Guys

I have not responded in a while but hear is what's been going on with my truck .I had my dealers gm rep come out went for a ride me him and sales manger. Rep said truck has a vibration ni doubt.He then had gm engineer come to dealership with a vibration analyzer spent six hours on it did close to sixty miles with two different sets of tires still has vibration .the end result was that the ring and pinion lash was out of spec.(made by American axal corp.) Order me a complete rear end .rotors brake calp.the whole thing plug and play.had rear end installed all low speed vibration was gone but still had some vibration at the higher speeds that we all have but character's of vibration had changed. Went back to dealership told them I want to have my tire road forced balance at a location of my choice on gm dime. At first gm said no that the enginer said it was all set.told then it was not all set they could buy my truck back and resell if it was all good.gm said there not buying it back I told them I would be pursuing the lemon law in my state (MA) and that my lawyer would be contacting them, also told gm rep I was call a relative that works for the today show in NY.two day later the dealership call and said gm will pay to have tire balance and allinement to check the thrust angle with the new rear end installed. Gm engineer told me the spec.is no higher than 18lbs but like them below 14lbs.my road foce readings where rr4lbs lr 9lbs rf 2lbs lr 22lbs that tire is no good tried to do a quick match only got it down to 19lbs .Note left front closes to driver and steering wheel.Went through three more tires before I got a number of 4lbs these are good year 20".so highest road force# is 9lbs. Drove truck and no more vibration low speed high speeds. Brought back to my dealership and took thw boy for a ride they can't believe how much smoother the truxk rides. We then took the same truck as mineoff the lot with 16 miles on it and I watched the head rest shake the back seat the steering wheel shake and vibration though out the whole truck.This past weekend me son had hockey tournament 3and a half hour ride truck was smooth as glass 50 60 70 80 90 miles hour.

So that's my story hpoe it is helpful and good luck to all.

Ps some one posted that it was not there problem anymore it was gms they put them in a new truck that he was driving for a couple day to see that it had no vibration before they signed the paper work. Did you trade out or did gm buy it back?

Sounds like another case of good tires fixing an issue.

Edited by RM4665

TAC =Technical Assistance Center. GM service centers ( primarily dealers) resource . And yes those are TAC case numbers.

Edited by tbarn

Modified exhaust per TAC#71-1280001614

Four new Michelins Roadforce balance LF-16 RF-17 LR-15 RR-26

4 dampeners on exhaust. Vibration dampener mat per TAC #71-12880001614.

Installed sound dampening material around steering column and steering shaft to insulate.

Took for ride on asphalt and concrete mix and vibration seems to be gone. Now with it so quiet, it has made the drone at low speeds real loud. I betcha that is a computer fix. It wants to go into overdrive at 40 then dogs that makes the drone. Get rid of that by driving in town in tow haul mode to keep it from going into the high gear. Will keep you posted. These Michelins are smooth as shit but real expensive when I comes time to replace. I trade every two years so I wont be the one buying them.

Any chance you've got part numbers for the parts they installed?

Any chance you've got part numbers for the parts they installed?

(6) 10199232 dampeners

(1) 50032 Hose clamp

(3) 11515174 Barrier

four vibration dampeners on exhaust and 2 vibration dampeners on inside of steering column.

Installed vibration and sound deadener around steering shaft and under hood.

Balanced the drive shaft and replaced front propeller shaft Part # 3020280

Exhaust seems louder so I don't know what they did to do that. Still does have drone but just turn up the radio...

• Like 1

My 2014 Silverado LT, Z71 is having the same vibration issues. I took it back to the dealer the day after I bought it and was told that the transmission just needs to "wear in". I now have 2000 miles on it and the vibration is still there. I will be taking it back again this week. My truck is also making a horrible ticking sound near the engine. Anyone else having that issue?

So took my truck to the dealer yesterday again for the shaking thing. Even took the service manager on a drive. They called today and said "they could not duplicate problem". It's total BS they don't want to do anything. Today I drove a January build 1500 and it does the same shake. I now have no idea what to do I love the truck but can't drive it on the highway without it making my a$$ numb.

sorry on the font I don't know why it's so small

Edited by bigblzr94
  • Like 1

My 2014 Silverado LT, Z71 is having the same vibration issues. I took it back to the dealer the day after I bought it and was told that the transmission just needs to "wear in". I now have 2000 miles on it and the vibration is still there. I will be taking it back again this week. My truck is also making a horrible ticking sound near the engine. Anyone else having that issue?

Transmission needs to wear in wow that really sounds like BS. You got to get them to put that diagnosis in writing man. haha

The ticking seems to actually be NORMAL I felt the same way you do and made a trip through the dealer lot with my salesman and started about 6 of the 5.3 equipped trucks, they all had a ticking sound, some were a bit louder than others but they all have it. Apparently it is the Direct injection system that they are using on these engines. Dang things are probably programmed to blow up like a ticking time bomb at exactly 100001 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tick tick tick tick tick tick BOOM

I think my truck came equipped with Square tires they really bounce hard after the truck has not been moved for a few days and the weather is cold. I believe that to also be the source of my whine noise and vibration at speed also. I have not taken it back to the dealer yet just over 4200 miles since Jan 17th

Edited by MyFavTruck

I went to my dealer and tested 4 new trucks and every one of them whines the same... As far as vibration, I think GM has more than 1 issue causing so many complaints. Tires, driveshafts, axles... A new tire for me completely fixed my vibration for now..

I've said this on a few posts but it bears repeating. GM and Goodyear have been in bed together for years. GM could not have put a worse tire on these trucks...the tread is there for maximum fuel economy, and everything else second to that. If anyone wants their truck to ride to it's full potential, the first thing you have to do is pull these junk Goodyears off and out ANYTHING else on. Any after market tire will make a huge change you'll instantly feel. Every new truck I buy had new tires before I hit 12,000 miles...and these ones I doubt will make it through this summer. I wouldn't even bother taking it in to the dealer until you've put a decent set of rubber on the truck. You're just going to get frustrated. I know it sucks to have to sink $800 + into a new truck to get a decent ride, but that's just the way it is. The more miles you put on these crap goodyears, the worse your ride is going to be. For me, Im betting that before I hit 10,000 miles I have 4 new Nittos on there.

Edited by MJFlores

So took my truck to the dealer yesterday again for the shaking thing. Even took the service manager on a drive. They called today and said "they could not duplicate problem". It's total BS they don't want to do anything. Today I drove a January build 1500 and it does the same shake. I now have no idea what to do I love the truck but can't drive it on the highway without it making my a$$ numb.

sorry on the font I don't know why it's so small

In regards to your last line...That's what she said. Take them for a ride and make it do it. My vibration problem is over in the junk tire pile by the tire changer. Goodyear is a 4 section tire and the Michelins are an 8 section tire. More sections smoother ride. GM puts and order in for tires and tells the tire company how much they will pay. Just like everything else, You get what you pay for. There will be a TSB for tire change...

I did take the service manager for a ride. He was like blowing me off. I called GM today and opened a case so we will see. They asked what I wanted, I told them fix the truck to my satisfaction, or buy it back and I'll buy a 2015 2500 HD.

I have some vibration and chatter as well and seems to be the rancho shocks with the LTZ package. they are damn smooth off road but suck on the hyw and I have same rough ride in cold weather, until tires/shocks warm up. wish I had the non z71 shocks that are twin tube VS mono tube for hyw ride.

Also have a vibration from maybe the exhaust at higher rpm , just before the shift under heavy throttle.