I would bet that if you took it to an independent tire shop and had the tires balanced and it fixed the problem the dealership would gladly shell out the $60 to reimburse you. Just sayin...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by BringTheRain403

Probably not the tires. Vibration is worse during slow acceleration.

Trust me, I have seen tire problems where the tire belt came loose and it caused all kinds of strange vibration problems even at lower speeds. If yours is a 4WD truck, then there is a possibility of bad inner CV joints on front axles perhaps. Those, if bad, tend to cause vibration under acceleration on front wheel drive cars.

Yesterday I had the dealer install the 2" leveling kit. Tonight took the truck on the highway. Guess what, hit 70mph under acceleration and total vibration. Feels like it in the front end maybe drive shaft. As soon as you take your foot off the pedal it goes away slowly. Did this as soon as you hit 70mph and all the way through 85mph (didn't go any faster). I'm going to have the dealer remove the level. Truck used to ride like a Cadillac, now not so much.

Tapatalk via Moto X

UPDATE:

I'd like to take this time to notate the term "Operator Error"

So this morning we had a little snow. I had to put the truck in "Auto" on the transfer case switch. Apparently my truck does not like to operate above 70mph in "Auto". So I pulled over and switched it into "2" for 2 wheel drive and the vibrations went away.

Tapatalk via Moto X

Topic is sliding back fast.. How many people found out what was causing the vibes... Curious if any? A friend has a new GMC and the dealer is giving him the run around. We had the tires checked as well and they were normal

Edited by 20Bowtie14

I have General Motors involved with mine at this point. I have had 4 sets of tires on it, and 2 different sets of wheels. They have had the truck completely apart and in the shop for 12 days this last go round checking the drive line, axle flange specs etc etc and couldn't find anything. Guess what their suggestion was, another set of tires! They are trying Michelins next week, I am doubtful its tires after 4 different sets but I have to play the GM game if I want to make any headway. I have more than enough shop time and attempts to claim lemon law here in FL, but since GM is already involved, I am hoping they step up and do what is right at this point.

dropped of my silverado yesterday to the dealer. the gm firld service engineer is coming wendsday next week to fix it. service manager said that they are not going to touch the truck he will be the o ly one working on it and he will do what ever it takes to fix it. there are also four others with similar concerns at the smae dealer coming for him next week, per service manager. i will let everyone what they find or don't find.

mike