle flange to just for curiosity.

RT

I did exactly that. Driveshaft was slightly out of balance. They fixed it and still vibrates.

Checked axle flange too?

RT

How would I check that? My dad and I rotated both rear tires while on the truck and they were spinning true. We put a dial gauge on the edge of both tires and had zero readings on the gauge. They were spinning true. I would think if it was the axle flange then my tire wouldn't be spinning true and the dial indicator would show a reading. Edited by EspoMan

Great news at 51000 miles!

I am getting cyclic vibrations in V4. Feels like torque converter shudder. Most noticeable on long down hill grades with cruise on 71 and in V4, every 9 to 10 seconds I get a very noticeable vibration for 2 to 4 seconds then repeat until it shifts into V6.

My shifting in normal driving is erratic, feels like a dead spot in 2nd gear, engine revs peaks revs a little more and drops, and I mean drops into 3rd gear. There seems to be little throttle response in low RPM, really need to push down on the throttle to get moving then it wants to drop down a gear. City driving is stupid when cruising in 5th or 6th gear going 25, I can't put enough light throttle to get it going to 35, it has to downshift.

I am seeing and hearing some RPM changes when throttle position does not change.

The vehicle check engine light is not on, are there deep codes that will not throw the light but will be found with OBD scan?

Anyone want to guess what dealer will tell me next week?

My guess is "normal".

Edited by 14silverado4.3