I know the cuts are not the best, I can clean that up later but just wanted to see what would happen. It fixed mine. Those panels are really flimsy out at the edges. They are also close to the frame so when the air is just right they can start vibrating and tapping the frame of the truck. Frustrating that this was such a simple fix. :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's going to be a lot of people hacking skid plates in the near future..

Lol u got that right! Starting tonight!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Add another 2014 Silverado 5.3L to the list of vibrations. Picked it up from the dealership early evening on 2 April. On the way home the TPMS went out. I stopped by the dealership on 3 April on my way out of Houston to go to Detroit for a job. The techs there did a reset on the TPMS and I was on my way. As soon as I got up to 65 to 70 mph the vibrations started. After driving for 10 hours I stopped for the night but my legs felt like they were still vibrating for a couple of more hours. The next day I experienced the same vibrations regardless of road surface. I use my cruise control a lot and that did not seem to make any difference. I could sit there driving and look over at the passenger seat and see the back of the passenger seat vibrate. I can feel the vibration in the steering and any other part of the truck I touch. I do not believe it is an alignment problem cause I can let go of the steering wheel at 70mph and the truck stays true.

Add another 2014 Silverado 5.3L to the list of vibrations. Picked it up from the dealership early evening on 2 April. On the way home the TPMS went out. I stopped by the dealership on 3 April on my way out of Houston to go to Detroit for a job. The techs there did a reset on the TPMS and I was on my way. As soon as I got up to 65 to 70 mph the vibrations started. After driving for 10 hours I stopped for the night but my legs felt like they were still vibrating for a couple of more hours. The next day I experienced the same vibrations regardless of road surface. I use my cruise control a lot and that did not seem to make any difference. I could sit there driving and look over at the passenger seat and see the back of the passenger seat vibrate. I can feel the vibration in the steering and any other part of the truck I touch. I do not believe it is an alignment problem cause I can let go of the steering wheel at 70mph and the truck stays true.

Start with vibration dampeners and Michelins. Also driveline balance would help too.

Misalignment very seldom causes vibration issues provided tires are good and properly balanced. Only in some extreme misalignment cases it could cause some vibraiton, but you would experience all sort of other alignment related problems as well.

Ok guys I finally found a solution to mine. While using a leaf blower to clean out my garage I thought I would blow under the truck to see if any of the panels were vibrating. To my instant amazement the panels were flopping back and forth or "vibrating". So I cut the most furthest extremes of each side of the plastic skid plate on both the front and bottom sides off (the most flimsy) and took her for a drive. Guys: SMOOTH AS SILK!!! This answers the riddle of why sometimes and not others. Head winds, cross winds, behind other vehicles, etc. would all play a factor in the randomness of this issue. I took it for a 10 mile drive but I've never drove 10 miles before without vibration. I believe I have solved the problem. (At least on mine). So my double cab was probably fine if they would have cut the panels out. Oh well, I now have a 2014 Crew with the All Terrain package and I am just happy I don't have that damn vibration anymore! Hope this helps all of you! Holy sh@t! Where's the Tylenol? :-)

You should do this test on all other truck parts. Maybe the frame will vibrate too when you blow air from your leaf blower on it. :lol:

It seems appropriate that GM should change the advertising slogan for these trucks from "Like a Rock" to "Like a Noodle".

• Like 1

Ok guys I finally found a solution to mine. While using a leaf blower to clean out my garage I thought I would blow under the truck to see if any of the panels were vibrating. To my instant amazement the panels were flopping back and forth or "vibrating". So I cut the most furthest extremes of each side of the plastic skid plate on both the front and bottom sides off (the most flimsy) and took her for a drive. Guys: SMOOTH AS SILK!!! This answers the riddle of why sometimes and not others. Head winds, cross winds, behind other vehicles, etc. would all play a factor in the randomness of this issue. I took it for a 10 mile drive but I've never drove 10 miles before without vibration. I believe I have solved the problem. (At least on mine). So my double cab was probably fine if they would have cut the panels out. Oh well, I now have a 2014 Crew with the All Terrain package and I am just happy I don't have that damn vibration anymore! Hope this helps all of you! Holy sh@t! Where's the Tylenol? :-)

NICE FIND!! I think your definitely on to something!! I just checked mine, that thing is very flimsy...that would explain the vibrations that happen only sometimes...and literally depending on which way the wind blows....i have to say my ride, especially at high speed has smoothed out with the Michelins but sometimes there is an unexplained vibration that comes and goes, its much more pronounced on windy days...its def not tire related I can tell you that...