That vibration at 30 mph could have something to do with the fuel management system. (engine going to 4 cyl) I notice it only when mine is running on 4 cyl. It just sounds like a low rumble.

What I have is a constant thing, and it varies depending on the road.

It varies from a hum feeling to a tremble that will shake your hand.

Yours sounds like a different issue.

My truck came with continental tires, been smooth. Took a small Hwy trip yesterday notice a little shake just when it was ready to go from v4 to v8. I don't think I would have notice but after reading some of the post on here, I think I may be becoming a little paranoid. Maybe Im not alone.

That vibration at 30 mph could have something to do with the fuel management system. (engine going to 4 cyl) I notice it only when mine is running on 4 cyl. It just sounds like a low rumble.

My passed posts have part numbers and what they did. Maybe it is a combination of things. I still have the drone at 40 thru 50 but I just try to keep it out of overdrive and it stops. I had the vib in the wheel on the hands. That made my fingers tingle. I can live with the drone. Choices of another vehicle are limited.

My passed posts have part numbers and what they did. Maybe it is a combination of things. I still have the drone at 40 thru 50 but I just try to keep it out of overdrive and it stops. I had the vib in the wheel on the hands. That made my fingers tingle. I can live with the drone. Choices of another vehicle are limited.

Also I have drone whether in v4 or v8. Drive in tow haul in tow and it goes away....

It wont let the trans go into overdrive or last gear.

A continual soft vibration or is it harsh.

Mine has a vibration that ranges from soft to a bit annoying.

Yes, you described it perfectly. I feel it through the steering wheel and sometimes through the gas pedal.

Try Michelins before you give up. Look back at my posts to see what they did to fix.

Yes, when they replaced the tires, they install the same Bridgestone tires that came on it from GM. I can't bring myself to purchase $1,000 worth of tires for a brand new truck.

KARNUT has it figured out it is simply MASS HYSTERIA. Now go take your meds and shut up..............................hahahahahahaha.................now myself here I am going to start pricing some new tires cuz my MASS HYSTERIA is sooooooooooo real that I cannot shake (Shake and Vibrate) it off. Pun intended.

AW HELL RICKEY, I WAS HIGH WHEN I SAID THAT!

sml_gallery_127212_2519_115578.jpg

QUOTE BY RICKY BOBBY'S DAD "IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST"....................................TALLADEGA NIGHTS THE BEST MOVIE EVER MADE LOL SHAKE AND BAKE

Edited by MyFavTruck
  • Like 1

Yes, when they replaced the tires, they install the same Bridgestone tires that came on it from GM. I can't bring myself to purchase $1,000 worth of tires for a brand new truck.

They put them on no charge....

• Like 1

5.3 3.42 ratio. Michelins and vibration dampeners fixed it. Look back through my posts to get part numbers.

They also did something with the exhaust. There is a flap back there that is supposed to open and close. They made it so it stayed open. Could possibly be choking back for fuel mileage or something. Government is trying to make the manufacture squeeze every MPG that those of us who choose to drive pick ups that have balls suffer.

There I said it.....

Not $1,000. If you have discount tire nearby. They will give you something for your take offs. Just cannot see paying 40-50,000 for a truck and driving on low bid oems. Life is too, too short for fighting with gm. Even it the new Michelins do not fix it you are way ahead with a better tire and it will ride, handle and stop better than now.

How does it affect anything it is just a little flapper valve? Mine is mounted to the muffler outlet just in front of the rear axle on my CC SB Z71 4x4 SLT. It looks like something that is going to rust and freezeup either shut or partially shut in the future. Kinda stupid looking for an exhaust system. Who has removed it or locked it open and kept the stock exhaust system? Any effects maybe a louder drone noise or something? Oh and how can you be sure that the valve is 100% open when you lock the worm gear clamp on the spring head there is no way to see the flapper itself?????

Have a loaner '14 SLE while my trk has some work done. 20 inch SLE wheels with GY LS. Thing shook so bad on drive home I thought a wheel was loose. It has to be bad tires or balance. I can tell these GY LS are really not a good tire. Even at slower speed and no shake, they are harsh and ride rough. Feel like they are inflated to 60 lbs (they are not). The GYs LS are No comparison to my Michelins on my truck.

If this was my truck, I would dump these tires for Michelins so fast. Even if I had to get a loan to do such. Then trueing/high speed balance on the trk. IF still an issue, then I would return to dealer to look elsewhere. OH, I would be sure to check the wheels for run out etc...when changing tires.

Have a loaner '14 SLE while my trk has some work done. 20 inch SLE wheels with GY LS. Thing shook so bad on drive home I thought a wheel was loose. It has to be bad tires or balance. I can tell these GY LS are really not a good tire. Even at slower speed and no shake, they are harsh and ride rough. Feel like they are inflated to 60 lbs (they are not). The GYs LS are No comparison to my Michelins on my truck.

If this was my truck, I would dump these tires for Michelins so fast. Even if I had to get a loan to do such. Then trueing/high speed balance on the trk. IF still an issue, then I would return to dealer to look elsewhere. OH, I would be sure to check the wheels for run out etc...when changing tires.

This proves that vibration problems on these trucks are not as rare an occurrence as some GM apologists on this site would lead you to believe.

Edited by pm26