Well everyone, I can finally say that my time with the 2015 Chevy Silverado has come to a close. I completed the paperwork today and picked up the 2017 GMC Sierra Denali, great to see you again Bill, funny how you were at the dealership next door. (Yes the mirrors are folded in)

EDIT: pics are up

Huge congrats JesseD!! Look'n good :thumbs: Best of luck with the new ride.

Edited by Willyone
  • Like 1

Well everyone, I can finally say that my time with the 2015 Chevy Silverado has come to a close. I completed the paperwork today and picked up the 2017 GMC Sierra Denali, great to see you again Bill, funny how you were at the dealership next door. (Yes the mirrors are folded in)

EDIT: pics are up

So does the new 2017 shake???

• Like 1

My drive shafts have been checked and the runout is at or below GM spec. Spoke with the dealership and again will be having a GM engineer probably look at it soon. When I did visit a driveshaft shop he did mention that sometimes brake can hang up and cause vibration similar to tires being out of balance. Has anyone heard of anything like this? I've read the thread in almost its entirety and I don't recall this coming up. I have noticed that my vibrations can be worse when driving around all day but if the truck sits for a day or so the vibrations aren't as bad initially until the truck warms up (made this observation recently after starting to really track when I'm having problems). As mentioned time and time again my vibrations are worse between 40-55 mph and 75+, but the truck is almost never completely smooth. Only speed that I would say it is 100% normal is at 60-65

New to the forum. I bought a shaker! uhhh

I bought a 2016 crew cab 4x4 5.3 6 speed 5.5 bed sierra. It vibrated as soon as I got on the highway (10 miles on odo). I brought it back the next day and they replaced a tire and then said the vibration is within spec. I noticed it still vibrates at highway speed, but I'm rarely on the highway. I replaced the rims and tires with a winter setup and the vibration is exactly the same, so its not the tires

I went on a 600 mile highway trip last week and the vibration comes and goes at around 70mph+. Back to the shop it goes. I wouldn't have bought this truck if I test drove it on the highway. I can't believe gm would sell a truck that rides like this and the service dept says its ok! luckily I got it during the 20% off sale on labor day, so if it comes down to trading it in I wont take a huge bath

Edited by NateM

My drive shafts have been checked and the runout is at or below GM spec. Spoke with the dealership and again will be having a GM engineer probably look at it soon. When I did visit a driveshaft shop he did mention that sometimes brake can hang up and cause vibration similar to tires being out of balance. Has anyone heard of anything like this? I've read the thread in almost its entirety and I don't recall this coming up. I have noticed that my vibrations can be worse when driving around all day but if the truck sits for a day or so the vibrations aren't as bad initially until the truck warms up (made this observation recently after starting to really track when I'm having problems). As mentioned time and time again my vibrations are worse between 40-55 mph and 75+, but the truck is almost never completely smooth. Only speed that I would say it is 100% normal is at 60-65

That's about the exact same way that my '16 Z71 Silverado is acting. Must be a NY thing LOL. I'll be contacting the dealer again next week and set up visit number 3. What a bunch of bullshit. Thank you GM....