Keep in mind that, stock trucks come with terrible tires. You may have the Goodyear SA's that the rest of us have. You really cant buy a worse tire if you tried. I'm very serious about that. It's a shame to spend that much on a new truck, only to have to drop a grand for new tires so you get a decent truck. If GM (are you listening GM?) wouyld simply put decent tires on right out of the gate, and up the price on the truck for the difference...they'd have MUCH happier customers and the dealers woudn't be flooded with customers complaining about vibration issues. Mine shakes a bit in the wheel at 70. I'm very picky about ride quality but mine hasn't gone over that line yet... When it does, it's 4 new Nitto tires for me. I did this on my 2010 Silverado after about 10000 miles. For now, I remind myself...it's just a truck. I hope you can ease your mind and get to start enjoying your new truck...you deserve that much ya know?

Keep in mind that, stock trucks come with terrible tires. You may have the Goodyear SA's that the rest of us have. You really cant buy a worse tire if you tried. I'm very serious about that. It's a shame to spend that much on a new truck, only to have to drop a grand for new tires so you get a decent truck. If GM (are you listening GM?) wouyld simply put decent tires on right out of the gate, and up the price on the truck for the difference...they'd have MUCH happier customers and the dealers woudn't be flooded with customers complaining about vibration issues. Mine shakes a bit in the wheel at 70. I'm very picky about ride quality but mine hasn't gone over that line yet... When it does, it's 4 new Nitto tires for me. I did this on my 2010 Silverado after about 10000 miles. For now, I remind myself...it's just a truck. I hope you can ease your mind and get to start enjoying your new truck...you deserve that much ya know?

I had the dealer put Nitto Terra Grapplers on the truck when I bought it. Mine is the High Country, I oversized the tires to 285/55/20's. They are the same tires, size and brand that I have had on my 2008 LTZ Z71 since I bought it in 2008. They have been great tires.

The wifes new Z71 LTZ has the same vibration at highway speeds. We lifted her truck 3", changed to Fuel Rims and 305 Terra Grapplers when we bought it.

Road Force helped and I think it corrected some of the vibration, I have a 300 mile drive this afternoon and will test it out on that ride.

I do not believe the issue is related to the tires, although it is contributing to the underlying problem. The steering column is just transmitting to much vibration in the hands.

This truck is my 12th chevy truck in my 35 years of driving. I have now bought new 7 chevy pickups an 86, 89, 92, 94, 08 and now 2 2014's. Of all of the new trucks only the 86 4x4 rode rougher than the 2014's.

Is it just me and I am losing my memory or just getting picky as I get older? Or do the new 2014's really ride rougher than the older trucks? My opinion is they do.

My next step will be to check the drive shaft. I am also thinking about getting rid of the stock shocks on the high country.

Edited by HDNitehawk

I had the dealer put Nitto Terra Grapplers on the truck when I bought it. Mine is the High Country, I oversized the tires to 285/55/20's. They are the same tires, size and brand that I have had on my 2008 LTZ Z71 since I bought it in 2008. They have been great tires.

The wifes new Z71 LTZ has the same vibration at highway speeds. We lifted her truck 3", changed to Fuel Rims and 305 Terra Grapplers when we bought it.

Road Force helped and I think it corrected some of the vibration, I have a 300 mile drive this afternoon and will test it out on that ride.

I do not believe the issue is related to the tires, although it is contributing to the underlying problem. The steering column is just transmitting to much vibration in the hands.

This truck is my 12th chevy truck in my 35 years of driving. I have now bought new 7 chevy pickups an 86, 89, 92, 94, 08 and now 2 2014's. Of all of the new trucks only the 86 4x4 rode rougher than the 2014's.

Is it just me and I am losing my memory or just getting picky as I get older? Or do the new 2014's really ride rougher than the older trucks? My opinion is they do.

My next step will be to check the drive shaft. I am also thinking about getting rid of the stock shocks on the high country.

Something is wrong with your truck majorly then cause ive had an 88,99,04,08,11, now a 14 and it is by far the best riding/driving truck ive owned, drove, or been in and mine has max trailering package. My brother has a 2011 lariat F150 and its better then it. Hope you get it figured out cause they are a joy to drive when all is good with them

Edited by Silverado 6.2

I agree on the rough ride and I think it's possibly the Rancho shocks, on mine at least. People that ride with me can't believe how stiff the ride is. I have a bet with my buddy that just bought a 13 Ram 3/4 ton that his rides nicer. He's working out of state right now so we haven't had a chance to compair.

As far as the electric steering making the vibration felt more versus hydrolic, I can see that to a point but on mine the steering wheel might have the least vibration. It actually seems like the vibration in my steering wheel has got better with time. I feel it in my seat and it radiates though my body. I can feel my cheeks shake at times, no joke.

Edited by Silver Spaceship

I have the High Country, the specs on chevy's website just says it has an upgraded suspension system, it does not mention the Rancho shocks.

I wonder what is in the upgraded suspension system? Is the Z71 off road suspension better? It makes me wonder, when I take it in I am going to ask what shocks it has on it.

@Silver Spaceship I notice the seat vibration to. On some roads I have noticed and actually felt a small vibration in my neck from the seat. I passed it off as not that noticeable but if your felling it in your head something is wrong.

What jumps out at me about the ride is that I catch myself grinding my teeth.

Like you say with the steering vibration it has gotten better with time. 5500 miles, maybe by 10,000 it will be gone.

I have made a management decision, if the drive does not improve I am going to put a lift kit in the truck and put some nice big aggressive tires. It if it is going to ride like a jacked up truck it just as well be a jacked up truck. If I can't have the ride I want I can sure look good driving it.

I have the z71 and drove a standard 4x4 and would say the z71 rides stiffer. I've always had z71 package or zr2 package and after this one I'm done with them. It's very, very unlikely I will ever own another GM product after this truck but from here on out I'm staying away from any kind of off road package like the FX4 or anythingh like that.

In the beginning the steering wheel shake was what I noticed most but now with 11,000 miles I've almost forgot how it use to shake but notice it more in other places. I to found my self clinching my teeth at times too. I want to stress that this truck doesn't shake bad all the time. most of the time it's a very quick short shake, other times like the truck is almost hopping but that's usually when speeding up or slowing down and it doesn't do it every time i speed up or slow down. I'm always analyzing my truck as I drive and I wish I could be like some people and just get in it and drive but it's not in my nature.

Edited by Silver Spaceship

Ok, So here's the deal... I purchase a 2014 Silverado LT back in September. I drove the car home and it was as smooth as a Cadillac. However, a few days later, with only 60 miles, I got on the highway and noticed a shaking/vibration/hoping in my car. I couldn't believe it. A 40K $$$ truck with issues out of the factory. I took it back to the dealer with 135 miles or so. They said GM does not authorize anyone to work on the truck until at least 500 miles. However, the GM rep for my area said they are aware of the situation, so they would authorize the dealer to work on the vehicle. Ill make this story short. Took it in 3 times. First time one tire changed. Second time two tires changed. Third time the last tire changed. I went to pick up the vehicle and it still had the issue. Took the vehicle back and they checked it out and said there was no shaking observed. Obviously they didn't feel the shaking because they didn't go over 40 MPH.. I have made it very clear its from 60-80 MPH. Especially when turning on the road. I took the service manager for a test drive and he said he definitely felt the vibration and hoping in the vehicle. It got to the point I drove up to 90 MPH and the tools under my back seat started making noise and sounded like they were going to pop out of the brackets. The service manager said he will contact the GM rep as there is nothing else they could do. Finally they sent an engineer from GM to check the car out. He did not say there wasn't a shaking issue, he just said the vehicle drives to manufacture specs. So Chevy thinks its normal for a 40K $$$ truck to shake and have a hop to it. Then the engineer said he did not go past 70 MPH because of state regulations. They shouldn't build it to pass 70 MPH if the shake gets worse. Then the GM rep himself came. Took it for a test drive with the rep and the service manager. They both felt the shaking/vibration. The GM rep basically said, this is how the car is built and its not a real bad vibration. He said there's nothing else they can do and they would get me in to another one but wouldn't get me out of it. I told him I wanted out. He said he could not help me. I filled the lemon law in the state of Florida. We sent GM all the paperwork and documentation. They denied the claim and refused to buy the truck back. I guess they don't care about their customers. Oh I forgot to add, this is my 8th GM truck and I purchased 11 from the same dealer. Anyways now I have to go to arbitration because Chevy would rather piss off and loose loyal customers instead of buying their faulty product back and keeping their reputation. I will surely encourage no one to buy a GM product. Their morals, values and ethics are horrific. Might I add I made a claim with GM customer service and the lady has not called be back since November. I always get her voice mail. Maybe Chevy thinks the government will continue to bail them out and don't care what kind of garbage product they put on the street. As well as several Silverado with different safety recalls being issued. I am completely upset with GM. I told the Rep buy the truck back and ill buy a 2015 when they fix the issues. I believe Chevy knows what the issue is, however its to much money to fix. I suggest everyone files the lemon law in their perspective states to show Chevy their product sucks and their customers mean business. If anyone knows Someone who has filled the lemon law on their Silverado and won, please let me know as we can all use that for our lemon law as evidence. Thanks guys, sorry for the venting, however everyone should be aware of the bad customer service and poor quality products being put on the road by GM. God Bless everyone.

• Like 1

Hey Mike

Is it true that you had to pay to swap out your truck? What did you trade into, what happens if that one has the vibration as well?

bought a gmc z71 crew cab, drove it first for 25-30miles and it was night and day. so it did cost me money

If GM (are you listening GM?) wouyld simply put decent tires on right out of the gate, and up the price on the truck for the difference...they'd have MUCH happier customers and the dealers woudn't be flooded with customers complaining about vibration issues.

The name of the game is to put crappiest, cheapest parts on the truck and raise the price at the same time.

That's how you maximize profits.

Mine was out of aliment when I got it, just slightly though. I got the 500 mile line as well. Something about suspension settling etc. It was fine by me since I knew I wanted to get the oil changed at 1000 and would probably have a punch list to go through at the same time.

Edited by RM4665