I have been reading all the posts and have found all the info very helpful as I have a 2014 Sierra with the same vibration that most of you have. I have 2000 miles on the truck now got it with 26 miles . Started feeling this with around 580 miles have brought to dealer several times. They have balanced the tires, they have sent out to have tires road forced balanced both did not correct the vibration. They said might be bad tires or rim( good year 20" and polished Crome rims) they said let's try a different set. I said lets get gm involved . On 1/31/14 I meet and went for a ride with gm service rep and sales manger from dealership ,both agreed that my truck has a vibration . With my truck I can feel vibration at 5- 90 mph. 5-30 not that bad but there,35-55 bad on seats front pass, steering wheel and rear seats 65-80 more in steering wheel but still though out truck. Gm rep had a gm engineer come with a vibration analyzer on 2/10/14 to my dealership . Hooked up this computer with a bunch of sensors that gage the vibration. Worked on truck for six hour , checked balance of driveshaft that was good put two different sets of tires on vibration still there with both sets of tires ( one GY one Bridgestone ) stop at dealership after work for update and was able to talk with engineer who told me that it's my rear end that American axle manufactured said lots of problems with trucks with 308 gears.that gm will not be putting 308 in the fifteens only 342 . So he ordered a new one that has been spec out by gm. The dealership received a complete rear end caliper and rotors that they will be installing tommorrow with the gm engineer coming to make sure all is correct on Friday So that's where I stand as of tonight. I will post the outcome as soon as possible. I think gm needs to get involved sooner than later they know these problem are out there don't let your dealership throw parts and tires at your 45,000- 50,000 $ truck . Told gm that if this vibration is still there they can buy the truck back for FULL selling price or will pursue the lemon law.

Good luck to all have these issues and thank you all for your input.

• Like 2

I have been reading all the posts and have found all the info very helpful as I have a 2014 Sierra with the same vibration that most of you have. I have 2000 miles on the truck now got it with 26 miles . Started feeling this with around 580 miles have brought to dealer several times. They have balanced the tires, they have sent out to have tires road forced balanced both did not correct the vibration. They said might be bad tires or rim( good year 20" and polished Crome rims) they said let's try a different set. I said lets get gm involved . On 1/31/14 I meet and went for a ride with gm service rep and sales manger from dealership ,both agreed that my truck has a vibration . With my truck I can feel vibration at 5- 90 mph. 5-30 not that bad but there,35-55 bad on seats front pass, steering wheel and rear seats 65-80 more in steering wheel but still though out truck. Gm rep had a gm engineer come with a vibration analyzer on 2/10/14 to my dealership . Hooked up this computer with a bunch of sensors that gage the vibration. Worked on truck for six hour , checked balance of driveshaft that was good put two different sets of tires on vibration still there with both sets of tires ( one GY one Bridgestone ) stop at dealership after work for update and was able to talk with engineer who told me that it's my rear end that American axle manufactured said lots of problems with trucks with 308 gears.that gm will not be putting 308 in the fifteens only 342 . So he ordered a new one that has been spec out by gm. The dealership received a complete rear end caliper and rotors that they will be installing tommorrow with the gm engineer coming to make sure all is correct on Friday So that's where I stand as of tonight. I will post the outcome as soon as possible. I think gm needs to get involved sooner than later they know these problem are out there don't let your dealership throw parts and tires at your 45,000- 50,000 $ truck . Told gm that if this vibration is still there they can buy the truck back for FULL selling price or will pursue the lemon law.

• Like 1

They don't know what is making the vibration. Or they do and it is an expensive fix. If they wont buy it back I may just do the lemon law as well. Indiana has a good one. Can't concentrate on work when I think about the stupid decision I made when I bought it. Bluetooth and XM went out today. More shop time. Joy joy.

They don't know what is making the vibration. Or they do and it is an expensive fix. If they wont buy it back I may just do the lemon law as well. Indiana has a good one. Can't concentrate on work when I think about the stupid decision I made when I bought it. Bluetooth and XM went out today. More shop time. Joy joy.

I have 3.42 rear end and I have vibration as well.

• Like 1

I think that both gears have issues with vibration, was told more with the 308 then the 342. I would like to see if people are out there that have had no vibration with there new 2014 chevy or gmc or any other problems talked about on this blog. But that probably won't happen because there out enjoying there new trucks not frustrated like all of us. I read your post gdadlow about bluetooth dropping calls and xm stop working have you ever heard a snapping sound in dash ? Almost sounds like a small stone hitting the windshield.

I think that both gears have issues with vibration, was told more with the 308 then the 342. I would like to see if people are out there that have had no vibration with there new 2014 chevy or gmc or any other problems talked about on this blog. But that probably won't happen because there out enjoying there new trucks not frustrated like all of us. I read your post gdadlow about bluetooth dropping calls and xm stop working have you ever heard a snapping sound in dash ? Almost sounds like a small stone hitting the windshield.

I did hear pop one time but could have salt form the roads. I have never heard of anyone actually getting their money back. I am trading for Dodge if I can drive it for more that three days in a row. Lemon law would take some time to do. The quicker I get out the better.

I did hear pop one time but could have salt form the roads. I have never heard of anyone actually getting their money back. I am trading for Dodge if I can drive it for more that three days in a row. Lemon law would take some time to do. The quicker I get out the better.

Are you trading your gmc in at dodge dealership or does the dealership you bought gmc sell both? If not are you not going to tell them what's been going on with the gmc , history my be on carfax.

Truck is in shop and it is coming to a head. Problems will be over tomorrow. I will get satisfaction. Life is too short to worry about a truck. Sometimes we make bone head decisions. We try to depend on a brand. Not this time. They dropped the ball and there is no fix. Good luck. I do not want my truck back because it pisses my off just to look at. Used to be when you get a truck you get up in the middle of the night and go in the garage and sit in it..Sorry to say I cant stand the sight of it.....

• Like 1

I think I'm lucky so far, I've only noticed what sounds like a flat spot on a tire at speed, it comes and goes, but no vibration whatsoever, still very smooth. I found a potential source with the large plastic cover beneath the engine rubbing against the frame and wearing the coating off, probably caused by air turbulence created by the front air dam(?), I trimmed it and so far no noise, fingers crossed. I really hope you guys and GM gets this problem sorted.