I have what sounds like the same issue. Felt it on test drive and was told to drive it and it would be ok as it is flat spots in the tires from shipping. Had it for five days and 300 miles and nothing has changed. Dealership is 1.5 hours away from me so I have not made the return trip for them to check it out. I have the 4x4 crew cab with 6.2 and 20"

Time to zero in on the driveshaft and the torque converter.

I agree, it has to be one of the two. Fortunately I won't have to figure out which one it is because GM is giving me a new truck. They let me have it for a few days before I sign the papers this week and so far it has been flawless all the way up to 85mph. Hopefully it stays that way once I take delivery.

• Like 1

I agree, it has to be one of the two. Fortunately I won't have to figure out which one it is because GM is giving me a new truck. They let me have it for a few days before I sign the papers this week and so far it has been flawless all the way up to 85mph. Hopefully it stays that way once I take delivery.

Im glad that GM's taking care of you as they should.

Got the truck out of the shop yesterday to have vibration dampen things on and Service Mgr. took it for a drive and he said he couldn't feel the vibration. I am going to Indy today to see if that did the trick. Will keep you posted. Already discussed getting new truck if not fixed. Stay tuned. Right now your dealer is your best friend. GM is not.

I wish I got the same results as hotrodz37, gm told me case is closed, we aren't doing anything, your truck is normal.

Mark, dealing with GM has been an absolute nightmare. In the end it was the dealer who stepped up so if you're isn't treating you the way you see fit, there might be a dealer willing to help out. I would take it to another dealer and get a second opinion.

Got the truck out of the shop yesterday to have vibration dampen things on and Service Mgr. took it for a drive and he said he couldn't feel the vibration. I am going to Indy today to see if that did the trick. Will keep you posted. Already discussed getting new truck if not fixed. Stay tuned. Right now your dealer is your best friend. GM is not.

Couldn't agree more. A good dealer makes all the difference in the world. They were my biggest advocate throughout this entire process. GM, should be ashamed of the way they treat customers as if they are disposable. Good luck with your test drive, hope it all works out!

I fixed my headache myself...just traded it in to Toyota, should have bought a Toyota to begin with, I lost 1K, but having the stress gone is well worth it...I'll never buy a GM product again!

I've got an issue where I'm getting a hum/droaning sound at speeds between 50-70 mph in 2wd only. Switching to 4wd cuts noise off instantly. Then I'll switch it back to 2wd and drown like pulsing noise fades back in at a faster rate then slows down to 1-2 second intervals...only at that speed range. Rather annoying. Any ideas???

• Like 1

I cant help to think you got a lemon Mark 72, my brother in law has two 13 Toyotas, one 4x4 platinum he drives, one Texas package his wife drives. My Texas package GMC rides better, quieter and is faster than either one of his. Does better on gas too. We go out ever Saturday for dinner and rotate trucks and paying for dinner. When we take mine they say they cant wait for two year turn around so they can change to a GMC.

Mundfund,

I have the same exact issue as you're describing. Unfortunately I have this issue too and after 5 sets of tires and 2 sets of wheels, cladded and non cladded, they don't seem to have any impact on the vibration and as you said it's present at 65-up.

That is unbelievable... there goes my hope so far to resolve! I was at the dealer just yesterday (Mar 5th, 2014) I spoke to the service manager, same guy who attempted to address my issues with vibration before. He admitted that it IS a known problem with our trucks, not all, but some. He called it "Smooth Road Vibration". Which is where I notice it most.. the blacktop/asphalt roads, nit the concrete surfaced roads. He stated that many dealerships now have a new device/machine provided by GM that aids in detecting the source of the vibration... I plan on having them attempt to locate my issue & hopefully resolve! He too said that in that in the past they switched tires to Michellin's with no overall success, as well as the wheels.. same, no overall success.

He stated that for the 2014 model year that they are finding support brackets for the exhaust system being an issue contributing to vibration. Again, though, mine is a 2011.

I will follow up if/when I get some additional feedback from the dealer. I was kind of letting the issue ride so to speak, my truck being a lease... no way to be, I know, but who has time to chase this stuff 100%. However, at lease end, my lease buyout is approx, $9,000 lower than current market value, I am keeping the truck. I do have prior service records showing vibration issues, I could and will continue with the claim.

I could be a pain in GM's but on this topic too though... I have been in engineering and design for 30 years, I was at GM for 12 of those years in eng/des. Later at Cadillac HQTR's in Warren MI for 2 years in Puchasing/Supplier Quality. I am a difficult one to persuade or BS by any GM rep.

Edited by mundfund

What is the "vibration dampen things"?

I will find out tomorrow. Anyway they did not work. Went to Indy and took for a long drive and is still there. Gong into the shop again tomorrow to get Michelins. We all know it wont work but this is the last thing the GM rep wanted to try. If there is no change they will put me in a new vehicle. I don't know what I want. Another truck that may shake or Yukon. Will keep you posted. Trying to be patient and not being a dick.

I wish I got the same results as hotrodz37, gm told me case is closed, we aren't doing anything, your truck is normal.

Do NOT give up. The dealer is your gold. I am a refuse equipment dealer myself and I doesn't matter what the equipment is if the dealer stands behind it and goes to bat, you have a customer for life.