I know hindsight is 20/20, but sounds like they should have tried giving you a new set of BFG's...? Some tires are just bad.

I know, but I was tired of dealing with both the dealer and the tire shop. They are next door to each other and have a relationship. They wouldn't admit they might be defective, and the dealer also said they balanced within spec (backing them up). Kept telling me it was because they were an LT tire. I kept telling them stiffness had nothing to do with the bad vibration. I'm just glad it was only the tires causing my problem. I can enjoy driving my truck now. The only time I use my 4X4 is on the beachfront in the Summertime chasing the speckled trout. :cheers:

Hey Mike,

Yes, the whole process is so frustrating. Jeff called me this afternoon and said we are both getting the Bridgestones. I'm getting mine next Saturday morning, I'm assuming that I'll have to wait about 4 hours while they do it, another frustrating part of this. I have spent too many hours either at the dealership or driving back and forth. I had that Nissan Rogue earlier this week, we should be given a new truck for a rental.

Also I have definitley noticed a vibration in the 4 cyl mode under light accelleration, Jeff mentioned and aftermarket part to disable that...I don't think I should have to pay for it, but I might try it...or maybe just trade the truck for a Toyota!

Mark

Hi Mark, I am aware of the 4cyl vibration and I can live with that for the mileage it has been getting on the highway best 22.4mpg. The driveshaft and two new tires took care of the floor/seat/gas pedal vibration I will give them that, but there is still a slight vibration in the steering wheel. Idk how they missed or did not address this you only have your hands on the wheel 100% of the time.

Do you know what Bridgestones they are getting us? I asked, he was not sure and i was done there. I am hoping they take care of the rest of it for me. Your vibration does sound different than mine, It was always above 50mph for me.

No experience with Tundra's, if i were to go another way it would be ford or see how the diesel ram 1500 is.

Mike

Edited by mroma23

Since that seemed to solve your issue dredd, shouldn't the dealer reimburse you for the cost of the Michelins? Mine was willing to comp mine, but they didn't solve the problem.

It would be like squeezing blood out of a turnip. I couldn't even get them to put different tires/wheels on it to see if that was the problem. I asked them to do that before I spent the money on the Michelins.

I know, but I was tired of dealing with both the dealer and the tire shop. They are next door to each other and have a relationship. They wouldn't admit they might be defective, and the dealer also said they balanced within spec (backing them up). Kept telling me it was because they were an LT tire. I kept telling them stiffness had nothing to do with the bad vibration. I'm just glad it was only the tires causing my problem. I can enjoy driving my truck now. The only time I use my 4X4 is on the beachfront in the Summertime chasing the speckled trout. :cheers:

I was wondering why there are so many 4x4 trucks in Texas.

Well add me to the list of people who are frustrated with this rediculous problem. I have brought my truck in 4 times now, I have the same GY's that it came with and enough lead weight to band ducks for the next 1,000 years. I was told yesterday(after they had it for a week) that they are replacing the driveshaft. Somehow I am not convinced this will work but oh well. At least they have offered to by it back already. I will miss her.

R.I.P.

• Like 1

Many stick on wheel balancing weights are not lead anymore, but steel. However, hammer on weights that are still used on inside of wheels on most vehicles are lead. They would be too large if they were steel. Lead is about 40% heavier than steel.

Edited by pm26

OK. Here is a new one. the Infotainment center display went out. Let it set off for 2 hours and it fixed itself. Then I walk around to the front of the truck and I notice the bumper is pitted and starting to rust. New truck design and it rusts like the last two Sierras I had. Bought truck Dec 23 2013. What have I done. I think I will get the bugs worked out and trade for another brand. Truck is in shop overnight and 6 inches of snow expected. Joy Joy.

Edited by gdadlow