Truck is in shop and it is coming to a head. Problems will be over tomorrow. I will get satisfaction. Life is too short to worry about a truck. Sometimes we make bone head decisions. We try to depend on a brand. Not this time. They dropped the ball and there is no fix. Good luck. I do not want my truck back because it pisses my off just to look at. Used to be when you get a truck you get up in the middle of the night and go in the garage and sit in it..Sorry to say I cant stand the sight of it.....

Went to shop today and they are sending drive shaft in to balance and add some weights or something to stop the drone or hum. At least they are more proactive. I looked at Dodge and Ford and I just plain don't like them. As long as they give me vehicles and stay on it I will be patient. They have 2500 HD in the lot but won't fit in the garage.

Went to shop today and they are sending drive shaft in to balance and add some weights or something to stop the drone or hum. At least they are more proactive. I looked at Dodge and Ford and I just plain don't like them. As long as they give me vehicles and stay on it I will be patient. They have 2500 HD in the lot but won't fit in the garage.

Post up your result, I hope this cures your problem.

I go in for a new drive shaft on Monday, not real hopeful. The more I drive it, the more I think it has to do with transmission gearing and RPM's vs V4/V8. It reminds me of driving a manual and starting out in too high of a gear. I went on a icefishing trip with friends last weekend and was utterly embarassing on the drive out with the amount of shaking. It sat for a day and on the way home the first half I didnt notice much of anything until I went up a hill and then it all went to shit again.

I dont know, I'm so tired of it.

Edited by microwave

Has anyone tried the AFM delete to see if that makes it better at all?

Mine is at about 70mph and over, but those experiencing the vibrations on hills etc, I wonder if that would help. I too am with you microwave in thinking that it might the the rear end and gearing etc. because new tires or drive shafts aren't appearing to make things any better.

Hopefully you will have luck with the drive shaft, let us know!

Edited by hotrodz37

Update: After my seventh trip to a dealer and riding with the engineer, he said it's a tire issue!!!!!!!! Even after 11 tires and 8 road force attempts. He acknowledged the vibration both on the highway and in the dealer parking lot. Still thinks is a tire issue at 5mph on brand new cement in the dealer parking lot!!!!!

I absolutely believe it is a transmission issue as mine is behaving worse and worse, slipping gears, abnormal shifts, clunky shifts. They drove in for only 13 miles and reported no abnormal transmission issues..............Eight visits and fighting them for months and that is a far has they drove it!!!!! I let a co-worker take it to lunch one day and he said he does notice the vibration but what he noticed the most was the abnormal shifting and lurching................

I highly highly recommend everyone on this forum contact a lawyer. It is very easy and does not cost you a penny. GM will not take care of us or this issue. Let them deal with the lawyers and save yourself the horrible stress and nightmare.

• Like 1

If it's not the tires then it must be the driveshaft. From my personal experience on several past vehicles with vibration issues, the factory shafts were slightly bent and way out of balance and of course the dealer was no help. The faster it spins the more it will whip out of shape. I've had them balanced and straightened at a driveline shop, spent the $150 or so and the problems disappeared, worth every cent and no more aggravation.

• Like 1

If it's not the tires then it must be the driveshaft. From my personal experience on several past vehicles with vibration issues, the factory shafts were slightly bent and way out of balance and of course the dealer was no help. The faster it spins the more it will whip out of shape. I've had them balanced and straightened at a driveline shop, spent the $150 or so and the problems disappeared, worth every cent and no more aggravation.

The dealership took the drive shaft off Friday and is sending out. Checking yolks and anything that could wobble. Will keep you posted.

So when I drive my truck at any speed u feel a slight vibration from my feet all the way up to my head. When I get to a stop sign the vibration goes away while I'm stopped. Is this the vibration everyone is experiencing ?

I can still feel it in my body after a 30 minute drive.

Relax dude. My truck had a terrible vibration too and instead of going to the dealer demanding a fix, I told them what I had calmly and they believed me. Left the truck for the day and they replaced the back left tire and the vibration is completely gone. Mine was between 72-80 mph winds onlh with driveline speed. Take it to a different Chevy dealer IMO. Fighting with a dealers service team only makes them want to help you less...

Relax dude. My truck had a terrible vibration too and instead of going to the dealer demanding a fix, I told them what I had calmly and they believed me. Left the truck for the day and they replaced the back left tire and the vibration is completely gone. Mine was between 72-80 mph winds onlh with driveline speed. Take it to a different Chevy dealer IMO. Fighting with a dealers service team only makes them want to help you less...

Relax dude? I glad you think you know me. I have been nothing but pleasant with my dealership as the problem isnt their fault, they just sell them. I have been in 7 times now, including tire balancing and replacement along with a new driveshaft that did nothing. So no, I wont relax dude.