I did take the service manager for a ride. He was like blowing me off. I called GM today and opened a case so we will see. They asked what I wanted, I told them fix the truck to my satisfaction, or buy it back and I'll buy a 2015 2500 HD.

And what did he say?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Having the same problem. The shaking is intermittent at speeds over 70MPH. Truck has been to 2 different dealerships for repair 4 times. They have changed 3 of the 4 tires saying they were "out of spec" and they have "force balanced" all 4 wheels several times. Nothing has made the issue better or worse. Last time it was in the shop they hooked some computer up to the seat to measure the "freaquency" of the vibration and from what the "freaquency" the vibration puts out tells them it is a tire issue. Well if it was a tire issue it would not happen intermittently it would happen all the time wouldnt it? Spoke with the service manager yesterday and he said he is working on a 2014 with the same issue, he is working with chevy on the issue and when he fixed that one they will know what to do with mine. Almost ready to file a lemon law on this thing.

Having the same problem. The shaking is intermittent at speeds over 70MPH. Truck has been to 2 different dealerships for repair 4 times. They have changed 3 of the 4 tires saying they were "out of spec" and they have "force balanced" all 4 wheels several times. Nothing has made the issue better or worse. Last time it was in the shop they hooked some computer up to the seat to measure the "freaquency" of the vibration and from what the "freaquency" the vibration puts out tells them it is a tire issue. Well if it was a tire issue it would not happen intermittently it would happen all the time wouldnt it? Spoke with the service manager yesterday and he said he is working on a 2014 with the same issue, he is working with chevy on the issue and when he fixed that one they will know what to do with mine. Almost ready to file a lemon law on this thing.

It is possible one of the new tires could be bad. My suggestion would be to get rid of the Goodyears all together. I have this same issue, but I know it's one of my tires because it rode fine (surprisingly with the Goodyears) and since I put a new set of all-terrains on it, it has showed up. Seems to be a harmonic vibration, when the 2 tires get in sync with eachother is when it is worse. Or it might not be tires at all in your case, but from what most members here are saying is that it shakes all the time, not just intermittently which are signs of the infamous harmonic vibe.

It is possible one of the new tires could be bad. My suggestion would be to get rid of the Goodyears all together. I have this same issue, but I know it's one of my tires because it rode fine (surprisingly with the Goodyears) and since I put a new set of all-terrains on it, it has showed up. Seems to be a harmonic vibration, when the 2 tires get in sync with eachother is when it is worse. Or it might not be tires at all in your case, but from what most members here are saying is that it shakes all the time, not just intermittently which are signs of the infamous harmonic vibe.

It is too steady of a vibration to be harmonic vibe. I am hoping it is the tires in some way. I heard of something called the "crew cab hop" that was in issue with the 04-06 crew cabs. Basically the wind hitting the body of the truck a certain way causing a shake/vibration. Wondering if that has something to do with it. I will let you know what he service manager comes up with for a repair. Hope the engineers at GM have figured it out.

• Like 1

I have a 2014 Chevy Silverado 4x4 with 4k miles on it. The truck has had a vibration in the steering and coming through the pedals from day one. My local dealer has attempted to fix the vibration 4 times. They have road force balanced the tires and taken the tires off the rims and spun them 90 degrees and remounted. That didn't work so they replaced the tires with brand new tires and it still vibrates very badly. The vibration starts at 45 mph and gets worst from there.

I am ready to drop the keys off to the dealer and walk away. I will try to contact GM tomorrow then call my finance company to help with the buy back. I have done my part to allow them to fix the issue with no results.

I have a 2014 Chevy Silverado 4x4 with 4k miles on it. The truck has had a vibration in the steering and coming through the pedals from day one. My local dealer has attempted to fix the vibration 4 times. They have road force balanced the tires and taken the tires off the rims and spun them 90 degrees and remounted. That didn't work so they replaced the tires with brand new tires and it still vibrates very badly. The vibration starts at 45 mph and gets worst from there.

I am ready to drop the keys off to the dealer and walk away. I will try to contact GM tomorrow then call my finance company to help with the buy back. I have done my part to allow them to fix the issue with no results.

A continual soft vibration or is it harsh.

Mine has a vibration that ranges from soft to a bit annoying.

A continual soft vibration or is it harsh.

Mine has a vibration that ranges from soft to a bit annoying.

Try Michelins before you give up. Look back at my posts to see what they did to fix.

Read back on my post. Mine is smooth now. Goodyears are junk. 4 piece tire vs Michelins 8 piece.

Try Michelins before you give up. Look back at my posts to see what they did to fix.

Not the tires, although the stock tires are junk.

I have Nitto Terra Grapplers.

They claimed it was the oversized tires.

I had balanced them twice and told them no.

We took my tires and put it on another truck. It ran perfect with my tires. With its tires I still had a vibration. So we eliminated the tires as a problem.

My vibration feels like a hum in the steering wheel. It will get noticeable after 30 mph. Sometimes it is annoying sometimes not noticeable.

Not the tires, although the stock tires are junk.

I have Nitto Terra Grapplers.

They claimed it was the oversized tires.

I had balanced them twice and told them no.

We took my tires and put it on another truck. It ran perfect with my tires. With its tires I still had a vibration. So we eliminated the tires as a problem.

My vibration feels like a hum in the steering wheel. It will get noticeable after 30 mph. Sometimes it is annoying sometimes not noticeable.

That vibration at 30 mph could have something to do with the fuel management system. (engine going to 4 cyl) I notice it only when mine is running on 4 cyl. It just sounds like a low rumble.