A service advisor is for sure not gong to admit to any problems of any vehicle. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The same service advisor that told me this in the same sentence told me that no problems with the 2014 trucks but they are having problems with the 2015 Tahoe. Some of the Tahoe's have oversized drive shafts and they are replacing the 5" drive shafts with 4" shafts because of the vibration.

Maybe I should have had asked him if he was having trouble with the Tahoe's and he would have told me about the Silverado's.

I have driven almost every Silverado crew 4x4 standard bed my dealer has to find one. They All do it the earliest build was 2/14 still did it. So I drove the 2500 and it's good so I am going to get the new 2500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The same service advisor that told me this in the same sentence told me that no problems with the 2014 trucks but they are having problems with the 2015 Tahoe. Some of the Tahoe's have oversized drive shafts and they are replacing the 5" drive shafts with 4" shafts because of the vibration.

Maybe I should have had asked him if he was having trouble with the Tahoe's and he would have told me about the Silverado's.

And I thought that only the sticker prices on them were oversized.

I have driven almost every Silverado crew 4x4 standard bed my dealer has to find one. They All do it the earliest build was 2/14 still did it. So I drove the 2500 and it's good so I am going to get the new 2500

So they r switching your 1500 for a 2500?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Add me to the list with the vibration at 65 mph.

(I may have some of the other issues as well--but have been too mesmerized by the highway vibration to really focus on the others.) Based on what I've read here, I don't think mine is quite as bad as some. But it's so subtle and constant at about 60 to 75 mph that it absolutely drives me nuts! Especially if I'm alone in the truck!

On February 28, 2014, I bought a 2014 Silverado CC Z71 LTZ Short Box, 5.3, 3.08 rear axle, leather, has the 'jumpseat'/front center console, 18" aluminum wheels with the Goodyears.

I test drove 3-4 configurations over the month of February while looking for the set up that I wanted--which the dealer happened to get just before the end of the month. I don't think I ever exceeded 65 during any test drive. The first time I drove the unit I bought was off the lot and home--didn't think I'd need to test a new truck with a $48k sticker price. Live and learn.

Noticed the rhythmic, hypnotic vibration immediately after I got on the highway for the first time (took the truck on a 200-mile round-trip drive.) At first I thought it might be the road, but it's not. It's constant on any road at speeds from 62-75; and at various other times and speeds. (I have felt other clunks and 'misses', etc., at slower speeds--which I'd attribute to the transmission and the auto-cylinder-switching system. But like I said--I've usually been so fixated on the annoying vibration that I can't focus on anything else.

Stopped in and had the Service Manager drive it--he felt it; he immediately said it was probably the tires; and didn't mention knowing about problems with any other trucks. Made an appointment for later and their shop swapped out the tires/wheels from another one on the lot--and decided one of my tires was out of balance. They 'fixed' it, declared it good, and off I went.

It didn't take too long to figure out it was still there.

Went to the dealership a few times to make arrangements for a lease return. Mentioned the vibration to the dealership's General Manager, the fact that it wasn't solved. (Also that the MyLink screen didn't come one time when I started the truck--but I figured that was a software issue that would be solved with future updates.)

At some point shortly thereafter, I ran into a buddy that got a similar truck and had had it for about a week. His company leases it for him, along with 5-8 others for coworkers. I told him I might be having buyer's remorse. He immediately began telling me about the vibration--especially in his truck, but also in all the others. They all had 10k or 12K or more miles on them and they all vibrate he said. He also said they all have wind noise to the point that his guys were trying to stuff towels, etc., into the doors to get it to stop.

Returned to the dealership on March 25th to return the leased car. Finance Guy that processed the return was very busy and I had to wait awhile. Ended up talking to the salesman that sold me the truck for a long time. Was vehement in telling him all I 'learned' about the all-new Silverado--what I found in these forums, and what my buddy had told me about all their trucks.

There happened to be a Corporate Chevy guy at the dealership. While I was there, I was on and off the phone and the salesman must've asked a service guy if he knew anything. Service Guy came up and talked to me and told me that he had gone back and asked the specific tech that did the work about it; he also said he mentioned it to Corporate Guy. He was telling me the tech said balancing the tire "made it better," but something was still there. Corporate Guy approached us but never said anything to me--not hello, or anything about the issue with the truck. Corporate Guy said something to Service Guy and jumped in a 2015 Tahoe and took off. I don't remember what he said because I was irked that the service dept. would send me off telling me it was okay when they knew it wasn't. Fortunately (maybe) the salesman also mentioned to me that "better" was not good enough.

Anyway--before I left, I told the salesman (who did seem genuinely concerned) that I wasn't about to leave a brand-new truck at the dealership for them to guess at and tinker with. They could do some legwork--but I'm driving it until they know more.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

You're exactly right! I saw GM customer service all the time on these forums trying to help...

"Used to see" you meant to say, as it pertains to this vibration post...they seem to avoid engaging anyone recently on the vibration issue. Strange as it has to be one of the longest posts on the trouble list, with the most views. Oh we'll maybe if they ignore it long enough it will go away! No chance of that happening those of us w/ the problem know too well.

You're exactly right! I saw GM customer service all the time on these forums trying to help...

"Used to see" you meant to say, as it pertains to this vibration post...they seem to avoid engaging anyone recently on the vibration issue. Strange as it has to be one of the longest posts on the trouble list, with the most views. Oh we'll maybe if they ignore it long enough it will go away! No chance of that happening those of us w/ the problem know too well.

Yes thank u for correcting me my bad. This won't go away until they buy back all of these which we all know won't happen.

Don't waste your time with the GM help here. After not calling me twice as promised and having to hunt them down they told me that the dealership said it was normal and that they stand by the dealers! End of story nothing more they were going to do. So the help is all for show

I don't have a shake at any speed but I towed my travel trailer for the first time yesterday and noticed under hard acceleration on hills or when staking off from a stop when I put the peddle to the floor there is a vibration. It only does it at high rpms when I am working the motor hard. It doesn't do it with out the trailer under any circumstances though. It's almost like I am working the motor to hard or something. The truck only has 400 miles on it and my travel trailer weighs 5,500 pounds. I was driving and towing with a duramax before so maybe I am just not used to the way the gas motor tows, but it sure doesn't seam very smooth running when it does it. Does this sound like an issue I should take to the dealer? I would need to have my travel trailer hooked up to demonstrate the issue.

Also my steering wheel is not centered properly but the said give it a few thousand miles for all the suspension components to settle in. The alignment is straight just the offset steering wheel, it's driving me nuts.

Also my steering wheel is not centered properly but the said give it a few thousand miles for all the suspension components to settle in. The alignment is straight just the offset steering wheel, it's driving me nuts.

What nonsense. Suspension settling in? Take it in and ask them to straighten the steering wheel. All they have to do is lock it in place straight and adjust the toe setting on the front wheels with the steering wheel straight. Very simple and easy to do on an alignment machine.

What nonsense. Suspension settling in? Take it in and ask them to straighten the steering wheel. All they have to do is lock it in place straight and adjust the toe setting on the front wheels with the steering wheel straight. Very simple and easy to do on an alignment machine.

Agree. sort of. Along with new tires and shocks on a new truck, I take it to a good independent front end shop and have the alignment checked. Was off some on my 09 SLT. You can use the dealer if it has a good service alignment set up. Blessed with a good shop here in San Antonio. I would try to find the old school that just checks the front end. Note that when I did this on my 90 GMC sub they found body to frame bolts/nuts loose.

Ok guys I finally found a solution to mine. While using a leaf blower to clean out my garage I thought I would blow under the truck to see if any of the panels were vibrating. To my instant amazement the panels were flopping back and forth or "vibrating". So I cut the most furthest extremes of each side of the plastic skid plate on both the front and bottom sides off (the most flimsy) and took her for a drive. Guys: SMOOTH AS SILK!!! This answers the riddle of why sometimes and not others. Head winds, cross winds, behind other vehicles, etc. would all play a factor in the randomness of this issue. I took it for a 10 mile drive but I've never drove 10 miles before without vibration. I believe I have solved the problem. (At least on mine). So my double cab was probably fine if they would have cut the panels out. Oh well, I now have a 2014 Crew with the All Terrain package and I am just happy I don't have that damn vibration anymore! Hope this helps all of you! Holy sh@t! Where's the Tylenol? :-)

• Like 1