well today I must pay for a Uhaul because they do not have any loaner trucks and mine is still in the shop. I did this before I went back to a truck so nothing has changed in regards to needing a Uhaul to move family members around. I have never considered another brand in truck and I have owned over 9 new GM trucks in my life but thinking this one has me thinking - customer service and product have evolved into something not appealing to me.

Think on my way over to the Uhaul lot I may look at alternatives just purely heart broken

Ok. Vibration and a drone at certain speeds they cant fix. Infotainment has quit twice and the instrument cluster is out now. Seat creaks when you go around corners. Still has the drive line clunk that has been in the GM for years they cant fix. Been in the shop too many times for too many days. Recall of catching fire fixed and rear sliding window regulator fixed. I have had it for 34 days. Cant enjoy driving at any speed. I think that covers it. I don't know when I get it back from the shop. Have loaner but making payments on the new truck.

I know the feeling. I have had a few bad experiences with trucks. Each a different brand. We want to trash the entire line of trucks when we have a bad one. There are other Sierra and Silverado's that will never have a problem.

• Like 1

I know the feeling. I have had a few bad experiences with trucks. Each a different brand. We want to trash the entire line of trucks when we have a bad one. There are other Sierra and Silverado's that will never have a problem.

Never have a problem? I would like to see one of those.

I have owned several GMs that never had an issue. In fact sold a 2008 Sierra a couple months ago with a 4.8 that had 270+ thousand miles on it and drove it to work every day without issue. Trans filter and fluid every 50K, oil changes every 5K, spark plugs at 100K then at 50K intervals after that because the first plugs looked too worn for me, and diff changes every 50K and the truck kept ticking along like a timex. This truck however I think is making me pay for the luxury of that truck.

If you had an AFM engine it would never have made it to that mileage without any problems. Probably not even half of that mileage. I am surprised that the transmission lasted this long.

Edited by pm26

I have two 2014's that I have not had a problem with. Never had a problem with my 2002, 2005 or my 2010. All Silverado's fully loaded out. If you want to go back as far as 1999 then I did have the power lumbar serviced on that Silverado. My first Silverado was a 1989 when they first started making the extended cab. No problems with that one either.

Edited by bearman95

Hey Mike,

I had the bridgestones put on my truck this morning and it didn't fix mine either. I too am waiting to hear back from Jeff for the next step. I have a vibration in 8 cylinder mode and it gets a whole lot worse in 4 cylinder mode, and they want me to buy a $200 aftermarket module to disable the 4 cylinder mode...I don't think so, maybe they should fix their own problems!

Edited by Mark72

Well, I thought it was the tires, so I got a new set, and now even at 65-80ish I still get some kind of vibration. I look over and my passenger seat is moving/vibrating and its like in the floor as well and I feel it in my seat. So could it be the drive shaft out of balance? What else?

• Like 1

Well, I thought it was the tires, so I got a new set, and now even at 65-80ish I still get some kind of vibration. I look over and my passenger seat is moving/vibrating and its like in the floor as well and I feel it in my seat. So could it be the drive shaft out of balance? What else?

Seats vib is usually rear tires. Maybe not well balanced. Ask around and see if you can find a place that balances tires on the truck and hopefully can true a tire. Some big truck brake, front end repair shops do such. Ask around. If cannot find such have the shop recheck the balance. Then look at drive shaft, u joints etc...Lifted trks change the angles on drive shaft, may want to check that too.

Hey Mike,

I had the bridgestones put on my truck this morning and it didn't fix mine either. I too am waiting to hear back from Jeff for the next step. I have a vibration in 8 cylinder mode and it gets a whole lot worse in 4 cylinder mode, and they want me to buy a $200 aftermarket module to disable the 4 cylinder mode...I don't think so, maybe they should fix their own problems!

Just so you guys know, I had my stock Goodyears replaced with Michelins. When I got the truck back from Elkins Chevy, it still had a horrible vibration above 65mph after 2 failed attempts on a traditional balancer, with 2 different brands of tires. I found that they kept adding weights to the existing weights that were already on the wheel. You guys need to be sure that ALL weights are removed from your wheels before the dealer adds additional weights to balance. I found a different dealership with a road force balancer and the truck is now smooth as glass with the Michelins and fixed in under 2 hours. It took 4 different balances, 4 trips to different dealers, 3 different balancing machines and 2 sets of tires before my vibes were taken care of.

Not that you should have to but you could also take it to a tire shop that has a road force machine. Point being: Just because your tires are swapped out, dont give your dealer too much credit and assume that they did their job properly and balanced your wheels correctly.

BTW if anyone is in NJ, the guy who runs the road force machine at Turnersville Chevrolet really does know what hes doing. He also took pride in his work, removed all my old wheels weights and even the glue. If your in the surrounding area and need a good balance it may be worth the trip to go see this guy.

Edited by Arnoldthepig

TR, just saw your location. You are close enough to San Antonio to check out Southwest Brake and Alignment . Have been using for years, Trued and high speed balanced on the truck tires even last longer. Call early in the week and ask for Ted the owner. He is there crazy early. Once the tires are done, he can tell you if the drive shaft, u-joints etc. still have vib problems. If he ever gives this up I do not know what I am going to do, as Discount tires road force does not match this.

http://www.southwestbrakealignmentsa.com/

Hey Mike,

Read my thread. I have it all.

Took my truck in to dealer yesterday for the shaking and found the 2 rear tires were bad. Funny thing is that out of the 3 new tires they had in stock, only 1 was good wtf :confused: . I have to take it back to get the other bad tire replaced. Don't know what is going on with this issue, will see what happens.

Edited by jcastyo