Some dealerships have equipment to hook to a truck to measure vibration and pin point where it is coming from.

If your dealer does not have the equipment or expertise ask if they can send you to a dealer that does.

Yes. They did hook up the machine to pin point the vibration. The frequency of vibration indicates a tire issue. Changed tires and force and match balance. The did not change anything. The truck just rides smoother. But vibration still there.

Since it is pinpointing the tires, it seems to me that it is easily eliminated. Have the dealer find a truck on lot that isn't vibrating. Do a tire swap and see what the tires do on the opposite vehicle. Tires eliminated and then they can go to the next step. I am surprised that so many post here that the dealer changed tires several times trying to resolve the issue. You can swap tires easier than you can mount new ones.

I drove a demo 2014 for a month and it drove great, then bought two 2014's. I have had several loaners while one of the new ones was in the shop. I drove several demos to compare. In all about 7 trucks and 2 had the vibration bad enough to worry about. I am in a loaner 2014 now and it drives very smooth and no vibration at all.

Actually when I was trying to prove it wasn't the tires it was random chance that I ended up with a truck that drove smooth.

The device used to detect vibrations is called EVA. (Don't know what that stands for but I would guess Electronic Vibration Assessment?)

I wanted to share with where I am at. I am completing the buy back of my 2014 double cab for a crew. Double had the 3:08 and the crew has 3:42. I have found that having weight is the bed mitigates the vibration. I'm in the TV business and had a 70" Sharp laying across the whole bed... No vibration after driving 30 miles to the job site. This is telling me it's a hormonic vibration issue. I'm not certain but it points in that direction.

I am also in agreement with forming a group to have a louder voice that GM may hear. Since this issue is a is not a threat to life, it will most likely on deaf ears as most of us have found out.

I will continue to post any new findings. Thanks guys!

• Like 1

I was thinking, this may be a shot in the dark so.... Maybe with the bed of the truck being so thin and light in sheet metal, maybe the airflow at certain speeds is causing a vibration as if you only opened one of the 2 rear windows and the harmonics inside are way off... IDK maybe the TV in the bed offsets the air slightly and changes the harmonics/air flow? Nothing to do with weight though... My truck has a bed cover and my vibration was solely the shitty Goodyears. Maybe something to do with the flow of air under the vehicle? Take off the front air spoiler/dam and see if it changes? If GM can't figure something out rather than throw parts at trucks hoping to get lucky, we really have to help ourselves in this situation.

I think they can skirt the lemon law by stating that there are a lot of trucks out there that are within spec. A lemon would be one that is one bastard child and can't be fixed. Except now there are thousands of bastard children.

I have a bed cover on my truck and new tires completely solved my vibration. Food for thought.

I tried that. Cover had nothing to do with it. Tires tires tires. Put your cover back on so the groceries don't get wet.

The device used to detect vibrations is called EVA. (Don't know what that stands for but I would guess Electronic Vibration Assessment?)

I wanted to share with where I am at. I am completing the buy back of my 2014 double cab for a crew. Double had the 3:08 and the crew has 3:42. I have found that having weight is the bed mitigates the vibration. I'm in the TV business and had a 70" Sharp laying across the whole bed... No vibration after driving 30 miles to the job site. This is telling me it's a hormonic vibration issue. I'm not certain but it points in that direction.

I am also in agreement with forming a group to have a louder voice that GM may hear. Since this issue is a is not a threat to life, it will most likely on deaf ears as most of us have found out.

I will continue to post any new findings. Thanks guys!

I think you are correct in your assessment, "harmonic vibration" based on the experience I have had, and feedback I have gotten from a dealer I am currently working with to try to resolve the vibration ( not the dealer I bought truck from). There has been a lot of good feedback on this forum and I will be sure to keep everyone posted on the outcome. Mine is 2014 6.2 sierra SLT crew cab with short bed, and z71. Dealer has a GM tech on staff and they are focused on exhaust system...more specifically the flapper valve in the exhaust. I will post more complete details as soon as they are done, including the dealer info and work done. GM is aware of this issue and they have been willing to work with this dealer to explore different angles. So at a minimum GM is not in denial. I think the big difference people are having in terms of response is predicated on the dealer and dealer service departments competence and relationship with GM. Fingers crossed.

When I got my 2008 an empty bed going down the freeways of Los Angeles was teeth rattling. My 99 21500 with a topper rode much nicer. I just happened to check the (blurry) rear view mirror and caught the top of the tailgate bouncing like a paint shaker. A 200lb topper and 200lb set of bed drawers and it rides completely different. I'm not saying that's what most of you are experiencing. But its something to look for.

I was chasing a vibe in my 99 and found pulling the front (4x4) drive shaft cured the vibe that I was getting when in 2wd at freeway speeds. Their is enough friction in the transfer case that the front shaft ends up turning even when in 2wd. Guys on this board chased similar vibe years ago.

So dealer tried to give me another truck yesterday. It shook worse than the one I have now so I didn't accept it. They said that's all they can do. Mine was built 11/13. The one they wanted to give me was built in 7/13

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

So dealer tried to give me another truck yesterday. It shook worse than the one I have now so I didn't accept it. They said that's all they can do. Mine was built 11/13. The one they wanted to give me was built in 7/13 Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Wow, that sucks...

So dealer tried to give me another truck yesterday. It shook worse than the one I have now so I didn't accept it. They said that's all they can do. Mine was built 11/13. The one they wanted to give me was built in 7/13 Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Wow, that sucks...

Sure does. Guess it will b lemon law eventually.

Received a call from the GM rep I was dealing with. They are saying it is characteristic of the truck to vibrate and they can't do anything for me wtf they have definitely lost a customer for life once I get rid of this POS