I am having the exact same issues with what has been described on this thread of posts. I started out with a new double cab with the 3.08 rear end and now the dealership and I are working through a buy back on that truck and going to a crew cab with a 3.42 rear end. I thought it was better but it vibrates randomly at different speeds. I am getting very frustrated! Hoping a GM rep will see this post and reach out to me for assistance. The regional sales manager for GMC/Buick, Dan Broksieck was very combative and wanted to argue about my problem with the truck vs helping out. Told me to contact the BBB and proceed with a lemon law claim. I was stunned. The dealer has changed axles, rotors, wheels, tires, driveshafts and more without solving the problem. We have taken new trucks off the lot and experience the same vibration issues. I just don't know what to do at this point. $50k for a truck I don't want to drive isn't something I want to stomach. :-/

I posted a few days ago that my shake/vibration was intermittent. Well not anymore, and I highly doubt it's tire related even though they are the GD SR-A's. It will act the same at 35 mph or 50-60 mph. The faster I go it's less noticeable though. At 73 I don't feel it, but I'm sure it's still there. I'm also one of those that believes it's in the driveline,specifically the converter. I have nearly 1,400 miles on it now.

I dread having to mention this to the dealer, as I'm sure mine will be the first to have this issue. I need this problem addressed, but then you are at their mercy with what they suggest should be the course of action. Oh well, I guess I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Greg

Edited by glc

Thanks for the input and for sharing your experiences. The truck has been in the shop now for three days with no solution for the problem. The one thing the dealer says is that it may get better within 6000miles as the tranny needs to "learn" the engine?? I have also read about the afm update but i am not sure if my truck has it or not< I will ask tomorrow. I am not sure what to make of that but I just put insurance back on the old 2008...damn i missed that truck.

My 2014 double cab still vibrates at 4000 miles.

Tire balancing, new tires and wheels off a truck that didn't vibrate and driveshaft 180 turn hasn't helped.

It goes back next week for rear end check.

I do want to share this experiment I did. We had a hell of a wind 2 days ago coming out of the south (35 MPH) so I drive my 2014 crew cab directly into the wind up to cut off speed. Vibrations were present at speeds of 45 MPH +. Turned around and headed back north with the wind and had no vibration. Smooth as silk. I think it may be some of the plastic panels underneath the truck. I plan on taking my GoPro cameras and mounting to the underside to see what's going on under the truck while driving. What doesn't make sense is the randomness of the problem. I will post my findings.

Look back at one of my posts. I had the tires and what the force was on each and the parts for the vibration dampeners. GM will right you off because the problem is huge. They will never fix the AFM issues. I only have to drive it for two years then I always trade. I really doubt they fix the issues in that two year period. Sad

:nonod:

Edited by gdadlow

Well friends, today is consecutive day number 30 for my truck being at the dealership and 41 days out of the past 60 or so, sad but true. I have an attorney that has submitted the applicable paperwork and GM should be receiving this within the next day or two. I am not settling for anything less than a full refund to include service contracts and all accessories that was purchased for this vehicle through the dealership (Ed Schmidts in Perrysburg Ohio) and now they (GM) will incur more costs by having to pay legal fees. On the upside I have been to the Ford, Toyota and Chrysler dealerships looking and driving their top of the line trucks and there are some very nice options out there for those of us that are now tired of dealing with GM. When all this first started for me I was willing to be flexible and accomodating as I understand this is a new model year but enough is enough. Since I believe in removing frustrations from my life the decision is easy and hey I do have a guy that works for me that is retired from Ford so it makes that Platinum and Limited very appealing options. Regardless of what my new truck will be I will be sure to check out all forums before buying. I appreciate the input of everyone and wish all good luck in their endeavors with GM and in particular how they (GM) handles this issue and your trucks.Remember there is strength in numbers, dont let GM run from their responsibility to consumers and the people that kept their jobs alive through our tax dollars and bailout, next time let capitalism run its course. Hmmm another positive for Ford the only 1 of the big 3 that has never asked for a government handout. Good luck!

-John

Well friends, today is consecutive day number 30 for my truck being at the dealership and 41 days out of the past 60 or so, sad but true. I have an attorney that has submitted the applicable paperwork and GM should be receiving this within the next day or two. I am not settling for anything less than a full refund to include service contracts and all accessories that was purchased for this vehicle through the dealership (Ed Schmidts in Perrysburg Ohio) and now they (GM) will incur more costs by having to pay legal fees. On the upside I have been to the Ford, Toyota and Chrysler dealerships looking and driving their top of the line trucks and there are some very nice options out there for those of us that are now tired of dealing with GM. When all this first started for me I was willing to be flexible and accomodating as I understand this is a new model year but enough is enough. Since I believe in removing frustrations from my life the decision is easy and hey I do have a guy that works for me that is retired from Ford so it makes that Platinum and Limited very appealing options. Regardless of what my new truck will be I will be sure to check out all forums before buying. I appreciate the input of everyone and wish all good luck in their endeavors with GM and in particular how they (GM) handles this issue and your trucks.Remember there is strength in numbers, dont let GM run from their responsibility to consumers and the people that kept their jobs alive through our tax dollars and bailout, next time let capitalism run its course. Hmmm another positive for Ford the only 1 of the big 3 that has never asked for a government handout. Good luck!

-John

If you go with the Ford, make sure its the 5.0L its their best engine, avoid the Ecoboost. I have worked at Chrysler, Ford and GM delerships. The 5.0L is the best truck in terms of reliability.

Idk what to do my dealer says they can't feel the vibration but its still clearly there Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Do not let them off the hook. Start by demanding to speak with the service manager and dealership general manager and if not them the owner of the dealership, everyone has a boss unless they own the company. In conjunction call GM customer care and open a case file get things documented. Do not be afraid to be assertive and do not be affraid to state truth and facts again document dates times and discussions as best as possible. Tell the service manager and general manager you want the zone rep to look at your truck let the dealership know that the issue is with the truck and GM not them but you expect them as the dealership you buy from to help you. If they dont take it to social media. Again dont be a victim that is what they are preying on. Just my two cents...

Idk what to do my dealer says they can't feel the vibration but its still clearly there Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Do not let them off the hook. Start by demanding to speak with the service manager and dealership general manager and if not them the owner of the dealership, everyone has a boss unless they own the company. In conjunction call GM customer care and open a case file get things documented. Do not be afraid to be assertive and do not be affraid to state truth and facts again document dates times and discussions as best as possible. Tell the service manager and general manager you want the zone rep to look at your truck let the dealership know that the issue is with the truck and GM not them but you expect them as the dealership you buy from to help you. If they dont take it to social media. Again dont be a victim that is what they are preying on. Just my two cents...

Cool thanks for the advice. As everyone knows this is beyond frustrating

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Just got the truck back. Shakes worse now than it did before!! POS Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Apparently they "rebalanced" the tires and messed it up even worse.

Yep

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk