For sure. Also, all you cold weather dudes and dudettes who live up there where your roads are salted and drive Tundras should be aware of the recent rusting frame recall. Don't know how they're going to do that. Should be interesting.

Well at least they are admitting there is a problem and are trying to fix it lol

Wasn't that frame issue fixed years ago?

I remember passing the local yota dealership a few years back and there were stacks and stacks of new frames for the Tacomas, I guess they had corrosion issues as well

Yes, the tacos did, but I thought the Tundra did as well. I guess they fixed the taco and not the Tundra?

I know someone who bought one of the Tacos with the frame corrossion issue. He bought it used for 11k, and one day he went in for a different warranty service, the dealer called him and said something along the lines of "Toyota is telling us ask if we can pull your truck from the road because they are so back logged on replacement frames. If you're willing, we are being told to cut you a check for your full purchase price and Toyota is going to put you in a loaner for a couple weeks until you find a new vehicle. We are very sorry this happened."

Talk about customer service and responsibility

Edited by Jesse D
  • Like 1

I remember passing the local yota dealership a few years back and there were stacks and stacks of new frames for the Tacomas, I guess they had corrosion issues as well

They did. I found the article.

http://www.carprousa.com/toyota-agrees-to-3-4-billion-truck-rust-settlement

• Like 1

Fine with me. I have 3.42 with no trailer brake. Let's agree it's 3.42 or better.

Sent from my OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

Trailer brake controller is not related to the rear end ratio. The only trucks that have a 3.73 rear end and 5.3L engine have a special Max Tow package. They have a bigger rear end 9.76" versus the the 9.5". AAM only cuts 3.73 gear sets for the 9.76" rear on the new 12 bolt rears. All trucks with the 5.3 and max tow will also have the factory tow mirrors as they are part of the max tow package as well. My understanding is all 6.2L will also have the 9.76 rear but with a 3.42 unless they have the max tow package as well. Long story short the 3.73 gear set is only available for the 9.76 rear and only on trucks with Max tow package.

• Like 1

My 2014 Silverado Z71, 4.3L V6 has a vibration at 30MPH, 40MPH and 50MPH.. It comes and goes.. I have put the speed control on as soon as I feel it and the vibration will continue for a bit and then disappear. If I accelerate or decelerate 1-2MPH the vibration goes away.

The one thing I did notice is that the RPM's when I start to feel the vibration for all 3 speeds is consistently around 1200 rpm.

The truck was fine until I took it in for a service update 2 weeks ago.. Does this make sense to anyone??

Almost feel like it is some type of shift point problem..

Blizz

Hey all. Questions for you folks regarding the issues. Currently own a 06 Denali XL with a 104K on it. Looking to trade-in and have the following 3 rigs in mind:

2017 Silverado K1500 LTZ Z71 Midnight Edition

2016 or 2017 Suburban LTZ or Premier (2017)

2016 Denali XL

Do you guys know if these models/trims are reporting these same issues? Would I be able to tell from a test drive?

There's simply nothing else out there currently that interests us, but I'd be pretty upset spending $50-70K and run into these issues. I've also heard rumors of issues with the new 5.3 Ecotec3 engines, but that's a thread for another day. Thanks in advance for any replies or advice.

Hey all. Questions for you folks regarding the issues. Currently own a 06 Denali XL with a 104K on it. Looking to trade-in and have the following 3 rigs in mind:

2017 Silverado K1500 LTZ Z71 Midnight Edition

2016 or 2017 Suburban LTZ or Premier (2017)

2016 Denali XL

Do you guys know if these models/trims are reporting these same issues? Would I be able to tell from a test drive?

There's simply nothing else out there currently that interests us, but I'd be pretty upset spending $50-70K and run into these issues. I've also heard rumors of issues with the new 5.3 Ecotec3 engines, but that's a thread for another day. Thanks in advance for any replies or advice.

I'd get another truck if I were you. At this point I couldn't recommend these trucks to anyone. Only got 4K on my truck and its been to the shop 4 times for shaking/vibration issues.

Get a Toyota or Titan

• Like 1

Dad rode with me this weekend, mentioned he felt vibration constantly. I know there is still slight vibe in the truck, nothing I can't live with. Then we started talking about getting a gooseneck to haul all of our quads and SxS's so that would require a bigger truck, hmmmm... lol

• Like 1

I'd get another truck if I were you. At this point I couldn't recommend these trucks to anyone. Only got 4K on my truck and its been to the shop 4 times for shaking/vibration issues.

Get a Toyota or Titan

So I take it it's been confirmed the 2017's are still exhibiting these issues?

So bummed to hear this. I am just not a fan of the looks of any of the competition. We have 3 kids and also regularly tow a boat, so space, comfort and a reliable tow rig is important.

Edited by brucemac

So I take it it's been confirmed the 2017's are still exhibiting these issues?

So bummed to hear this. I am just not a fan of the looks of any of the competition. We have 3 kids and also regularly tow a boat, so space, comfort and a reliable tow rig is important.

Get a 2500HD if you must have a GM truck. Less likely to have the shake.