I have been looking under my truck to see if a plastic panel is loose or something and cannot find anything yet, it has a weird sound at anything above 60mph. It sounds like a plastic panel vibrating (hard to describe but is very irritating) I cannot find it............. Sierra build date 12-15-13 CC SB 5.3 Z71 4x4 has anyone else noticed this and found out what is doing it? Betting this is NOT the only one. Hate to break out the duct tape (as they say in Puerto Rico da race car tape) on a 50k truck LOL

I have been looking under my truck to see if a plastic panel is loose or something and cannot find anything yet, it has a weird sound at anything above 60mph. It sounds like a plastic panel vibrating (hard to describe but is very irritating) I cannot find it............. Sierra build date 12-15-13 CC SB 5.3 Z71 4x4 has anyone else noticed this and found out what is doing it? Betting this is NOT the only one. Hate to break out the duct tape (as they say in Puerto Rico da race car tape) on a 50k truck LOL

Mine was also making a noise too, hard to describe, like fluttering (?).......I noticed the big plastic splash guard under the front end was rubbing on the frame so much that it made a shiny spot.......I isolated it with a thick piece of weather stripping and have not heard anything since.

Mine was also making a noise too, hard to describe, like fluttering (?).......I noticed the big plastic splash guard under the front end was rubbing on the frame so much that it made a shiny spot.......I isolated it with a thick piece of weather stripping and have not heard anything since.

I hate to bother you but would you happen to have a pic of that? I think your description of (Fluttering) is the perfect word. I see several plastic pieces under there but cannot figure which one is doing this, I will look for the spot rubbed shiny that you mentioned but I have not seen that so far.

I hate to bother you but would you happen to have a pic of that? I think your description of (Fluttering) is the perfect word. I see several plastic pieces under there but cannot figure which one is doing this, I will look for the spot rubbed shiny that you mentioned but I have not seen that so far.

bzt51.jpg

Check other suspicious areas too.

Excellent pic thank you so much. I am heading outside to go to work and will check that out. I might have to stop by the Lowes and pick up some sticky back tape...........look forward to riding down the road without that FLUTTERING sound.

Excellent pic thank you so much. I am heading outside to go to work and will check that out. I might have to stop by the Lowes and pick up some sticky back tape...........look forward to riding down the road without that FLUTTERING sound.

Get yourself a solid piece of rubber and epoxy glue, sand frame in that spot and glue it. That weather stripping will deteriorate.

I think I would be tempted to just trim the plastic to provide enough clearance so it would no longer rub...

Agreed. That's what I was thinking.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Check the fuel tank slid plate as well the inner side by the drive shaft it is held on with metal tabs and a few of us had only one tan bent to hold it. It was very loose in the case so I bent them all up to tighten it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GM has been centering their focus on the drive shaft and mating yokes but I think it actually the torque converter, Chrysler had this exact same issue with their trucks a few years ago. I just checked the paperwork and my truck has been in the shop since 2/27 (actually dropped off on the 26th). I contacted a consumer affairs attorney yesterday since I now meet requirements for lemon law in Ohio.I figure I could handle it but since things have been such a headache I will just make GM pay for an attorney as well. I am not here to take shots at GM but at this point I cannot consiously think about keeping this truck or buying another GM vehicle. Not now not tomorrow or anytime in the imaginable future.

Took my gm tech for a ride today he verified the shaking and said they would probably change the tires. Truck has 289 miles on it. Been in the shop more than I have driven it. Called gm rep and they r now working with me. I will push for a new truck.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

GM has been centering their focus on the drive shaft and mating yokes but I think it actually the torque converter, Chrysler had this exact same issue with their trucks a few years ago. I just checked the paperwork and my truck has been in the shop since 2/27 (actually dropped off on the 26th). I contacted a consumer affairs attorney yesterday since I now meet requirements for lemon law in Ohio.I figure I could handle it but since things have been such a headache I will just make GM pay for an attorney as well. I am not here to take shots at GM but at this point I cannot consiously think about keeping this truck or buying another GM vehicle. Not now not tomorrow or anytime in the imaginable future.

I agree on the torque converter.

Edited by nitroduck