Hey Mike,

I had the bridgestones put on my truck this morning and it didn't fix mine either. I too am waiting to hear back from Jeff for the next step. I have a vibration in 8 cylinder mode and it gets a whole lot worse in 4 cylinder mode, and they want me to buy a $200 aftermarket module to disable the 4 cylinder mode...I don't think so, maybe they should fix their own problems!

Sorry for you brother, this entire process is so frustrating. I am dealing with GM now, Dealership pretty much said they can not do anything more for me and directed me to go to GM. We talked on friday, idk what the ultimate result is going to be yet, but tomorrow is the day I hope this will all be resolved.

Idk if I asked you this yet, but when was your truck built, mine was june 2013. Just curious

Took my truck in to dealer yesterday for the shaking and found the 2 rear tires were bad. Funny thing is that out of the 3 new tires they had in stock, only 1 was good wtf :confused: . I have to take it back to get the other bad tire replaced. Don't know what is going on with this issue, will see what happens.

this right here is why I replace OEMs on my own dime ASAP, if not the same day I pick up the ride. Life is too short and the cost of good non-OEMs is nothing compared to what one throws at GM for the ride. Only exception to this rule is if the ride comes with Michelins. Then just to my friend Ted for trueing and high speed balance on the car/truck.

can someone tell me why the 5.3L engine is now on restriction? Thought I may look into a high country build (different suspension) but the 5.3L from what I understand is on restriction

Anyone have any more info on this? I did a search and can't find anything but I'm very curious.

Mine was built in June as well and I had the vibration. I have the 20 in polished wheels and gy ls2 rubbers. Dealer road forced them and one came back at 41 something when 18 is the limit? Idk what that means but I'm happy now. New tire now and NO vibration all the way to 85 MPH. I didn't go faster BC it was only there between 72-80 mph.

can someone tell me why the 5.3L engine is now on restriction? Thought I may look into a high country build (different suspension) but the 5.3L from what I understand is on restriction

What is "on restriction"?

• Like 1

Hey Mike,

Let me know what they say tomorrow. Where do I find the build date?

Have to wait till the end of the week, most likely next week to get everything figured out. Service manager is away and general sales manager is in Russia watching the olympics.

was there any improvement at all from the new tires?

How bad is this vibration you guys are talking about. Just drove my truck over 75 mph for the first time and I had a little vibration. Nothing too serious. Does it get worse with time? I felt most of the vib in the steering wheel, seat didn't shake or anything.

I have 688 miles and the Goodyear 20" sra's.

How bad is this vibration you guys are talking about. Just drove my truck over 75 mph for the first time and I had a little vibration. Nothing too serious. Does it get worse with time? I felt most of the vib in the steering wheel, seat didn't shake or anything.

I have 688 miles and the Goodyear 20" sra's.

Yes it will get worse... at first i thought it was just the road... but learned after a couple thousand miles that it gets ever so slightly worse and worse...you'll probably hear a barely audible reverb in the cab too (like a sunroof is barely open) if you turn your radio off... It bugs the snot out of me.. Ive got a Luandry list of issues with mine and will be dropping it off at the dealer and WILL NOT accept it back until EVERYTHING is fixed.

Yes it will get worse... at first i thought it was just the road... but learned after a couple thousand miles that it gets ever so slightly worse and worse...you'll probably hear a barely audible reverb in the cab too (like a sunroof is barely open) if you turn your radio off... It bugs the snot out of me.. Ive got a Luandry list of issues with mine and will be dropping it off at the dealer and WILL NOT accept it back until EVERYTHING is fixed.

EXACTLY!