Trust me, i never thought I'd be driving a Toyota. I used to call everyone who drove one a communist lol

Yeah if I wasn't taking a gigantic hit, I'd buy a Tundra tomorrow. Edited by EspoMan

But that is yet another factor that won't get fleshed out when you take it to service. If they cared just a tad, we'd see a reasonable resolution to this topic.

Sent from my OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

I'm not so sure that GM doesn't care. They've probably learned that a voluntary solution is far less expensive than a government mandated one, i.e., the recent ignition key fiasco. Vibration and shake is an effect and not a cause. So, there may not be a single cause linked to the exhibited effect (vibration/shake). Additionally, the size or magnitude is undetermined. This particular thread is 673 pages or about 5,000 posts of which there are multiple posts consisting of several hundred by many of us. So, when sliced and diced that not a very large population. Then, its compounded by a plethora (whole bunch) of theories about what the root cause may be. So, I think hard data is what's needed on this.

Btw, before some of you unload on me, I am not a GM mole or operative. When GM took bankruptcy one of my money market funds In my 401K took a $50K hit when GM common stock turned to dirt. Was a sizeable sum for me. I would have much preferred for GM reorganize, unload unprofitable products, streamline, etc, without the government getting involved. If GM had done the same as Ford it would be much stronger today and regular folks who held common stock, such as myself would have remained whole. Just saying :)

You make good sense Snoringbear. And I agree, The gov should have let GM be, instead of helping its way to Government Motors LOL.

You're right too when you say there may be or are more than one root or proximate cause/s of the vibration. Regardless, the problem with the fix is that GM seems to dictate to the dealers (at least my dealer) that they force the customer to return numerous times to address the issue. Make it as much of a pain in the ass as possible and hope the customer gets disgusted and just goes away? During my 1st dealer visit the service dept said they checked the balance on the tires, checked suspension and steering, and all is ok. This took them 2 hours. They then told me to drive it home and let them know if there are any more problems IE...they blew me off. Few weeks later I dropped the truck off for visit no. 2 and when I picked the truck up a tech and the service manager had put about 20 miles on the truck, and Mr. service manager tried to tell me the tread on my Dueler's was aggressive and therefore causing the vibration, and there was nothing they could do about it... oh really? So after a pointed but friendly conversation service manager said drive it another 1,000 miles (to 2,500 miles on the clock) and if that does not "wear the tires in" they will switch tires/rims with another truck to see if that cures the problem. They know it's not tire treads and the fact that they're suggesting that is simply an indication that they/GM are not honest, concerned, liars, or, they simply believe the customer is stupid. My guess would be all of the above.

I expect there are allot more '14 - '17 GM truck owners with the vibration issue than those who participate on this site. The % of trucks that have the vibration issue is not known, to us. But I'd bet GM has a pretty good/close idea of the percentage.

Member JesseD attempted to get a class action suit going on this but because no one was getting killed due to the vibration (that we know of), lawyers he spoke with didn't want to get involved....not worth the $$ to them. I would have no idea how to approach this, but I believe it could be helpful to GM customers if the national media was advised and involved in the issue and maybe rattled a few sabre's. Maybe if the word got out that we were paying 35K to 65K for trucks that rattled our fillings out, GM would sit up and take notice. And, it would give the lame stream media something to report on other than the current/usual drivel the spew on a daily basis LOL.

You make good sense Snoringbear. And I agree, The gov should have let GM be, instead of helping its way to Government Motors LOL.

You're right too when you say there may be or are more than one root or proximate cause/s of the vibration. Regardless, the problem with the fix is that GM seems to dictate to the dealers (at least my dealer) that they force the customer to return numerous times to address the issue. Make it as much of a pain in the ass as possible and hope the customer gets disgusted and just goes away? During my 1st dealer visit the service dept said they checked the balance on the tires, checked suspension and steering, and all is ok. This took them 2 hours. They then told me to drive it home and let them know if there are any more problems IE...they blew me off. Few weeks later I dropped the truck off for visit no. 2 and when I picked the truck up a tech and the service manager had put about 20 miles on the truck, and Mr. service manager tried to tell me the tread on my Dueler's was aggressive and therefore causing the vibration, and there was nothing they could do about it... oh really? So after a pointed but friendly conversation service manager said drive it another 1,000 miles (to 2,500 miles on the clock) and if that does not "wear the tires in" they will switch tires/rims with another truck to see if that cures the problem. They know it's not tire treads and the fact that they're suggesting that is simply an indication that they/GM are not honest, concerned, liars, or, they simply believe the customer is stupid. My guess would be all of the above.

I expect there are allot more '14 - '17 GM truck owners with the vibration issue than those who participate on this site. The % of trucks that have the vibration issue is not known, to us. But I'd bet GM has a pretty good/close idea of the percentage.

Member JesseD attempted to get a class action suit going on this but because no one was getting killed due to the vibration (that we know of), lawyers he spoke with didn't want to get involved....not worth the $$ to them. I would have no idea how to approach this, but I believe it could be helpful to GM customers if the national media was advised and involved in the issue and maybe rattled a few sabre's. Maybe if the word got out that we were paying 35K to 65K for trucks that rattled our fillings out, GM would sit up and take notice. And, it would give the lame stream media something to report on other than the current/usual drivel the spew on a daily basis LOL.

I feel your pain willyone. And, I agree that GM does indeed have a pretty close idea concerning the order of magnitude which I'm guessing is a very small number. Btw, using this thread as a measure of the size of the problem is kinda like sitting in a urologist's waiting room with a bunch of old men and upon asking what each other's problem may be concluding that every male in the U.S. has a prostate problem. Btw, I thought this up by myself! Pretty clever huh? Well, maybe not, haha :) !

• Like 1

I feel your pain willyone. And, I agree that GM does indeed have a pretty close idea concerning the order of magnitude which I'm guessing is a very small number. Btw, using this thread as a measure of the size of the problem is kinda like sitting in a urologist's waiting room with a bunch of old men and upon asking what each other's problem may be concluding that every male in the U.S. has a prostate problem. Btw, I thought this up by myself! Pretty clever huh? Well, maybe not, haha :) !

Yessir.... yer about as clever as a rubber crutch.... now, clever or not, I just made that one up LOL :fart:

As you can see by reading my previous post, Mr. service manager was more clever than either of us, or so he thought when he said Dueler treads are aggressive and causing my new Chebby to vibrate?!? Sherrrr they is LMAO.

I hope in the future that shit service from GM ain't the new normal :help:

Yessir.... yer about as clever as a rubber crutch.... now, clever or not, I just made that one up LOL :fart:

As you can see by reading my previous post, Mr. service manager was more clever than either of us, or so he thought when he said Dueler treads are aggressive and causing my new Chebby to vibrate?!? Sherrrr they is LMAO.

I hope in the future that shit service from GM ain't the new normal :help:

Well played, advantage Willyone as they say in tennis. Hang in there, hopefully help is in the way :)