HERE is the 10,006........................Fresh off the F150 site!I am having similar issues with my 2016 Platinum. However, they are much worse in sport and towing modes. Ford has stated that these are normal operating characteristics and that it is my driving style that is causing the issues. A co-worker of mine blew his rear differential at 800 miles. He and I also have vibrating in the drive shaft and steering wheel with humming coming from the transmissions. We bought our transmissions in different states and nearly six months apart. There is a much larger issue here and Ford is obviously trying to cover it up.

Nooooo!!!! Say it ain't so!!!! Ford F-150 "with similar problems"? Can not be :) ...

• Like 1

but but but.. Fords are supposed to treat people better.. they don't have issues like this.. It's a Ford... Its a true blue american truck! Fords are better than Chevy! They have to be! We don't have shake issues, we have a cool little turbocharged engine!

• Like 2

It's not, go read the thread lol

2015 F150 3.5EB rough shifting

Greetings.

New to the forum, new to Ford. Bought my first one last August. 2015 F150 XLT.

I've noticed an issue when cruising along under very light acceleration (just cruising) and you feather on the gas for a slight hill etc. Any other vehicle it's never been an issue. With this one, I often notice a clunk (hard shift)as it shifts from day 5 to 4 or 4 to 3. Sometimes it really sounds loaded down and I have to hit the gas harder even though I don't want to accelerate, just maintain speed. Interstate off ramps with a 180 are the worst.

It seems to drive much better if I use sport mode or tow mode.

Maybe unrelated but it seems like it takes a while to shift from 4 to 1 or 3 to 1 when at a stop sign. I have to consciously have to wait until it downshifts. An extra 1-2 seconds after I would normally go. If I don't, again it loads down or clunks.

It seems like in regular mode it is trying too hard to maintain lower RPMs.

I did go to the dealer and got a TSB updated. It does seem better (25-40ish) but still seems not quite right.

Any suggestions? TIA

FWIW, dealership re-applied the TSB because they said there was an update. My shifting problems (low acceleration, slow to downshift at corners stop signs etc ) are gone. It's awesome.

It is possible the first time when they applied it they didn't download the latest map. That was part of the TSB instructions. Or if they did maybe there really was another update to the map. Dunno.

Now just have the occasional rough shifting between gears and I'm all sorted out!!
Edited by C6Bill
  • Like 1

Nooooo!!!! Say it ain't so!!!! Ford F-150 "with similar problems"? Can not be :) ...

It's not, go read the thread lol

trans clunk, not a constant shake when driving. Carry on everyone.

Hi Bill, thanks for clarifying it

Edited by Jesse D

Update 2

As some of you know, I have a shake/vibration issues between 70-82mph, where the entire center console shakes pretty bad. I also had vibrations under my driver's seat.

I had my truck at a driveline shop yesterday and they confirmed my driveshaft was out of balance. They also said there was minor run-out but not bad enough to where he felt it would create issues. They fixed the balance issues and reinstalled the driveshaft for $70 out the door.

Well today I had a lot of time to test the truck. I took her on a 25 mile test drive on open roads. The seat vibration is practically gone, I'd say 98% gone if I had to give it a number.

Now the bad news. The center console still shakes pretty bad between 70-82mph, especially on good roads.

My guess at this point is the tires. I'll go for visit 4 at the dealership soon. I don't have much hope that they'll actually fix it.

Update 2

As some of you know, I have a shake/vibration issues between 70-82mph, where the entire center console shakes pretty bad. I also had vibrations under my driver's seat.

I had my truck at a driveline shop yesterday and they confirmed my driveshaft was out of balance. They also said there was minor run-out but not bad enough to where he felt it would create issues. They fixed the balance issues and reinstalled the driveshaft for $70 out the door.

Well today I had a lot of time to test the truck. I took her on a 25 mile test drive on open roads. The seat vibration is practically gone, I'd say 98% gone if I had to give it a number.

Now the bad news. The center console still shakes pretty bad between 70-82mph, especially on good roads.

My guess at this point is the tires. I'll go for visit 4 at the dealership soon. I don't have much hope that they'll actually fix it.

Keep hope alive. I'm probably going to take the loss on a trade. I have better things to do than figure out a multi-billion dollar company's engineering shortcomings. Great looking truck, nice tech, but it's been a poor experience.

Keep hope alive. I'm probably going to take the loss on a trade. I have better things to do than figure out a multi-billion dollar company's engineering shortcomings. Great looking truck, nice tech, but it's been a poor experience.

If I could I would. I took a big hit trading in my 2013 ford edge for this truck. My Edge was having tons of issues. Traded it in for another car with issues. Great luck right ??

But those Honda Civic's with the paint peeling off the hood, now that's the same issue right lol

For sure. Also, all you cold weather dudes and dudettes who live up there where your roads are salted and drive Tundras should be aware of the recent rusting frame recall. Don't know how they're going to do that. Should be interesting.

Today, Toyota has recalled 110,000 1st generation Toyota Tundras due to frame rust concerns. Specifically, this recall requires dealers to inspect the rear cross member and rear brake line mounts on 2000-2003 Tundras for significant rust. If dealers find that the frame’s rear cross member or brake line mount has significant rust, the corroded parts will be replaced as soon as possible.

Well at least they are admitting there is a problem and are trying to fix it lol

• Like 2

Well at least they are admitting there is a problem and are trying to fix it lol

No argument here. My wife drives a 2007 Avalon Limited and I can't pry her out of it, she lived that car. It's had two recalls in it. The supposedly sticking gas throttle which was actually caused by people to stupid to replace their drivers side floor mat after cleaning their car, mat would be flipped on top of the pedals. Others was a dash boars replacement, did it on my wife's car about six months ago, car was 9 years old. The problem with getting a recall established on this shaking/vibration issue is that it can't be attributed to a single cause. If you read through these 670 pages you wind virtually every part or component blamed except maybe the lug nuts.