Mine was built in November. Just bought Range V8 to shut off the AFM. Will keep you posted when I plug it in.

Received my Range 8 To disable the AFM. Man it makes a difference. No bells no whistles no warning lights. Works great and well worth the money. I was told it voids the warranty. I tell them, so does running the noisy POS into a tree. This way nobody gets hurt. I now have my truck back and not a wussy wagon.

I have 5.3 w/ 3.42 with 1100 miles on it and have never felt any unuasual vibs. could that be anything?

I spend 1hr a day on highway at 70-85.

Never felt any vibrations? Yeah I'd call that being one of the lucky ones.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Idk what to do my dealer says they can't feel the vibration but its still clearly there Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

tell them to use the vibration tool they are supposed to have. it does not matter if they feel it or not. tell them to use their tools or find a dealer who has a service department with experience using the tool.

Idk what to do my dealer says they can't feel the vibration but its still clearly there Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

tell them to use the vibration tool they are supposed to have. it does not matter if they feel it or not. tell them to use their tools or find a dealer who has a service department with experience using the tool.

They put it on the tool the other day. Came back with 3 number 1 vibrations. Kept saying its a tire idk

I do know for a fact they have a new tool and it was held up over being developed and the software refined for frequencies involved in the Silverado line. GM replaced my truck because of delays in calibration, however it is my understanding that dealers should have these new tools now. I do not know if all dealers bought the new tool and calibrations but I do know it is out there. May also ask your dealer if they looked at the shear mounts on the cab - my neighbor had a random vibration and it turned out to be the shear mount was not assembled correctly.

From what the GM Engineer told me the tool indicates a frequency, they then take the frequencies they record and depending on the vehicle they have a guide to correct what those frequencies indicate. More or less it locates it and then they have a repair procedure to resolve it. My dealer had already ordered the new tool last fall but the tool was delayed and was awaiting final calibration from GM for the Silverado. My understanding however is the Engineers have the tool and some dealerships are receiving them. When my truck was diagnosed the time frame was undetermined but I have heard dealers are receiving them now.

From what the GM Engineer told me the tool indicates a frequency, they then take the frequencies they record and depending on the vehicle they have a guide to correct what those frequencies indicate. More or less it locates it and then they have a repair procedure to resolve it. My dealer had already ordered the new tool last fall but the tool was delayed and was awaiting final calibration from GM for the Silverado. My understanding however is the Engineers have the tool and some dealerships are receiving them. When my truck was diagnosed the time frame was undetermined but I have heard dealers are receiving them now.

I think my readings were around 20 hertz?? I could b wrong I'll check the papers out later once I get home

After properly inflating my tires (new one was at 20, rest were high 20's), the replaced tire seems to be helping quite a bit. It isnt perfect but it is much, much better. It is the Goodyears, gdad is spot on. Get the Michelins, I am holding out until they replace mine. I still get the weird little shimmies at odd speeds but nothing I cant live with compared to what I experienced.

I finally sense some hope.

After properly inflating my tires (new one was at 20, rest were high 20's), the replaced tire seems to be helping quite a bit. It isnt perfect but it is much, much better. It is the Goodyears, gdad is spot on. Get the Michelins, I am holding out until they replace mine. I still get the weird little shimmies at odd speeds but nothing I cant live with compared to what I experienced.

Mine had a tire road force over 40 and was replaced. My error was I only asked the dealer to check the rear tires and not the front as well at that time BC the vib was obviously in the rear. I almost had no vibes at all but after my first service, there's a vib again in the rear after the tire rotation. I have the LS2 20'S. I took it to the dealer and they went for a ride w me yesterday and now have an appt for a new tire again. Edited by 20Bowtie14

I feel that GM will just do a recall on the Good Years to put Michelins on. Expensive fix but better than pissing off loyal customers.

I find it amazing that GM has not officially admitted the vibration is an engineering fault, and come up with a solution given the growing chorus of owners of brand new trucks that have the symptoms. I have followed this post from the beginning, and feel strongly this is NOT a tire or wheel balancing issue...those issues only further exposé what is clearly a fault in the construction of the truck and or the systems the truck employs to reach the stated mpg, or noise reduction goals. This is a harmonic vibration which gets further exposed by any slightly out of round or out of balance tire. I too am dealing with the vibration, felt mostly from 72-80mph, or exactly the speed range for highway cruising. I have had not one but two road force balances with no sucess. Now that GM is in the headlines daily for the way they handled their ignition recalls, those of us experiencing this vibration issue, with no success from most dealers, or any official word from GM that it even exists, should consider pooling our collective opinions in a more official way and present them to GM publicly, and see if they respond. Otherwise, the Internet ( outside of this forum) is a powerful tool. Either way just posting my opinion, and suggesting given GM's current position they would be unwise to ignore a group of very unhappy owners of brad new trucks who have a collective voice.