Well, the dealer called me last night. Ask me if I wanted to hear a funny story.'first thought that ran through my mind was, shi they wrecked my truck. Thankfully that wasn't the case. !!!!! He said that after a lot of balancing and test driving they called someone in to calibrate there balancing machine. Tires were of couple ounces when they checked them after recalibration. Shop supervisor says my truck is smoother than its ever been now. Gonna go this mornin and take him for a long test drive. I sure hope it is fixed !!!!!! I will update you later this morning let ya know what happens.

Being more than OCD about properly balanced tires, I really feel for the ones having problems. If it is the tires, most common cause of seat vibration, I have found even my Michelins do not give a 100% smooth ride with just a road force balance. This is on my truck, sub, Accord and TSX. To get then to 100% or as close as you can get, I have to have then trued and balanced on the truck/car.

45 grand for a truck and I am not going to ride around on cheap OEMs. Again recommend Michelins and a good tire shop that knows how to balance a tire. Look around for a shop that trues and balances on the truck. they use stobes to do such. You may have to ask for a referral from a shop that repairs big trucks as some truck tires are balanced on the truck. That way you will know if it is the tires are not and have good tires. If you swapped tires and let dealer balance and still not riding correct, you are missing my point. good luck.

Edited by STex

I got my truck back!!!!!! I would say that the vibration is about 97% fixed. Don't feel it in the seat is the steering wheel, but can see and feel it in the center console. Gonna have to get on couple differant smooth highways before I give final verdict though. They said got road force down to 8,8,10 and 14, with the goodyears. Told them I'd drive it few days and see if it stays this way or if it changes again like it has before. That s all I know. Hope it helps someone.

I got my truck back!!!!!! I would say that the vibration is about 97% fixed. Don't feel it in the seat is the steering wheel, but can see and feel it in the center console. Gonna have to get on couple differant smooth highways before I give final verdict though. They said got road force down to 8,8,10 and 14, with the goodyears. Told them I'd drive it few days and see if it stays this way or if it changes again like it has before. That s all I know. Hope it helps someone.

Same here with me as previously reported..new Bridgestones cured about 95% but still has slight vibration/shake 70-75 mph....think I'll leave it alone....BUT I still wish GM would admit they have a problem and give us loyal customers a heads up on what their plan of attack is gonna be...NOT KEEP IGNORING the problem and leaving up to us to find a solution.....This just ain't right!!!

Also, if anyone hears of a Goodyear recall on these tires (which is expected by my local large Goodyear distributor) please let us all know.............Thanks

Edited by txab

What goodyear tire are having the most problem 20" ls2 or the 18"? I had the dealer put Firestone Destination At on mine before I even picked it up. I have 20s and sold the goodyear ls2 that came on it to my buddy so I hope they aren't bad cause he hasn't put them on yet.

My vibration is 95% gone now after taking it to Goodyear direct! I have 20s with the ls2 rubbers. They road forced the tires and its like a new truck. Its def worth going and paying the $60. I had 2 tires off and the third WAY off from the factory.

Just dropped off my new 2014 Sierra crew cab to have vibration fixed. I told them I didn't want it back until it is fixed and they are giving me a vehicle to drive.

When you go to pick it up!!! Make the shop foreman go for a Long ride with you on a smooth road and make sure your happy with it before you accept it back. My dealer worked with me very well on this.

My vibration is 95% gone now after taking it to Goodyear direct! I have 20s with the ls2 rubbers. They road forced the tires and its like a new truck. Its def worth going and paying the $60. I had 2 tires off and the third WAY off from the factory.

Why in the world should a customer have to spend $60 on a brand new truck that is under bumper to bumper warranty????? It's again an example of GM dodging the issue...Any expense should be paid by GM to keep the loyal customer happy!!

Edited by txab

Dredd,

I would get them to check the tires again at the dealer and road force and index if need be. I have been through 4 sets of tires on mine including 2 different sets of wheels and Michelins and it still does it. GM corporate is involved now and they have pulled the truck apart checking runout, axel flanges etc etc. They cant find anything out of spec. I recently got my truck back after 12 days in the shop and they called me again on Wednesday, their solution is another set of tires. Michelins again, hopefully they can get the balanced right this time even though after all of this, I don't believe it to be tires at this point, but who knows. Whatever the solution winds up being, I will post in hopes it will help someone else!