My dealer gave me a bunch of shit today about having to test ride the truck and it won't be looked at till Thursday or later because of my vibration... And get this, they said mine was the first to come in for this reason... yea...

I ended up going straight to Goodyear and they force balanced the tires and found one wasn't able to be balanced at all. Plus 3 out of the 4 were WAY off. Tire will be in tomorrow and replaced under warranty without going through the dealers crap. The tire machine said the tire was balanced, but then they ran it they told me to watch because it was so bad. The machine was literally shaking laterally side to side and the machine said the tire was good at the same time... Even with the 1 tire still terrible, my vibration is almost gone, and tolerable how it is. In and out in 30 minutes and I hope this solves my problem.

Take your trucks to Goodyear direct and you will be taken care of immediately and then you can almost rule out the tires if your still having problems.

My vibration was between 72-85 mph

Sounds very similar to my situation now, there is a goodyear store in the next town over from me. think i may pop in tomorrow to see what they have to say. Just wondering if they gave you a hard time at all, being that you technically did not but tires from good year? I am jsut afraid of them telling me to bad kid you bought the truck from chevy take it back and it would be a big waste of time. Also did they charge you anything to check them for you?

thanks Mike

My Goodyear dealer didn't charge me anything at all. But, I don't know if yours will do the same. A typical mount and balance is around $40 and for that price I would rather have the piece of mind knowing the tires are force balanced and nothing wrong with the tires. This gives you ammo when you go back to the dealer if the problem persists. If this doesn't solve it I will go to the drive line place locally and pay to have the driveshaft checked. I would rather pay up front and not have a to deal with the dealer and have my truck molested be 13 different people, and just the headache associated with the dealer playing stupid.

Just tell the Goodyear dealer that Chevy can't look at it for a few days and you just want to make sure they're "safe"

I agree that customers shouldn't have to do this on a brand new truck but we've ready bought them and I would rather fix it myself and enjoy my new truck.

Edited by 20Bowtie14

well i talked to goodyear customer service and they said they would adress my concern a gave me a claim number. i scheduled an appointment for friday am, the guy on the phone did seem relucant to look at a brand new truck and saud i could go to any chevy dealer and they should be able to fix it. i just fugured i would cut out the middle man and see what happens. called the dealer back and they have not even got a reply from the field service engineer, so no progress on that end. seems like poor customer service on gm's part, there is another truck witht the same concern at the dealer, they told me, want to get them both there at the same time. given that there are now two at the same delaer you would think that gm would want to fix them asap, but the guy did not even write back.

getting friggin pissed now, two weeks i have had this truck and shakes and ruins my new truck experience

mike

I feel your pain..what I did after dealer didn't want to fix it was put up a really bad google review and I did it before xmas day and the owner said once he read it that this review ruined his xmas..perfect timing and I got whatever I wanted for tires I got michilins next day ..worked awesome

Just got a fire recall via phone (Dealer) and email(GM) . They also will be doing something to the sliding rear window, some other recall I didn't even know about. No word on the vibration. I might take the trip to Goodyear. If that doesn't work I am gonna park it at the dealer and let it idle. Lol

getting friggin pissed now, two weeks i have had this truck and shakes and ruins my new truck experience

mike

Nothing ruins your new truck or car experience worse than annoying vibration. I had that problem with a car (not GM car) some time ago.

Edited by pm26

went to the gm customer service site and emailed them with my vin and complaint, got a call less than an hour later. i was hoping it was going to be some help, nope. just called to make sure that the dealer is addressing my concern. i asked if there was anyway to expedite the process or something, he told me they would call back tomorrow and see if the dealer contacted me with the next step, if not then they will pass to a district manager, blah blah blah. everybody wants to talk about how to fix my truck, instead of actually doing it. does not make sense, dealer has not tried another set of wheels and tires, off one of the hundreds they have on the lot, nothing just road force the tires and call the engineer. no thinking outside the box.

went to the gm customer service site and emailed them with my vin and complaint, got a call less than an hour later. i was hoping it was going to be some help, nope. just called to make sure that the dealer is addressing my concern. i asked if there was anyway to expedite the process or something, he told me they would call back tomorrow and see if the dealer contacted me with the next step, if not then they will pass to a district manager, blah blah blah. everybody wants to talk about how to fix my truck, instead of actually doing it. does not make sense, dealer has not tried another set of wheels and tires, off one of the hundreds they have on the lot, nothing just road force the tires and call the engineer. no thinking outside the box.

Go to another dealer

Well my truck has been in the shop since last Wednesday, haven't heard a peep from them. My wife ask if I was gonna call and check the status. I said nope. Shouldn't take 8 days to " balance my tires" AGAIN. ( Third time ). I keep racking up miles on there new loaner. Think it time for a long road trip. But I did tell them not to call me to pick it up till it was fixed this time.

Just got my fire risk recall done this morning...also had the Rancho rear shocks checked because of noise and leaking...ordered a new set to be replaced under warranty next week...and BTW, asked the service manager if they had seen many complaints on the shake/vibration issue and of course he said - NONE! This is a fairly large dealership that sells lots of Sierras/Siverados...

And also I guess the GM gurus are still dodging this issue and their responsibility to us loyal customers.........FIND US A FIX ASAP IF YOU GIVE A SH** ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS!!

if it is a tire issue report it to the NHTSA that will gain some attention fast if enough report it - a tire vibration could be lots of things in a tire and should be investigated - I used to sale OTR tires years ago and if one had a vibration that could not be taken out we had to replace them

Just got my fire risk recall done this morning...also had the Rancho rear shocks checked because of noise and leaking...ordered a new set to be replaced under warranty next week...and BTW, asked the service manager if they had seen many complaints on the shake/vibration issue and of course he said - NONE! This is a fairly large dealership that sells lots of Sierras/Siverados...And also I guess the GM gurus are still dodging this issue and their responsibility to us loyal customers.........FIND US A FIX ASAP IF YOU GIVE A SH** ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS!!

Not to rain on everybody's parade and I should just keep my mouth shut, but maybe it is the first time that guy has seen a vibration issue. Sure they sell a lot of trucks and I bet most of them don't come back for anything but oil changes until their free services run out, then they go someplace else cheaper. I know it's frustrating but they have to work through a process to fix things, just like any business. Short of replacing your truck right on the spot, it takes time to find out what's wrong and fix it. If they are that busy, they probably have lot of other customers to serve at the same time. I know it's frustrating, I don't doubt that at all. I also don't think GM would blow off the customer base of their best selling vehicle either.

Go ahead, rip me a new one now for my post.

Not to rain on everybody's parade and I should just keep my mouth shut, but maybe it is the first time that guy has seen a vibration issue. Sure they sell a lot of trucks and I bet most of them don't come back for anything but oil changes until their free services run out, then they go someplace else cheaper. I know it's frustrating but they have to work through a process to fix things, just like any business. Short of replacing your truck right on the spot, it takes time to find out what's wrong and fix it. If they are that busy, they probably have lot of other customers to serve at the same time. I know it's frustrating, I don't doubt that at all. I also don't think GM would blow off the customer base of their best selling vehicle either.

Go ahead, rip me a new one now for my post.

I don't have a rip for you my friend, but I disagree with you and your statement above that it takes time to find out what's wrong and they are busy and have other customers.....I think you are talking about the dealers - - I'm talking about the GM tech gurus in Detroit! They are the ones that have been dodging this crisis with a lot of loyal customers (this is my 13th GM pickup!)...to fix the shake/vibration problem, they have to FIRST admit they have a problem and accept that. Then let their guru engineering minds decide what the heck is wrong to be causing this recurring problem all over the country....I'll again admit that the tire change from Badyears to Bridgestone (which was done by my dealer at his expense to keep me happy) cured about 95% of my problem - - - BUT there are still many on this forum that are running into dead ends and GM headquarters don't seem to give a hoot!

Edited by txab